PDA

View Full Version : [Performance Issue] Massive Frame drops/Stutters

Demiz3r
03-15-2019, 05:36 PM
After playing a couple of hours in the game, I have been getting massive frame drops or stutters during regular gameplay. I have to restart my system every hour or two to flush my system to mitigate this issue. I am speculating that this issue has to do with memory leaks or rendering textures. The game runs normal when I restart my ps4. As you can see in the video below, I recorded a clip of how extensive these stutters can become. This was one hour of gameplay. Overall, I have spent 10 hrs playing and I was forced to restar tmy PS4 5 times.

My PS4 is the standard launch day edition.
I have 200 gbs of free space in my HDD.
Wired Internet Connection.
Digital Copy.

I did some basic troubleshooting such as rebuilding my database but it doesn't fix the issue.
I'm pretty sure this issue is tied to memory leaks.

https://youtu.be/lzbXn3048vU

Demiz3r
03-16-2019, 12:25 PM
Is this issue being looked into?

Ubi-Redbeard
03-16-2019, 03:09 PM
Hey!

This issue has been reported and is under investigation.

I will pass your video on to the team.

Demiz3r
03-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Thank you.

I want to add to this report that the frame issues are becoming more frequent after this server-side patch.

Qraus
03-25-2019, 08:38 PM
I can confirm that this does in fact seem more frequent since the latest patch. I ran into this same issue multiple times over the weekend.

Carch
03-25-2019, 09:27 PM
I noticed this yesterday, too. Severe lag spikes when looting, after a kill, and throughout main missions. Large parts of the two main missions I played last night were slide shows. Sometimes during firefights, but also sometimes when just running around and looting stuff. These were early missions - 2nd and 3rd on a newly created agent.

I have seen the same issue on PC, btw. Pretty much the same kind of lag, happening in the same circumstances. On PC my agent is level 20.

awolcz
03-26-2019, 08:42 AM
I can confirm that Im also having this issue, much more likely after longer period of play time. Seems like some memory leaks.

Pau1o88
03-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Yeah me too, usually happens after several hours of game play. First I see the drop in the texture quality then shortly after I get the stutters and frame drops.

PS4 Pro with SSD.

Mankubusik
03-26-2019, 10:09 PM
Cuz Ubisoft responsed on this thread, If you allow, i'll give link on mine for more data.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2024499-Game-broken-bug-Console-crash-(ps4)