PDA

View Full Version : Help with camera position/fail area

Nano_Torb
03-14-2019, 09:52 PM
Hello forum, Iím working on a track and thereís one problem I canít figure out; between a jump and a landing spot I have this fail area placed out, and everytime a rider fails the jump, I want the camera to stop and stay fixed, instead of following him/her to the ground. How do I accomplish this?

fleskeknoke
03-14-2019, 11:23 PM
you must first place and disable a custom camera, (under Tools->common->Custom Camera)
then use an area-trigger right behind the fail-area and point the areatrigger to a camera event
inside the camera event, go to: "select camera" and point it to the custom camera. this will turn on your disabled custom camera.

it should not follow the rider unless you play around with some target-settings i believe.

Nano_Torb
03-15-2019, 04:51 PM
you must first place and disable a custom camera, (under Tools->common->Custom Camera)
then use an area-trigger right behind the fail-area and point the areatrigger to a camera event
inside the camera event, go to: "select camera" and point it to the custom camera. this will turn on your disabled custom camera.

it should not follow the rider unless you play around with some target-settings i believe.

Thanks a lot, this was very helpful!

Nano_Torb
03-16-2019, 04:20 PM
Bumping because I have another question and donít want to clutter up the board with another thread; how do you add stickers to objects? For example, I want to add graffiti stickers to a wall but canít quite figure out how

Edit: Also, how do you make a light flicker lol

fleskeknoke
03-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Bumping because I have another question and donít want to clutter up the board with another thread; how do you add stickers to objects? For example, I want to add graffiti stickers to a wall but canít quite figure out how

Edit: Also, how do you make a light flicker lol

I can answer the "easy" question. its a bit unintuitive for sure...

for decal, go to : Tools>Common>General>Decal
When you have the blue Decal-tool in your track, you must rotate it if you want something on a wall.
you see that white line sticking down with a barely visible boundary-box at the end and,
thats where the decal "stamp-area" are.

https://s2.gifyu.com/images/decal_boundary.jpg

Anyway, you must rotate it so it points on the wall, oh yeah ... every object you want to decal also need a setting change,
do this for the wall (or any object)

Change the Decal Target Category in the Object properties to: Custom
https://s2.gifyu.com/images/concreteblock.jpg

then...go in to the decals properties. There you must change some settings,
also its here you can find all the decals, (its nr 3 from the top, "Texture")

1. Change Decal:Target to "custom"
https://s2.gifyu.com/images/decal1.jpg

2. then change Target Mode: to "inclusive"
if you already have chosen your texture it will now appear on the wall
https://s2.gifyu.com/images/decal2.jpg

or you can find a texture now by going in to the "texture" section

---

im not sure about flickering lights.
i know its possible to make random-flickering lights, i did that once on a policecar in Evo
but i dont remember how i did it, besides i found a tutorial about it somewhere online so i didnt come up with it myself.
im sure you can post a separate thread about that without worry about "clutter up the board"
Its probably actually better that way, in case someone else search the forum for similar questions.

Nano_Torb
03-17-2019, 05:58 PM
All right, thanks again for the help!

nannerdw
03-17-2019, 09:24 PM
To freeze the camera in whatever its current position happens to be, rather than a specific position, a Hit Trigger can detect when you've hit the fail area, and send an impulse to a Camera Freeze Event. A higher Step value will cause the Camera to stop more quickly.

JolanXBL
03-21-2019, 08:44 AM
Here is one way to do a flickering light.

Random Variable Data Source
Value 1 (lower or start): 0
Value 2 (upper or end): 100

2-Input Operator.
Slider: Greater
Value 1: Link to the Random Data Source
Value 2: 50

Add your light.
Enabled: Link to the 2-input

The random will pick a number from 1 to 100. If the 2-input reads that number as Greater than 50, it outputs a value of 1, and 0 if lesser. In coding, 1 means on/true and 0 is off/false.
So the light will turn on if greater than 50 and off if lesser than 50. If you want to increase the likelihood of the light staying on, you would lower the number in the 2-input.