PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P JJ and BP

PNgamer-GER-
03-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Hello,

after the Patch, theese are the changes:

Black prior:

~Light finisher damage decreased from 20 to 17.
~Heavy finisher damage decreased from 40 to 35.
~"Jawbreaker's" recovery is being increased from 300ms to 500ms.
~Leaving full block stance is now 400ms up from 200ms.

Jiang Jun:

~Top heavy finisher damage decreased from 45 to 38.
~Side heavy finisher damage decreased from 40 to 35.
~Light finisher damage decreased from 20 to 18.
~Zone attack damage decreased from 28 to 25.

Warlord:

~Buffed the damage for the light after headbutt. From 12 to 15.

Iīm a JJ main and it hitīs me rly hard. Well, letīs see what happend in the future.

LionsFang78
03-14-2019, 01:22 PM
JJ's damage in 4's was a bit crazy, but they should've compensated him for 1v1's somehow.

While I knew BP nerfs were coming, I didn't expect the changes to bulwark stance. Now BP's main offense is going to be alternating between his standard bash and empty dodging into his zone. Going into bulwark stance too often, whether manually or to cancel your recovery, is going to be quite risky now, a change I'm not sure needed to happen. It took an entire season to nerf Cent, more than an entire season to nerf JJ, but BP got hit surprisingly quick

The warlord changes are appreciated though. Now if only they'd fix his full block...

Siegfried-Z
03-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Hello,

after the Patch, theese are the changes:

Black prior:

~Light finisher damage decreased from 20 to 17.
~Heavy finisher damage decreased from 40 to 35.
~"Jawbreaker's" recovery is being increased from 300ms to 500ms.
~Leaving full block stance is now 400ms up from 200ms.

Jiang Jun:

~Top heavy finisher damage decreased from 45 to 38.
~Side heavy finisher damage decreased from 40 to 35.
~Light finisher damage decreased from 20 to 18.
~Zone attack damage decreased from 28 to 25.

Warlord:

~Buffed the damage for the light after headbutt. From 12 to 15.

Iīm a JJ main and it hitīs me rly hard. Well, letīs see what happend in the future.

RIP isnt appropriate at all.
I know you're a breach player. JJ still gonna be strong in any kind of 4v4. He is just going to be more fair now. That's all.

Same for BP, he is going to be pretty strong even after the patch.

JJ dmg and BP recovery was 2 of the most unfair things in the game. This is normal they try to fix it.

But yes in another hand they could improve JJ 1v1 game.

Sweaty_Sock
03-14-2019, 03:45 PM

His damage values still seem fair, its not like they have halved - you need to land one more heavy or a couple of lights more to get a kill?

Illyrian_King
03-14-2019, 03:51 PM
His damage nerfs and the recovery on the shieldbash are justified, but the recovery on his all-block is wrong on place.

The game goes more and more away from reaction towards pure guessing.

SpaceJim12
03-14-2019, 04:12 PM
RIP isnt appropriate at all.
I know you're a breach player. JJ still gonna be strong in any kind of 4v4. He is just going to be more fair now. That's all.

Same for BP, he is going to be pretty strong even after the patch.

JJ dmg and BP recovery was 2 of the most unfair things in the game. This is normal they try to fix it.

But yes in another hand they could improve JJ 1v1 game.

But why nerf dmg to BP? Recovery maybe ok

EvoX.
03-14-2019, 05:38 PM
''RIP'' you say, as an S-tier in Duels and S-tier in Dominion, both with way overtuned numbers that everyone wanted nerfed, are put more in line with the rest of the heroes.

Pinklander_Matt
03-14-2019, 05:54 PM
they did well! for once, now they have to fix the other tiers S heroes

rottmeister
03-14-2019, 06:04 PM
If this is a RIP, then what do we call Peacekeeper's season 6 rework?

FrothingTeemo
03-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Very cleary an over nerf for JJ; if you are going to make his damage aligned with characters who are stuffed full of bs mechanics and mixups then you need to give him those as well. You aren't allowed to be strong as a skill based character in this game though only garbage unstoppable chain grappling permanent stamina drainers and turtling characters are allowed to do well. Kensei and Aramusha are next on the chopping block.

The top heavy and light finishers are clear over nerfs the light finisher shouldn't be nerfed at all and top should be at 40.

PNgamer-GER-
03-14-2019, 06:38 PM
If this is a RIP, then what do we call Peacekeeper's season 6 rework?

a overnerfed desaster

atac56
03-14-2019, 06:51 PM
bravo to the decrease in damage to the JJ. The kensei should be next, they can't do the JJ like that and ignore him

Siegfried-Z
03-14-2019, 08:10 PM
But why nerf dmg to BP? Recovery maybe ok

To me it is fine they nerf his dmg too considering 2 things :
1/ his access To light finisher is very easy
2/ his undodgeable finisher was too strong with 40dmg considering that BP mix up after a light (SB or Undodgeable) is already a better version of Shaolin one

So, it looks fine

Very cleary an over nerf for JJ; if you are going to make his damage aligned with characters who are stuffed full of bs mechanics and mixups then you need to give him those as well. You aren't allowed to be strong as a skill based character in this game though only garbage unstoppable chain grappling permanent stamina drainers and turtling characters are allowed to do well. Kensei and Aramusha are next on the chopping block.

The top heavy and light finishers are clear over nerfs the light finisher shouldn't be nerfed at all and top should be at 40.

Musha and Kensei arent good examples. . Musha is weak and Kensei is just average.

Even after the nerf, JJ dmg arent on line with others. So it is fine.

FrothingTeemo
03-14-2019, 09:16 PM
To me it is fine they nerf his dmg too considering 2 things :
1/ his access To light finisher is very easy
2/ his undodgeable finisher was too strong with 40dmg considering that BP mix up after a light (SB or Undodgeable) is already a better version of Shaolin one

So, it looks fine

Musha and Kensei arent good examples. . Musha is weak and Kensei is just average.

Even after the nerf, JJ dmg arent on line with others. So it is fine.

ahahahahhahaha Yeah you keep living in that fantasy world where Aramusha is weak. His damage is absurdly overtuned even in comparison to where JJ was because of the difference in how he can chain his attacks and their speed. JJ just has better avoidance and an anti-stamina drain abuse mechanism built into his kit which made his 1v1 numbers explode because most of the people who play this game just do one or two set patterns with their faceroll character and if that is inherently devalued by a kit then they can't cope. Kensei is getting nerfed by the way they already announced it a week or two ago on the warrior's den under the guise of normalization of a game mechanic.

Siegfried-Z
03-15-2019, 12:34 AM
ahahahahhahaha Yeah you keep living in that fantasy world where Aramusha is weak. His damage is absurdly overtuned even in comparison to where JJ was because of the difference in how he can chain his attacks and their speed. JJ just has better avoidance and an anti-stamina drain abuse mechanism built into his kit which made his 1v1 numbers explode because most of the people who play this game just do one or two set patterns with their faceroll character and if that is inherently devalued by a kit then they can't cope. Kensei is getting nerfed by the way they already announced it a week or two ago on the warrior's den under the guise of normalization of a game mechanic.

I gess this world you are speaking about is the one you reach once you get above bronze/Silver bracket level. Then yes i am.
Any decent player would tell you Musha is weak. And i dont even talk about High level or competitive level.

You are seriously saying the way Musha can chain and his speed are strong ? The Guy vas to follow a pretty telegraphed pattern or go for his deadly feint mix up which is entirely nullify by a simple back dodge (not a roll, a dodge).

The thing you are talking about isnt a direct Kensei nerf, the impact on his efficiency will be almost non existant.

Sorry but git gud before talking about balance .

JK2Dealer
03-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Well said Siegfried ;)
Clearly a git gud issue!

FrothingTeemo
03-15-2019, 05:38 PM
Delusional people who think the top 1% represent where overall balance lies and how the game actually plays out for the other 99% of players are the ones who don't know anything. Aramusha has S Tier winrates in plat in both 1v1 and 4v4 so yeah you don't know **** and are speaking about how the game would play out if everyone played optimally at all times which is moronic.

Siegfried-Z
03-15-2019, 06:16 PM
Delusional people who think the top 1% represent where overall balance lies and how the game actually plays out for the other 99% of players are the ones who don't know anything. Aramusha has S Tier winrates in plat in both 1v1 and 4v4 so yeah you don't know **** and are speaking about how the game would play out if everyone played optimally at all times which is moronic.

As i Said i dont even talk about High level there.
Musha is very good at Bronze and Silver rank.. is correct at Gold and Plat. But above, he is weak. Even the average Diamond player can shut him down easly, so it is more about the top 10%.
We can't balance this game for newcomers or people still improving their games such as bronze and Silver rank, because they didn't represent the players who knows what their are doing. It is the same for Gold and Plat, these players usually plays correctly buy still dont know about the full potential of the game.
My opinion is to balance the game arround the top 10% of players, which is Diamond and above. And believe me you gonna find on this forum lots of people thinking the game should be balance arround the top 2.5%, top 1% or even only the top 0.1%.
But doesn't matter . You're free To believe what you want to.