PDA

View Full Version : Random Crashes

Agent ll XL
03-14-2019, 12:16 PM
Hello,

Sometimes when playing, 3/4 of my team gets kicked off the game entirely, while nothing happens to me.
Last night it was the first time it all happend to me aswell and i got kicked off the game.

Not sure if there's a fix for it yet, but it happens.

gumby41383
03-14-2019, 12:32 PM
Hello,

Sometimes when playing, 3/4 of my team gets kicked off the game entirely, while nothing happens to me.
Last night it was the first time it all happend to me aswell and i got kicked off the game.

Not sure if there's a fix for it yet, but it happens.

This happened to me and my group last night as well, it seemed to be after a boss would spawn or right after killing a boss and it would completely crash the game back to home screen. It happened 3 times total and only in a mission.

Just adding to the info.

Thanks for looking into it.

Keep up the great work.

Ubi-Houck
03-14-2019, 12:39 PM
Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the crashing?

Could you please tell us more about what is happening just before the crash happens? What is the name of the mission etc?

Thanks!

Agent ll XL
03-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Hi there!

Could you please tell us more about what is happening just before the crash happens? What is the name of the mission etc?

Thanks!

Hi!

Crashing happens at any time, any mission, any position, any roaming.
It just happens at random times, random locations, when in combat.

Screen lag happens, FPS drops, when somebody has fps/lag issues, the rest of the groups homescreens, instantly.

MHW
03-14-2019, 04:37 PM
This happens to me as well and the other 5 people that I know that play the game. Happens all at random.

davenportjg
03-14-2019, 04:42 PM
Hi!

Crashing happens at any time, any mission, any position, any roaming.
It just happens at random times, random locations, when in combat.

Screen lag happens, FPS drops, when somebody has fps/lag issues, the rest of the groups homescreens, instantly.

I believe these are the same issues my group had last night as well. A reddit post got some traction this morning and it doesn't appear to be a Xbox only issue. It is all 3 platforms.

The most likely culprit seems to be drones, both assault and fixer,possibly any other variant.
Reddit link - https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b0ybot/psa_drone_skill_is_causing_the_mass_constant/

And here is my post here for visibility, hope it may help:
"This is probably not only a PC thing, buddy and I use the drones a ton last night and we're constantly crashing out of the game in big fights.

Buddy uses the assault drone and I use the Fixxer drone.

We had a guy I had played with in D1 a while back ask to join us. He joined us and saw how incredibly good the fixxer drone was, and switched his skill to that. Once he joined us it was a constant DC in just about every big battle per mission.

Pretty frustrating so tonight we will try to play without them and see if it makes a difference."

Aname_Random
03-14-2019, 05:10 PM
Just a note to add my group was having the same issue. Will try to capture on next occurence.

michaeldbailey
03-14-2019, 06:07 PM
@Ubi-Houck I have been having the same issue. It has happened most when in a mission after boss shows up, 3 out of the 4 players will have the game freeze and then kicks them completely put of the game leaving one agent to try and stay alive! Has also happened out in the wild as well fighting bosses or heavy armored gold level NPC’s. When the kicked players restart they do re-enter the game right where they were booted from. Has happened in multiple missions in different areas of the map and i am ony level 15. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

djtickle
03-14-2019, 08:23 PM
Xbox here just happened twice within 2 mins.

Mission Bank Headquaters - 3 of us crashed out when final boss spawned. We all died and then 2 of us crashed when he spawned for the 2nd time.

djtickle
03-14-2019, 08:41 PM
Just happened again in Metro Ruins Control Point. 4 people group 3 people kicked to dash. All xbox one x.

djtickle
03-14-2019, 08:42 PM
Forgot to add, it was when the boss spawned.

djtickle
03-14-2019, 11:09 PM
Hi there!

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/LFUfv_NnglQ

I have uploaded a video for you :)

Agent ll XL
03-15-2019, 03:35 AM
Hi!

Thanks for the video, I couldn't record in time for one myself, so hopefully this will help a bit. This is a MUST fix before the game fully releases.

markgum912
03-15-2019, 04:07 AM
I am getting constant crashes in random missions when I ads or ads and shoot

Br0wnie
03-15-2019, 06:21 AM
This has happened to me more times than I can count. It never happens when I'm playing solo though. Only if I'm in a clan/friends group (not matchmaking group). Not only in Missions but even during bounties. Went to kill Robin and Mustard and the game crashed (no errors, just a freeze and back to home screen) before, during, and after encounter. Very annoying and frustrating because half the time the loot wouldn't show either because 3/4th of the group would be loading back in

djtickle
03-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Hi few more details -

This didn't happen to me in a party that I had chosen to matchmake in. (My sample data is low for this)
Our party was made up byf inviting people from the xbox party option in the dashboard. E.g Xbox Button > Party > X to invite party to game.
I never had any crashes solo.

Ubi-Bandicoot
03-15-2019, 12:27 PM
https://youtu.be/LFUfv_NnglQ

I have uploaded a video for you :)

Thanks for the footage, i'm passing this over for review now

And also big thanks to everyone else for their reports and all of the information you're providing, we appreciate your help in looking into this.

mrdemented85
03-15-2019, 01:50 PM
Playing on Xbox one x right now in a 4 man group, using fixer drone doing the last stronghold to get into World Tier 1 and we have crashed 2 times already in 5 minutes

djtickle
03-15-2019, 01:52 PM
Was it a pre-made group? or did you matchmake?

Also did it crash as a boss showed up and did it leave 1 person in the session?

mrdemented85
03-15-2019, 02:37 PM
it was a pre made group and it crashed at a random time and left 1 person in the session both time. We all took off the drone skill and got through the whole stronghold with no crashes

x FREAKA x
03-15-2019, 02:46 PM
Keeps happening to me. Ever since yesterday's update. It was running buttery smooth up until the update

Ubi-Bandicoot
03-15-2019, 02:53 PM
it was a pre made group and it crashed at a random time and left 1 person in the session both time. We all took off the drone skill and got through the whole stronghold with no crashes

Thanks for the extra info, if you recall anything else which might be useful just let us know. The video sent by tickle360 has now been forwarded :)

EliteCupOfRosie
03-15-2019, 03:11 PM
I just had five crashes during the level 30 stronghold story mission. I got my first crash last night during the island stronghold, have been getting them frequently since. I'm playing on the Xbox One X.

GFacedB
03-15-2019, 05:01 PM
It is just constant at the moment these crashes (Xbox One X).

Currently in a group of 4 in Potomac Event Centre, not using Drone and yet it still crashes.

Using Hive and Seeker skills.

Ubi-Bandicoot
03-16-2019, 10:02 AM
It is just constant at the moment these crashes (Xbox One X).

Currently in a group of 4 in Potomac Event Centre, not using Drone and yet it still crashes.

Using Hive and Seeker skills.

I just had five crashes during the level 30 stronghold story mission. I got my first crash last night during the island stronghold, have been getting them frequently since. I'm playing on the Xbox One X.

Thanks for the info guys, i'm passing this over now. Apologies you're experiencing this.

Agent ll XL
03-17-2019, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the info guys, i'm passing this over now. Apologies you're experiencing this.

Hey Bandicoot, I found another crash bug, my video got corrupted (xbox recording), but basically I was fighting and my game sound kept repeating my shooting sound and i had to restart the game for it to fix, it entirely froze, with just the assault rifle sound repeating, for ages...

Also, here's another ladder bug that made me restart the game from dashboard 4 times so far.
https://i.gyazo.com/996c9dc75742ce1eb2d2323b06ba9b47.png

Ubi-Bandicoot
03-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Hey Bandicoot, I found another crash bug, my video got corrupted (xbox recording), but basically I was fighting and my game sound kept repeating my shooting sound and i had to restart the game for it to fix, it entirely froze, with just the assault rifle sound repeating, for ages...

Also, here's another ladder bug that made me restart the game from dashboard 4 times so far.
https://i.gyazo.com/996c9dc75742ce1eb2d2323b06ba9b47.png

Have you got the map location of this ladder, I have reported one instance of this so it would be good to know if this is the same one or not?

If you experience a crash like that again, can you piece together as much info as possible about what was happening too.

Thanks for the reports :)

Agent ll XL
03-17-2019, 06:22 PM
Have you got the map location of this ladder, I have reported one instance of this so it would be good to know if this is the same one or not?

If you experience a crash like that again, can you piece together as much info as possible about what was happening too.

Thanks for the reports :)

Trying to find the location, so far no good. If you could tell me where that other location was, I can go there and see if it's the same. All I know is that it was a bounty, and it was at a parking lot

UbiGabrinth
03-17-2019, 07:20 PM
I believe it was at G St NW and 21st St NW in game.

Agent ll XL
03-18-2019, 02:01 AM
I believe it was at G St NW and 21st St NW in game.

Hello,
I can confirm the ladder bug on 21st ST NW, this is the one I had.

I've tried looking for G ST NW but couldnt find it on the map.