PDA

View Full Version : [Patch Notes] March Update

Ubi-MrDrPink
03-14-2019, 11:34 AM
Crash & Stability

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to freeze when loading a track
[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to load on a black screen
[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to freeze when the Donkey bike is set on fire
[PS4] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to crash during boot sequence
[XBOX ONE/PS4] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to crash when reporting tracks from Track Central

Online Multiplayer

[ALL PLATFORMS] Updates to Multiplayer Seasons rewards UI
[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose points even when winning in public multiplayer
[ALL PLATFORMS] Updated Multiplayer Season Title
[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause all opponents in a multiplayer lobby to appear with the same customization as the player
[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause the multiplayer season end time to not display correctly
[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause the result screen to display incorrectly if the top player leaves early
[PC] Fixed a bug that could cause players to get kicked out of a multiplayer session after completing a track
[PS4/XBOX ONE] Fixed a bug that could cause the rider customization to not be displayed in multiplayer lobby

Tracks

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug on the track Firebase Faceplant that left the starting platform hanging in the air after the tower falls

Skill Games

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed the ability to record Skill Game replays to the leaderboards (note: ability to view replays from the leaderboards will be updated in a later patch)

Stadium Finals

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that would pull the top leaderboard positions as ghosts when replaying a Stadium Final track. The game should now ensure there is at least 1 time below the player’s personal best among the ghosts that need to be beaten.

Challengers

[PC] Fixed a bug that could result in a “connection lost” error after defeating the 3rd challenger

Contracts

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed some contract descriptions that were displaying HTML or had missing text in the Arabic language
[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed an empty contract description of a RedLynx sponsor contract
[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed some contract descriptions that had missing text in the Chinese language

Gear Store

[PC] Fixed a bug that could prevent shared items from being purchased in the Gear Store
[SWITCH/XBOX ONE] Fixed a bug that disabled the “buy crates” option
[XBOX ONE] Fixed a bug that would cause Gear Crates to be missing from the inventory when accessing via the Level Up pop-up

Track Central

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that caused the menu to become unresponsive on the rating screen after completing the track
[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause a players rating to not be counted after rating a custom track
[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that caused a “connection lost” error to appear after reporting a track

Track Editor

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed an bug with the physics event that could cause physics to not work properly
[PC] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to get stuck in the options menu after changing between fullscreen to windowed mode
[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could cause controls to become unresponsive after exiting the item list
[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that allowed controls to work in pause menu and track editor simultaneously
[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could corrupt a track thumbnail after sharing the track
[SWITCH] Fixed warning that displays in German language when attempting to exit an unsaved track
[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that would display incorrect UI in certain menus in the Track Editor

Localization

[PC] Fixed a bug that caused the game to not launch in the language selected in the “language selection” tab

[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to security measures
[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to online infrastructure
[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to error messaging
[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to save data management
[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to data tracking
[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to creator rewards flow
[PS4] Fixed a bug that prevented the game from connecting to servers after installing the day 1 patch

Platform Store

[PS4] Fixed a bug that caused the wrong music to play in the PlayStation live menu
[STEAM] Fixed an incorrect title that displayed when finalizing payment on Steam
[SWITCH] Fixed some inconsistent prices displayed in-game

Sandholm
03-14-2019, 04:19 PM
Just to point it out again, overall there is some laggyness playing on the switch, mostly just in tracks where you are going kind og fast, i do not have any specific track, since IT is just overall, IT still plays nice, just feel like its "dropping frames" some areas. Have posted this before too, just trying to make sure redlynx is aware 🙂

Smarnyan
03-14-2019, 04:44 PM
From my experience, skill games (most of them) are worst. Others are not *that* bad, though there is some funkyness.

Also networking seems to sometimes make whole game sluggish, though it goes away with time. I assume it’s related to some kind of bigger data synchronization.

TheeElf
03-14-2019, 05:06 PM
I didn't see it explicitly called out with the gear creates, online improvements, etc but is the 800 max inventory/ duplication fixed with this patch as well as restoring lost/overwritten gear?

roykeroy
03-14-2019, 06:10 PM
I really hope so to..thb its the most annoying part for me, besides the lag..i have lost my clothes ive been making..clothes i have bought from others..and the inventory is always maxed out on 800..when i start the game..with 200 spandex pants...100 sneakers++++ And when im trying to sell some of it..its disconnect from servers..frustrating..But i still Love the game..hope they fix it sooner than later..

lu3mm3l
03-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Massive Patch! Will this also start Season 1 or will it follow at a later date?

Smilies2019
03-14-2019, 07:09 PM
[XBOX ONE] Fixed a bug that would cause Gear Crates to be missing from the inventory when accessing via the Level Up pop-up
PC has the same problem.

What about losing saves on editor? i lost 4 days building because i supost you need to save 10 times.(PC)
pre-order Bonus outfits also reset when restarting the game, upon restart you dont wear that outfit.(PC)
better UI for trackcentral please.
better balancing of the career ninja tracks green and up.

attackslug
03-14-2019, 07:13 PM
really hope that "Improvements to online infrastructure" means the PS4/Pro version will stop hitching every 30 seconds when playing online. STOP PINGING THE SERVER WHILE IN A RACE :mad:

crunchewy
03-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Is there an ETA for this patch?

crunchewy
03-14-2019, 07:38 PM
There is a workaround for the duplicate items bug. Back up your inventory and settings saves for safety. Delete your inventory save, including on cloud if you have that. Restart the game. Dupes you can’t sell will be gone and you’ll have all your inventory, maybe including stuff that had disappeared.

TheRedDevil1984
03-14-2019, 07:49 PM
I've just been replaying the school brawl finals duel track, trying to master it so I can beat top canine but I'm unable to improve my time.
The problem is I am WINNING the race but when I cross the line, the game says the ghost beat me.
Is this also fixed?

TyrianMollusk
03-14-2019, 08:03 PM
Wow, that impressively fixes almost none of the serious problems everyone has been complaining about -- and I think that "almost" is being generous.

I guess we'll just keep watching it burn, then.

CallMeSmoph
03-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Any progress on saved tracks disappearing?

FR_Dam143
03-14-2019, 09:12 PM
Two weeks and still no fix for the bug that prevent the game from using dedicated graphic cards on laptops? Despite a player kindly finding and posting a temporary workaround 24 hours after release, literally doing your job for free and rescuing tons of players, while pointing out exactly where the issue comes from and how to solve it? Damn...

LIONDEN1
03-14-2019, 09:27 PM
Good start, now off to the next patches.

giantmoosefan
03-15-2019, 12:03 AM
I personally do not want multiplayer seasons to start until you fix the inventory duplication bug, because I feel it is a waste of time to try to climb divisions for rewards that I will not receive with a maxed out 800/800 inventory.

purpleoozi
03-15-2019, 01:51 AM
Okay then......

purpazo
03-15-2019, 06:08 AM
bought the game on day0. cant play with my superlaptop yet. the march update only fix consoles bug. rlly redlynx ? i feel cheated by redlynx studio because they are fixing not critical things.
yours console clients now will can:
see the contract description that were displaying html or had missing text (wow)
prvent shared items from being purchased in the gear store (WOW)
Fixed a bug that caused the game to not launch in the language selected in the “language selection” tab (WOWWW)
Fixed an incorrect title that displayed when finalizing payment on Steam (wow)
(now i know what way are u taking in this roadmap updates)(looking only for money right?)

bug that prevent the game from using dedicated graphic cards on laptops ( NOTHING ABOUT THIS CRITICAL POINT)

T H A N K S A L O T R E D L Y N X ----------- I C A N T P L A Y A T 2 0 F P S

nothing on february
nothing on march

can i will play in summer 2019 ?

cheated, disappointed and humiliated by redlynx
i only can play with my own workaround: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2002178-low-fps-problem-and-SOLUTION but this is not a critical bug for redlynx studios. thanks one more time redlynx

jimmyg1234
03-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Im confused. Because you have released patch notes I thought the patch was already out but i still havent recived the patch on xbox yet. Surely you would only release the patch notes after the patch has been released. What the hell is going on when do we actually get the patch.

Smarnyan
03-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Im confused. Because you have released patch notes I thought the patch was already out but i still havent recived the patch on xbox yet. Surely you would only release the patch notes after the patch has been released. What the hell is going on when do we actually get the patch.

Well, I like that there is patch notes when the patch arrives... Or even know in beforehand what’s going to happen, instead of having to figure out myself what’s going on.

LIONDEN1
03-15-2019, 02:13 PM
patch goes out sometime next week.

Carl0s_CZ
03-15-2019, 05:00 PM
THIS PATCH IS SIMPLY A JOKE!

It does not improve any of the game-breaking bugs still in the game!
After more then two weeks we still have a broken product, I want my money back!

fleskeknoke
03-15-2019, 05:20 PM
i can't save my tracks under the correct difficulty settings...... that should maybe be more important that fixing some contract description?

s0ad667
03-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Damn, i was hoping to see something about the crates not being given after 80plus level and some tweaks on track central. Like removing tracks from the Play Later list which is a mess right now, lol. And having the Favorites showing more than just 60 tracks. Actually those are the only fixes i'm waiting for.

Anyway, appreciate the patch of course, but hope to see something regarding those issues sooner than later.

LIONDEN1
03-18-2019, 09:22 PM
So everyone here wants everything fixed at once? LMAO

jimmyg1234
03-18-2019, 09:36 PM
No everyone would rather have a game released when its finished. Not rushed out to meet a deadline with so many bugs its basically a beta and then charge full price for it. If this game had been released on early access then maybe it would have been acceptable for this level of bugs. I admit its not just this game that is the problem but more of a gaming industry wide problem and its getting beyond a joke.

fleskeknoke
03-18-2019, 11:03 PM
So everyone here wants everything fixed at once? LMAO

You are happy with the purchase of an unfinished and broken product, thats fine.
But why you come in here and laugh at people who are dissatisfied? I dont really get that.

CodyCruickshank
03-19-2019, 06:41 AM
The Gear Store glitches are definitely affecting PS4 as well, so why doesn't this patch apply fixes to all platforms? Haven't gotten any gear crates for the last 5 levels.

WickedRichy
03-19-2019, 12:46 PM
Next patch should be screen tearing and fps drops fix on xbox

LIONDEN1
03-19-2019, 01:26 PM
Just saying that no game is working all the way at release in this day and age. It might have a few more bugs than it should have but i'm sure most major ones will be taken care of this year. I've had only minor issues, mainly slow down and the loot crate issue. I just want TC over hauled and i know that'll take time. The Coming Soon part doesnt bother me at all, i can wait. People say Full price for a game, Rising is $25, half the price of most video games.

Gleavage
03-20-2019, 04:02 AM
Any reason the leaderboards werent updated with false times? Also causes players to not achieve a better time results in loss each time and wont record it.

s0ad667
03-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Game just started updating for me, 1.8gb. Check your client everyone ;)

korndog81
03-20-2019, 02:12 PM
Game just started updating for me, 1.8gb. Check your client everyone ;)

That big eh... Mine was only about 250mb on xbox.

GrandPrixGamer
03-20-2019, 02:32 PM
[sigh]

I was hoping you guys would have been listening to 2 of the possible most visited threads on the technical issues forum:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2000457-Open-Beta-Performance-Issues-Low-FPS
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2002178-low-fps-problem-and-SOLUTION

We're now almost a month in, and ladies and gentlemen i can confirm that this issue is STILL not solved, even with the patch from today.
How are we this forgotten here? we paid for this game, and we still cannot play it properly to this day.

Arzonyst
03-20-2019, 02:54 PM
I was very excited about this patch, then it was a big deception.

The issue in stadium tracks, not allowing to improve personal best when losing again unbeatable BROKEN ghosts is NOT resolved.
We can now run again decent opponents in final duels, but that's it.
We still can't improve personal bests in 8 and 4 opponents races and get plat / diamond medals.

Please fix it asap...

(sorry for my english, it's not my native language)

PrOxAnto
03-20-2019, 03:00 PM
Hmm I really thought that the 1.8GB patch was for these patch notes.
First thing I just tried was the stadium tracks but it seems they still haven't been fixed, I still have to get top 2 for the stadium and I'm facing at least 2 players in the top 10.
In fact, it's literally the first and second place on the overall leaderboards, UBIGT4HD and Novastar
Still impossible to improve it would seem ...

Just remove the restriction of having to get at least top 4 / 2 or 1, at least that way we can improve the times, I wouldnt even mind facing the top 2 players then.

jimmyg1234
03-20-2019, 03:56 PM
Well this patch was worth the wait. Doesn't even fix all the things layed out in the patch notes. I'm done. Time to move on to something else. Maybe I will pick this game up again in a year or so just to see if you have fixed it but for now you can keep it. The only way i buy another trials game is when its heavily reduced in price a year or 2 after release. Good bye and good luck. Looks like you need it.

Liquic1ty1
03-20-2019, 04:54 PM
[PS4] Siberian Learnings Stadium track 2 still puts me up against the top 3 in the world. Still no performance updates on ps4, my game keeps skipping/dropping frames very frequently. Random freezes/crashes are still a thing, textures not loading in properly. It makes the game unbelievably frustrating to play...
TC still takes like 5-10 minutes to load...

So... I hopped into the editor and lost 2 hours of work due to a random crash. (had 2 save files and both were wiped completely) Even the other track I wasn't even building in.

Patch has done nothing for me. I'm extremely annoyed and frustrated with how the launch of this game was dealt with. I've been an active member in the community for over a year, organising tournaments in fusion etc...

BUT I'm DONE with this game.

Congratulations Ubisoft and Redlynx. You made me give up on a game I truly loved to play but I don't see the point of continuing like this. As others above me have mentioned before, you guys have not listened to anything the community is begging you to fix ASAP. You basically already lost more than half of potential new players by releasing this broken game. So yeah... Good luck, I'm out.

knorde
03-20-2019, 05:44 PM
How is it possible that a game have so many bugs and the most frustrating thing is the communication from Ubisoft / Redlynx. We have preordered Trials Rising Gold edition a long time ago. Finally it is the day from lauching and the game is not finished. No private multiplayer and many bugs. And the TC is very bad. Why Ubisoft / Redlynx don't learn from the other Trial games. Now almost every new player wil go to another game. Almost no communication and the many bugs are still in the game. Never seen so much bugs in 1 game. Played Trials Fusion with so much fun with a friend and we are so happy Trials Rising is coming. Now Trials Fusion is very dead because the most buggy game in the world Trials Rising is launched and this was the end for Trials! I hope there will be a wunder in the future and we can play again Trials with much fun. At least make a topic with all bugs that are posted and the status of it!

PLZ communicate better Ubisoft / Redlynx before you lose all players.

matrikzHH
03-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Oh well, thanks for nothing I guess. The game still:

* has the most broken progression systems in any Trials game - can't get beyond level 46 because I refuse to do a million flips
* makes me race against ghosts that are like 20+ seconds faster than me - Most frustrating experience in any Trials game, yet
* has the most pointless loot box system on the market - Worthless content, duplicates, annoying unskippable animations etc.
* has an annoying map that is unnecessarily flooded with icons and does not improve anything against a simple level select
* can't load track central
* makes my xbox one blow like a hair dryer
* has very long loading times
* frustrates me to no end with it's "multiplayer" bs that it borderlines on making me angry

This is sad.

s0ad667
03-20-2019, 06:57 PM
All these posts here got me worried, but the patch was more than good for me. I finally was able to pass those stadium tracks i was stuck because i was matched against some quite crazy times. And these patch notes mention nothing, but i started getting crates again, some levels i got two at once. On top of that, the crate contents seem so much better, compared to the millions of stickers and dupes of clothes before. I opened around 6-8 crates and got victory animations, accessories and generally clothing i never saw before. And stickers too, but some really good looking ones.

TheRedDevil1984
03-20-2019, 07:44 PM
I'm not getting crates on Xbox. Perhaps I'm at the limit because I have 100 stacked? I can't open any of them though because of the duplication bug and full inventory, which I can't believe hasn't been patched yet.

DCAustin007
03-20-2019, 08:42 PM
What was today update including? We really need to have patch notes posted somewhere, in a News & Announcements forum maybe.

seifuru2
03-21-2019, 04:37 AM
Hi...
I'm still having some of the same problems with the game... Duplicated items everywhere, items from the shop disappeared, tracks central is too slow to load (and go to the main menu again when you finish a track and want to play another one)...

I bought the full version of the game and I get a game full of errors... I'm very disappointed...

I hope you fix it soon because it's a game that I play everyday (with my wife actually).
I love the Trials series from that browser game on 2003... Please, fix the game.

Greetings from Spain.

PD: I play Trials Frontier everyday too... At the WC 👌🏻

IM A IN II A IK
03-21-2019, 06:51 AM
small bug i canot but any item from the store peace!

TrialsFan1980
03-21-2019, 08:29 AM
Personally I love the game, expected the bugs, but also the fixes, happens on each game.
Once its all perfected I'm looking forward to some amazing TC tracks.
Keep positive guys ")

Ollusc
03-21-2019, 10:23 AM
Can someone explain what the patch fixed with regards to the Stadium finals?

I'm still racing against the same characters, Top canine etc, and it seem just as impossible. even on the "Easy" one it seems like I have to do it absolutely perfect to win. Easy should be...easy right?

I'm not sure what has been fixed?

Cruisixx
03-21-2019, 08:08 PM
Challengers are still broken…. sigh

seifuru2
03-21-2019, 11:35 PM
PS4 error CE-34878-0 again, and again, and again... I will kill someone...

Liquic1ty1
03-22-2019, 08:28 AM
So, are we just talking to ghosts here or are we ever gonna receive feedback? I tried contacting Redlynx through other platforms but they sent me here. And now there's just complete silence? Good job guys.

Rudhelm
03-22-2019, 10:49 AM
What was today update including? We really need to have patch notes posted somewhere, in a News & Announcements forum maybe.

You're joking, right? First Post on the first page in this friggin Thread.

attila-999
03-22-2019, 01:46 PM
yes,Rudhelm I think it's inverted humor ....
but that signals discontent

DCAustin007
03-25-2019, 09:03 PM
You're joking, right? First Post on the first page in this friggin Thread.
They posted this thread days before the patch came out, it threw me off and a few other people.

BillyTKid3
04-23-2019, 01:59 PM
I have an guy at work that I'm killing his time by like 15 secs but it won't save it because I get eliminated... This is really frustrating... I can make my time upwards of 20 secs better and get eliminated everytime...