PDA

View Full Version : Castle Settlement Progress Blocked

Bo.Juka
03-13-2019, 02:46 AM
It started because I was exploring the map. I found a building and couldnít find a way in. On the south side was a parking area under the building. I entered and then could fast travel to a newly discovered settlement, the Castle. At the time, I found the basement prompt for Kelso, the cutscene triggered, but the Jefferson Plaza mission didnít become available.

Later on, I marched into a group and did Jefferson Plaza, but now no progress is made at the Castle. The prompt for Kelso still shows up, but I canít interact. Iíve also done the Bank Mission, hoping that by upgrading the settlement, something would update the area.

On my map, the settlement is still grey. I cannot interact or progress with the Castle.

RipVanWinkl3
03-13-2019, 12:16 PM
I believe my exploration caused this bug for me as well.

GeneralPDA
03-13-2019, 03:51 PM
Same here

UbiMorning
03-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Hello! We have reported this issue up. Are any of you able to provide screenshots of this issue?

Gumbus
03-13-2019, 04:45 PM
I'm running into pretty much same issue. Spoke with the primary NPC, joined a group and did the mission and now that settlement is greyed out with no NPCs. The story line seems to be moving forward though but I will absolutely be missing out on content/missions because of this. I will post a screenshot as soon as I can.

UbiMorning
03-13-2019, 05:59 PM
Thanks Gumbus!

Gumbus
03-13-2019, 07:57 PM
Right after i posted i saw this topic came up in the state of the game as an issue and should be fixed in the maintenance tonight. I hope to not be back here tomorrow ;)

Reeceak
03-14-2019, 12:03 PM
I alike many other people were hit by the castle settlement bug which was supposedly being fixed in this patch update. After the patch and maintenance I have logged back in to find this issue still going on and the castle settlement is still greyed out. Is my character a lost cause or will the fix resolve the issue with my current character?!

RipVanWinkl3
03-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Still have no access to Castle Settlement after installing the patch. Hoping not to have to start over but that seems like it will be my only option.

Ubi-Houck
03-14-2019, 12:54 PM
Hi there!

We just released a patch so that players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances. (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2012195-The-Division-2-Patch-Notes-14-3)

Could you please confirm if the issue still persists?

Thanks!

Ephr4im
03-14-2019, 01:01 PM
It's still blocked even after the patch

Ubi-Houck
03-14-2019, 01:07 PM

Thanks for the update!

RipVanWinkl3
03-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Hi there!

We just released a patch so that players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances. (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2012195-The-Division-2-Patch-Notes-14-3)

Thanks!

Iím currently on said mission and did the update however the castle is grayed out on map and their is so prompt to talk to her.

Gumbus
03-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Can we get a definition to premature?? I still seem to have the same issue after the patch. I really dont' feel like dumping in another 20 hours when I paid 40 extra to play and took a day off to actually play. I feel like I paid extra money at this point to be a QA tester but rather paid UBI for my time.

GeneralPDA
03-14-2019, 03:54 PM
we need do some type of activity after patch to unlock castle? like redo jefferson plaza etc?

maybe after patch we need follow original script to unlock that settlement, kelso talks on cellar about kill all people that throw that bomb on castle so my best guess is redo the intended actions to unlock castle but right now im lost and dont know what do

reach castle
beat npc to enter castle
talk with kelso in cellar
take the choke control point
finish jefferson plaza
????

we need do something like this to game unlock castle?

drizzt1138
03-14-2019, 05:13 PM
My issue is that I cannot even get access to the settlement. After going to the parking garage the gates are still locked with no way to speak to Kelso. Castle is still green with no way to enter....please advise. I get that you fixed the issue to stop if from affecting players going forward.....but what about the players that paid the most for early access?

himBRIAN
03-15-2019, 12:40 AM
it does, at least it still was grayed out & vacant when I logged on about an hour after patch

rStepper79
03-15-2019, 03:43 AM
I advanced the theater settlement while in a group and we started the castle missions now I am back solo in my game and cannot access Alain Kelso. The diamond shows where I am supposed to go but cannot interact

Kobra Kahn
03-15-2019, 04:42 AM
Hi Houck -

I found that this may be caused by incorrect pathing. The path when marked tells players to come into the settlement from the south when you cannot get in from there until you've unlocked the castle. The Northern entrance is accessible though the navigation arrow does not direct the player to this entrance.

Kobra Kahn
03-15-2019, 04:43 AM

There is an entrance at the north. Ignore the pathing - it takes you to a locked gate. You need to go through the entrance that is located at the northern part of the map.

NvertTorq
03-15-2019, 07:31 AM
I am currently Experiencing this same issue with the castle Being Grayed out and not being able to Progress that settlement, i got green icon to head to the castle and after getting there i went into the Cellar got the mission to clear out jeffereson plaza. i Completed jefferson plaza in a (Group) if that matters and after the mission i got no indication to go back and the castle was Grayed out and no Npc's around to interact with. i have since cleared out Southwest and East mall. i completed these on the 14th of March after the patch/ maintenance. Let me know if you need any more details to help resolve this issue.

juggernautRB32
03-15-2019, 07:50 AM
Same thing here can not go forward I have pic to show the glitch still there I have 40+ hours in so sum a fix soon please

MetalniRadnik
03-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Attaching a few images of the Kelso problem: :nonchalance:
UBI, please respond.
Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/sgWepPI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xqN24qC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qNvYDyA.jpg

Koochdog2007
03-15-2019, 02:49 PM
Yes it is still an issue. The castle settlement is grayed out and says to talk to the npc there and nothing is there. So the fix seems to have fix the issue for new players going into it, but what about the players that unlocked it early. My bug with Castle settlement did not stop me from getting Jefferson plaza to show up. It showed up for me was able to complete that mission. But the Castle settlement is grayed out and asking me to talk to someone that is not there. So progression is halted and I'm not about to make another character to do it all over again. Can we get a fix for this asap?

Koochdog2007
03-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Me and you have the same bug going on. I was able to get into the cellar talk to the NPC get Jefferson mission complete that also, and the castle is still grayed out, and asking me to talk to her again. Nothing is there right now so who do I talk to. The cellar door has nothing also. This needs to be fixed ASAP not just for new people getting there. What about the people that are there and having an issue.

atropine.dream
03-15-2019, 03:11 PM
I was running in a squad. my mates and I spoke to Kelso after the air and space museum mission. Following which the Jefferson mission opened up for us. We finished that too.

I noticed today that the castle settlement is grayed out for me. I don't have a prompt to speak to Kelso btw when I reach castle.

Is it normal to have castle grayed out?? I'm hearing people have castle in green and can fast travel to it. I can't.. So is this another bug??

RipVanWinkl3
03-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Me and you have the same bug going on. I was able to get into the cellar talk to the NPC get Jefferson mission complete that also, and the castle is still grayed out, and asking me to talk to her again. Nothing is there right now so who do I talk to. The cellar door has nothing also. This needs to be fixed ASAP not just for new people getting there. What about the people that are there and having an issue.

Same here, I sent them screenshots on twitter but havenít heard anything back from them.

TheSarcasticJew
03-15-2019, 05:44 PM
So do I have to re start the game? Castle is still grayed out and I canít interact with it at all.

Scope6666
03-15-2019, 06:06 PM
I have the same problem, I'm in the end game stages now but I've always wondered why the castle is grey with nobody inside it.

XRaiderV17
03-16-2019, 03:50 AM
castle settlement abandoned in game? possibly incomplete and thus never populated by npcs?

BuddaBeats
03-16-2019, 06:14 AM
Cannot progress due to this exact issue. And I didnít access till after the patch. I just need a fix so that I can keep working on my character

NewXweN
03-16-2019, 07:09 AM
Issue still persists

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AusiHxePktYWgTAmxKL5bVBxIyvI

TheGrey08
03-16-2019, 07:31 AM
Attaching a few images of the Kelso problem: :nonchalance:
UBI, please respond.
Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/sgWepPI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xqN24qC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qNvYDyA.jpg

Just a hunch, but I think this is related to the map objective bug as well (where your progression is not saved/kept after you leave someone else's map instance). I was in my friends instance when I went to Castle to first talk to Kelso. Then we did the Jefferson mission and he logged. Now in my own map instance, and I'm supposed to talk to her again, but I get the feeling it's telling me to do the first step of talking to her over again (the step that unlocks to mission for you) only it's bugged.

IE: when in my friends instance I progressed through beating the mission, but now that I'm back in my own map instance I didn't get credit for talking to her or doing the mission and now it's bugged.

DarthFett75
03-16-2019, 08:02 AM
Same for me. Cant talk to Kelso in the Castle as she is locked under the hatch in the ground.

N0b1ts
03-16-2019, 11:38 AM
Same here I fast traveled to castle after patch and talked to kelso, then nothing after scene. After normal game progression I get the castle mission but it wont give me cutscene again and wont trigger kelso, just mark her on the map as seen on all previous screenshots.

Ubi-Bandicoot
03-16-2019, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the reports guys, we are continuing to investigate this and we will give another update as soon as one is available

Rambo3699
03-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Im still having the same issue and i don't want to come off as needy but i feel us people with this issue should be compensated for lost time since once you do get it fixed we have less time to grind for gear to get world tier 5 ready then other people. Something similar happened in division one which also happened to me and we were compensated with key's and crafting mats.

EliteCupOfRosie
03-16-2019, 12:53 PM
I've the same Castle settlement issue, on World Tier 2. I got killed by a chasing NPC during the cutsceen for Castle, could hear him shooting at me, but couldn't do anything during the cutsceen. I also have the bug with skills not working correctly, they're greyed out on the main title screen menu.

Ubi-Bandicoot
03-16-2019, 01:32 PM
Have you guys attempted this after today's maintenance? https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2014714-The-Division-2-Patch-Notes-16-3

If anyone is still experiencing not being able to talk to Kelso, can they let me know? Thanks

Snakedoctor205
03-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Have you guys attempted this after today's maintenance? https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2014714-The-Division-2-Patch-Notes-16-3

If anyone is still experiencing not being able to talk to Kelso, can they let me know? Thanks

I am unable to unlock either the Campus or Castle Settlement. Castle Settlement is grayed our after completing Jefferson Plaza and Campus Settlement doesnít appear at all on my map

DON_ZURIGO
03-16-2019, 02:44 PM
Im in the Endgame now with Gearscore at 280. And Castle is still unlocked!(Grey, no Person there, no Missions, No Kelso, nothing) Fix this as soon as possible, please. Are we missing some stuff we can build or missions with that? I will not restart with this character, and i have the most expensive version, so i hope you can fix this very soon, cause this would be a massiv bug for all your customers! And by the way, this is all after your update who also bugged out the turrets!!!

cool714
03-16-2019, 03:34 PM
So the patch went live and my castle settlement is still greyed out (Xbox). I can speak with Kelso as many times as I want but no new main missions will appear as well as the next settlement wonít appear.

Please note when the castle settlement cutscene first appeared I was on my friends map who had progressed further then I did. I could see the next settlement after castle on his map but not my own

Ubi-Bandicoot
03-16-2019, 03:36 PM
Thanks for letting us know and apologies to everyone who is experiencing this.

We will continue to investigate this issue and we'll give an update when one is available.

Sorry again and we appreciate your patience.

BuddaBeats
03-16-2019, 04:42 PM
All you have to do is get to level 15-16 and proceed to the next open world area this will continue your progress. Because we did mission out of order we did not progress on the bar at the right moment.

I recommend doing control points if any available and if you must side missions. Hope this helps you guys.

DarthFett75
03-16-2019, 05:05 PM
I was able to talk to Kelso and progress. Thanks for the support and communication.

TheGrey08
03-16-2019, 05:10 PM
I was able to talk to Kelso and progress. Thanks for the support and communication.

Any detail on how you were able to resolve it?

TheGravy
03-16-2019, 05:25 PM
Thank you for looking into this and listening to feedback.

Previously, I was not able to talk to Kelso. Then today's patch rolled out, she gave me her mission, I completed it, and now the settlement is grey with no further progression. I am level 26 for reference.

Is this a bug or is this Castle settlement not something that progresses?

Thanks in advance

cool714
03-16-2019, 08:02 PM
All you have to do is get to level 15-16 and proceed to the next open world area this will continue your progress. Because we did mission out of order we did not progress on the bar at the right moment.

I recommend doing control points if any available and if you must side missions. Hope this helps you guys.

Thanks for the idea. Iím level 19, tried going into downtown west and consistory too all hall. Still no new settlement or new missions so this work around does not work for everyone. My game is REALLY broken lol

Also for those who the patch worked for. What did you do and did you have to redo any missions?

BuddaBeats
03-16-2019, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the idea. Iím level 19, tried going into downtown west and consistory too all hall. Still no new settlement or new missions so this work around does not work for everyone. My game is REALLY broken lol

Also for those who the patch worked for. What did you do and did you have to redo any missions?

This was for those like me who had no new missions on the map at lvl 14. Not intended to fix settlement issue just to allow progression .

TheGrey08
03-16-2019, 11:15 PM
So the patch went live and my castle settlement is still greyed out (Xbox). I can speak with Kelso as many times as I want but no new main missions will appear as well as the next settlement won’t appear.

Please note when the castle settlement cutscene first appeared I was on my friends map who had progressed further then I did. I could see the next settlement after castle on his map but not my own

Same for me on PC. I even tried talking to her and then rerunning the mission in the hopes it would trigger the next step, but no dice. It just lets me repeatedly talk to her over and over. A little frustrating.

cool714
03-17-2019, 04:26 AM
Sorry everyone for the confusion. So after you complete the mission for kelso all that happened is she said the survivors went to the campus settlement.

My issue was the campus settlement icon was not appearing on my map. However I found a picture on google, walked to where the campus settlement should be and boom everything opened up. I talked to the guy at the settlement and then all the new missions appeared. Again sorry for the confusion.

SHAMISoul
03-17-2019, 07:12 AM
I'm still facing this issue on Xbox One X, where I can get the cutscene and talk to Agent Kelso, but even after completing the mission required, going back there I still get the same cutscene and the icon on the map is just gray. This happened to me after joining a matching making with other players which seems that one of them has unlocked it. I tried logging in and out, closing the game, and deleting cache, none of which worked.

Dazza83
03-17-2019, 09:26 AM
My settlement is also grey. Though I did manage to talk to the npc and do the Jefferson mission.
After this My games tells me to meet Odessa sawyers. But when I go there I can not talk to her.

Joes0s
03-17-2019, 10:09 AM
I was one of those who did the Jefferson mission before speaking to Kelso. While I happened upon the Castle while exploring, I couldnít find Kelso and didnít know so was in the basement around the side. So I actually was able to start and complete that mission, and only then did I suspect something was wrong. I looked it up and I saw I should find Kelso in the basement. I did, was able to speak to her, it played the mortar attack cutscene with the seven survivors, and she told me to do the mission. When I was outside the hatch again, it gave me the option to speak to Kelso. I thought then it would recognize I had completed the mission, but instead it repeated the same scene, and continues to do so with the Castle icon greyed out. Thanks for looking into it, Ubi!

ScareCrow2497
03-17-2019, 01:58 PM
I have received a quest from Kelso, finished mission which she asked and now my Castle is still grey. I can fast travel there, but thatīs all. Even Kelso is still giving me the same mission again and again in cinematics, but I cannot finish it again.

Please fix

Reinholdenat0r
03-18-2019, 01:03 AM
The issue still persists for me and and two of my friends. Over and out.

HashZuh
03-18-2019, 01:14 AM
I talk with kelso and the scenes repeat again and again.

SKULLF1RE
03-18-2019, 02:49 AM
Hi there!

Thanks!

patch didn't work.

Reinholdenat0r
03-18-2019, 04:53 AM
Sorry everyone for the confusion. So after you complete the mission for kelso all that happened is she said the survivors went to the campus settlement.

My issue was the campus settlement icon was not appearing on my map. However I found a picture on google, walked to where the campus settlement should be and boom everything opened up. I talked to the guy at the settlement and then all the new missions appeared. Again sorry for the confusion.

I tried this - and it didn't work for me.

Reinholdenat0r
03-18-2019, 07:14 AM
patch didn't work.

Hi there!

Thanks!

When should players be able to open the settlement? When in the story does this take place...always after completing Jefferson?

ADM_dude
03-18-2019, 10:01 AM
I was one of those who did the Jefferson mission before speaking to Kelso. While I happened upon the Castle while exploring, I couldnít find Kelso and didnít know so was in the basement around the side. So I actually was able to start and complete that mission, and only then did I suspect something was wrong. I looked it up and I saw I should find Kelso in the basement. I did, was able to speak to her, it played the mortar attack cutscene with the seven survivors, and she told me to do the mission. When I was outside the hatch again, it gave me the option to speak to Kelso. I thought then it would recognize I had completed the mission, but instead it repeated the same scene, and continues to do so with the Castle icon greyed out. Thanks for looking into it, Ubi!

Hi all. Similar situation to this.
Completed the mission before unlocking castle and getting the mission from Kelso.

It's a little frustrating to have that constantly there, like a thorn in my side, from what I'm finding to be a good game so far :) Am hoping this wont stop me from endgame progression (currently lvl19)

Current situation is:
>Activity log shows "Theater Leader Outro" and "Go to Campus" both at 0m wherever I go and on my recommended activity list.
>Have tried redoing the cutscene and mission but still lists the above activites as not finished.
>Managed to find and unlock the Campus manually and can still play other missions thankfully.
>Will attempt to try and find someone who has not done that yet to join them to try and trigger it but i doubt it will work at this stage, given current tries.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

m4t42
03-18-2019, 01:57 PM
Same problem here.

I originally managed to get the gates of the castle to open by exploring an underground area, I've done the Jefferson mission back a while (pre fix) but the castle remained grey at that stage.

I'm now World Tier 2, the Castle is still greyed out, all I can do it repeatedly go into the underground bunker and talk to Kelso but not get any further.

Help !!

Vulpezzzzz
03-18-2019, 02:34 PM
Exactly the same as the above. This is very annoying as i have completed just about everything else and am LVL 30.. Just plays the seven survivors cut scene over and over and the settlement doesn't open.

crahar
03-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Same for me on PC. I even tried talking to her and then rerunning the mission in the hopes it would trigger the next step, but no dice. It just lets me repeatedly talk to her over and over. A little frustrating.
Same for me a well! Issue is not fixed. I unlocked the Castle Settlement while running with a friend, now I can talk to Kelso and I've rerun the mission she tells me to, I still cannot unlock the Castle Settlement on my map. I proceed to the next area and just hit level 30, Castle Settelment is still grey!

ArchonMytH
03-18-2019, 02:48 PM

The issue isnít that we canít talk to kelso. The issue also is not that the Jefferson mission isnít available. The issue is that after we do talk to kelso, and after we do the Jefferson mission, we come back to castle and itís greyed out with nothing to do. We go talk to kelso again with the hopes that itís a new cut scene, but itís that same first one again. This is not fixed and we cannot play your game

ExoGruntLife
03-18-2019, 03:26 PM
So the patch went live and my castle settlement is still greyed out (Xbox). I can speak with Kelso as many times as I want but no new main missions will appear as well as the next settlement wonít appear.

This is exactly how it is for me as of today.

Rabid-Ferret.7
03-18-2019, 04:00 PM
I'm having the same issue and then there are people saying it doesn't open up until level 30 all over the forums and reddit causing miscommunication.

Vulpezzzzz
03-18-2019, 04:31 PM
I had someone join my party in the middle of the mission Kelso gives you. That seems to be what has caused the bug for me. I am lvl 30, played 36 hours in three days and would REALLY like this problem to be solved, please.
Any update? If there are so many people that actually made it to these forums, imagine how many will have this bug...

Skunkw0rx
03-18-2019, 04:40 PM
Just here to say me too. Please sort this ASAP ubi.

BikerRider82
03-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Still bugged for me too ... replayed the mission several times and no progress. FIX IT

Tallsoldier
03-18-2019, 05:37 PM
+1. Same thing. Have spoken to Kelso and done the the Jefferson Plaza mission. But Castle still greyed out with no other activities... Also, I play solo and am doing main missions in order so problem has nothing to do with multiplayer.

HughBXbox360
03-18-2019, 07:23 PM
Itís blocked for me too. I got the initial cut scene that you get when entering a settlement for the first time but there was no sound on it and no NPCs. I found the Kelso cut scene, did the Jefferson Plaza quest, but the settlement is still greyed out and no NPCs. Furthermore I can still access the Kelso cut scene in the cellar even though Iíve now done her mission.

David107
03-18-2019, 08:59 PM
I have the same issue and it has been going on for days now. I am at lvl 27 and can't unlock the Castle.:mad:

Moses81uk
03-18-2019, 09:13 PM
I made the mistake of running through the Jefferson Plaza mission last night with a mate of mine and now my progress is completely hampered by this bug. Is there going to be any sort of fix for this or is it a case of starting a new character and losing 24hrs of gameplay so far

Moses81uk
03-18-2019, 09:30 PM
Exactly the same situation I'm in... Fed up as *#@£!

ender6600
03-18-2019, 10:27 PM
Same here, exactly this:I got the initial cut scene that you get when entering a settlement for the first time. I found the Kelso cut scene, did the Jefferson Plaza quest, but the settlement is still greyed out and no NPCs. Furthermore I can still access the Kelso cut scene in the cellar even though Iíve now done her mission.

Please fix!

Arlathan.
03-18-2019, 11:24 PM
After Kelso custscene to check Jefferson Plaza and "kill'em all" i did the mission. I have no marker on map showing me what next with this Settlement. Castle is grayed. When I walked there anyway, On the hatch i see "Press F to pay respects Talk to Kelso", when I do, I had the cutscene to "kill'em all". In my gameplay i focused on main missions + control points, no side missions yet. I am lvl 15. Screenshot if it helps:

https://i.imgur.com/oyCRZcO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1A3dsc2.jpg

Arlathan.
03-18-2019, 11:46 PM
On the other hand, people here might have good point. Settlement was destroyed, thus its grayed out. Main missions progress tells me its completed. Suggested next steps: Campus. I think it has sense, but devs could do something about it, as it generates a lot of confusion.

ADM_dude
03-19-2019, 07:08 AM
On the other hand, people here might have good point. Settlement was destroyed, thus its grayed out. Main missions progress tells me its completed. Suggested next steps: Campus. I think it has sense, but devs could do something about it, as it generates a lot of confusion.

After reading a few threads, I believe that the settlement is supposed to be greyed out since it was attacked and abandoned, as stated at the end of the Jefferson mission (7 survivors evacuated to the Theater). Therefore there would be no NPCs or associated missions to it.

In an update to my previous post:
>I cannot unlock the Barber now at the Campus as well.
>Attempting to join a friends world and partner through the Castle progression in an attempt to clear the bugged missions.

CamperGamerX
03-19-2019, 07:47 AM
Hi Ubi,
the problem is , I meanwhile in Tier 3 but in the castle are still no NPC or anything developed. I ask myself its a feature not a bug. Should the Castle be a settlement such as The Teater or just there to speak to that lady once ?

Guardsheep
03-19-2019, 10:18 AM
I completed Jefferson with a friend, as for now, Castle is still grey. I can enter the hatch and i will get the 7 survivors cutscene. Have completed Jefferson again, this did not fix the issue. Kelso still talks about the seven survivors. When will this be fixed? Not sure if the issue is disturbing the understanding of the storyline, but still have a feeling that the ones stocked in this loop, are missing out on story content.

Cesco1974Xbox
03-19-2019, 10:36 AM
Official statement on Reddit regarding the Castle Settlement:

"Castle Settlement will stay grayed out - there is no more content there. When you have finished the Jefferson Plaza Mission that progression is done"

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b2tizu/the_castle_settlement_still_greyed_out_after_patch/

Rabid-Ferret.7
03-20-2019, 01:01 AM
How the heck is that official, it's a subreddit moderator. They are not an official Ubisoft employee or tech who can definitively say.

UbiMorning
03-20-2019, 01:03 AM
Hello everyone! We have this FAQ on the Castle Settlement (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000042169).

Noomsi
03-20-2019, 02:53 AM
I understand it should stay grayed out, but when i click hatch to talk to kelso, it is the same loops of "7 survivors..."

So as far as further content she sends you to do, what is the next step in Main story mission?

MrFather2380
03-20-2019, 07:38 AM
It's still bugged for me. Same cut scene loop, recommend that i do "speaker thanks" thats 0m away no matter where I go on the map. Next available mission is lvl 25 im only lvl16 and i know theres a few missing missions inbetween the two

Neokaj
03-20-2019, 09:02 AM
The issue isnít that we canít talk to kelso. The issue also is not that the Jefferson mission isnít available. The issue is that after we do talk to kelso, and after we do the Jefferson mission, we come back to castle and itís greyed out with nothing to do. We go talk to kelso again with the hopes that itís a new cut scene, but itís that same first one again. This is not fixed and we cannot play your game

Exactly this happens to me

Kjottfarse
03-20-2019, 09:18 AM
that wasent alot of help, Ive already found her and done the misson, but the castle is still grey.

Cesco1974Xbox
03-20-2019, 09:43 AM
As the FAQ say, the Castle is meant to stay gray.

The first time you go there you meet Kelso and see the cut scene. You go and do the Jefferson Plaza mission as a form of retaliation against the people who bombed the Castle with chemicals. Nothing on the story-line tells you to go back to the Castle and speak to Kelso again. The Castle is not a settlement meant to be developed. The natural sequence of the story is to go to the Campus, where you still meet Kelso and and the people evacuated from the Castle.

That's how I interpreted the mission story-line and I found no inconsistencies at all. And my Castle IS grayed out.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any problem in all this. Currently I'm level 22 and just completed the liberation of the Campus zone. Tried to stick to the correct sequence of mission all the time and I've soloed everything so far, never match made with people that were at different points in the story.

Just my two cents.

john123452005
03-20-2019, 09:55 AM
i have the same problem with the castle bug both mission are done and i cant progress the story plessssssssss fix

john123452005
03-20-2019, 10:37 AM
i have the same problem i cant unlock castle both mission are done its still grey out i am on pc plezzzzzzzzzz fix

HAMMERSHNOZ
03-20-2019, 01:14 PM
I just did a Feedback forum on this settlement mission. I saw the cutscene and finished JP mission but Castle Settlement did not unlock. I played solo on xbox one x at approx 0445 cdt usa. 3/19/2019

OldCappy
03-20-2019, 07:30 PM
Ok, here's my issue. Got a recommended mission to talk to Kelso. I did so. castle turned grey (as it is supposed to). Got the cut scene but The Jefferson Plaza mission did NOT show up. Walked to where it should start and gate for the metro is locked. Also, walked to campus. They won't let me in. What conditions need to be met in order for Jefferson plaza to trigger? I still have two theater missions incomplete, space admin and Air & Space. If I finish those will JP appear and the campus, or is my only option now to start over with a new character? This is on Xbox FYI. I am able to reenter the castle and talk to Kelso as much as I want to. Get to see that cut scene each time. Is is worth doing the two missions and talking to Kelso again? Or should I cut my losses and start over now? Or just play what I can and hope for an patch that'll fix this issue?

Update: after completing Air & Space I was again told to talk to Kelso. This time it worked and both JP and Campus appeared on the map. (I was wrong above when I said Space Admin. that is a SHD mission.)

ICRUSHYOU14
03-21-2019, 01:22 AM
Hi there!

Thanks!

Its still an issue for me, i unlocked the settlement, talked to kelso, did other stuff than i played the mission for the settlement and yet its still grey on my map

Karleya_Stark
03-21-2019, 03:24 AM
I'm running into this issue as well on the PC. I received the quest for the Castle settlement as I progressed normally and the quest to go to Jefferson. It's a level 14 quest so I did the quest at level 14 today 3/20. The castle is still greyed out after I completed the Jefferson quest. If I go talk to the Agent downstairs, it keeps looping the same cutscene with no progression.

IonizedThrone
03-21-2019, 07:11 AM
I'm confused, are they supposed to resettle Castle?

Yxmord
03-21-2019, 08:20 PM
PC

Greyed out castle, can talk to kelso but its just the preamble for the jefferson plaza story mission, repeating the mission does nothing.
Same conversation, same grey castle icon...
tried again just now, came back to post.

PandragoQ
03-21-2019, 09:17 PM
Exact same issue as you...

webslinger67
03-21-2019, 11:14 PM
I just ran Jefferson Plaza mission at level 30 , because someone posted somewhere that try doing it above level 15.....talk to Kelso first, then ran mission, came back...grey Castle icon and same cutscene...

enough is enough.. this needs fixing as its now a broken game.... i loved it at first, but this halts me.

jonixc
03-22-2019, 06:15 AM
In the State of the Game stream it was mentioned that the Settlement should be grayed out. No problem there.

In my case I can talk to Kelso and get the cut scene. In fact after watching the cut scene the "talk to Kelso" is still enabled and so I have watched the cut scene multiple time already. However, after that there is no mission showing to be completed. I have already completed the Jefferson Plaza mission several times in Story and Normal difficulty just in case. I return to the Settlement and always get the same cut scene after talking with Kelso.

Right now I'm level 30 and 2 Strongholds already completed. So far the only mayor issue I have found is this one.

Loving the game so far even with this issue that I know will be solved soon.

caesars05
03-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Hi
Nobody have a solution for this problem?

thanks and regards!

Zewks
03-24-2019, 02:56 AM
Seems like there are 2 things going on here

1. A legit bug that was causing the castle story to happen sooner than it should have, causing the Campus and further missions from being unlocked (fixed now according to the patch notes)

2. (SPOILER) Players thinking that the Castle settlement is supposed to get people to resettle, and offer new quests and missions. This isnt supposed the happen. The settlement is dead, because of the attack on it. It stays grey even after doing the Jefferson mission.

If you have managed to move on in the story and unlock the Campus Settlement and missions in other zones, then the bug is fixed, and everything is working as intended.

jonixc
03-24-2019, 03:27 PM
It is normal to see the "talk to Kelso" in the bunker entrance and every time that lead you to the cut scene? just want to be sure if it is normal or something is suppose to happen that Im missing out.

Thanks

BoNe_MacHlNe
03-24-2019, 07:10 PM
It is March 24, and I still have the bug. Has the patch been released yet?

helios2791
03-25-2019, 11:42 PM
Still cant get in the castle...Hope there is a fix soon?

Ubi-Ginge
03-26-2019, 05:07 AM
This is something the game team are still looking in to at this time.

A workaround that some players are finding helps is to matchmake with another player who is at the exact same mission therefore completing the mission as a client in another player’s game.
I would also advise to make sure that you have completed all missions prior to the castle settlement becoming available.

dxhelios
03-27-2019, 04:10 PM
That is ok. See https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000042169

JacktheTack2000
03-27-2019, 11:11 PM
You are wrong. It is supposed to be settled. It is a definite bug. Others have progressed through it and the fact that the same cut scene leading up to the Jefferson mission keeps playing should make it obvious.

RegalHomie
03-28-2019, 06:05 AM
I can talk to Kelso who is still stuck down in the basement. The cutscene will play but Iím not directed to the mission. Maybe because Iíve already beat the mission? Nothing happened after I beat it the first time, and beating it again (which was insanely difficult playing solo this time for some reason), even after the patch, has not unlocked the Castle. Iíve been progressing with other side missions but how is this still happening?? I donít want to play that ridiculously difficult mission again!!! Just give me the Castle,Ubisoft!!, please???!!!

jpkarlsen2
03-29-2019, 11:16 PM
No, it is NOT supposed to be resettled. There was a bug with being able to access it too early and then not be able to progress. A prior patch solved this. However there still is a bug that if you return to the Castle to talk with Kelso after clearing the Plaza you will get the same cutscene instead of the correct one where she says that the survivors went to the Campus and you should do the same. For some the Campus doesn't appear on the map but if you Google it you can see where it should be. Others have reported that if you go to the location the story will progress. For those that entered the Castle too early because of the mentioned bug UBI has suggested teaming up with someone that has not done it yet and complete it that way. A future patch will hopefully solve the outstanding issues.

kodashepard1993
04-10-2019, 11:47 AM
I was told to go talk to Kelso at The Castle. When I arrived I found her in the hatch and the cutscene commenced where she told me to clear out Jefferson Plaza. I proceeded to Jefferson Plaza, completed the mission, and now nothing else is happening. The Castle is greyed out but gives me the option to Fast Travel to it, however, when I click Fast Travel it loads for 5 seconds then the map disappears and I'm in the same place I was. If I manually travel to The Castle there are no NPCs and I have no option to talk to Kelso again. I've replayed the mission thrice now trying to work around it, to no avail. Please help so I can continue!

DrRainbowRub
04-11-2019, 08:52 PM
wait. so is the Castle supposed to be derelict? and just a dirty tease? or can you actually build it up and make it a true settlement? because its not clear, especially after reading the discussion here. I have done the Jefferson Plaza twice now, and still Castle is grayed out and cannot fast travel... is that what is supposed to happen? if so its not very clear what is to be done with it... At least have Kelso say "castle settlement has too much asbestos now, we cant settle it" so its clear its just a random structure in the game now. Which would be kind of disappointing, because building up settlements is a fun aspect of the game :)

ndrwb
04-12-2019, 06:47 AM
The castle is not a buildable settlement. One of ubisofts moderators posted a link to the official info on the castle Settlement on page 9 of this thread.

Derekmolineux
04-17-2019, 09:41 PM
Hey! This is post update.

So Iíve replayed the Jefferson plaza mission on both story and normal mode to (just Incase). I still cannot ďactivateĒ the castle settlement.

Before patch I spoke to the person behind the hatch but nothing happened and now I canít get it to happen again. (Not sure if itís supposed to) but either I canít access the castles storyline. Iím currently on the campus (the next settlement) and working it properly.

Any clue when or how to get the castle to operate?

Canít upload pictures through my phone sorry.

Prncmodred
05-08-2019, 05:40 AM
If this is not intended to be a settlement, then that needs to made clear in and out of game. Mark it as something else. You would think you guys would have realized this by now and wouldn't be jerking us along like this.

Ubi-Mark.
05-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Hey! This is post update.

So I’ve replayed the Jefferson plaza mission on both story and normal mode to (just Incase). I still cannot “activate” the castle settlement.

Before patch I spoke to the person behind the hatch but nothing happened and now I can’t get it to happen again. (Not sure if it’s supposed to) but either I can’t access the castles storyline. I’m currently on the campus (the next settlement) and working it properly.

Any clue when or how to get the castle to operate?

Can’t upload pictures through my phone sorry.

Hello Derekmolineux, welcome to the forums!

You won't be able to operate this Settlement, as it's the part of the Story (no spoilers!). It will show on the map, but it should be greyed out.

Jedi6185
05-15-2019, 11:44 PM
I have completed every side mission available and main mission. Am level 30. But the castle settlement is still grey. My progression still shows I have 10 side mission left too but I see none on my map. Whatís the deal with this castle settlement?!

flammey
05-16-2019, 01:52 AM
I have completed every side mission available and main mission. Am level 30. But the castle settlement is still grey. My progression still shows I have 10 side mission left too but I see none on my map. What’s the deal with this castle settlement?!

The Castle is supposed to be grey. It's no longer a settlement. At least, not right now. Story-wise, it was bombed by True Sons, for failure to pay tribute(?), with DC-62, which is super toxic. It's not a settlement. The only settlements are The Campus, and The Theater, and The White-house. It even shows your progress at them all, in front of The White-house entrance.

UbiMorning
05-17-2019, 08:46 PM
Hey guys! We have this FAQ on the Castle Settlement being greyed out (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000042169). Thanks!