PDA

View Full Version : Lore

rodrigo20121
03-12-2019, 06:42 PM
Assassin's Creed needs some One to keep the franchise pode in check
Here is a petition
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-assassin-s-creed-needs-a-lore-master-like-marvel-and-star-wars
If ur with me sign, and make your voice reach ubisoft

DA SHIZZLE IG
03-12-2019, 11:48 PM
signed!

NO MORE RPG SUPER POWER DEMI GOD ADVENTURES!!!!!! I WANT AN ACTION ADVENTURE ASSASSINS CREED GAME WITH BIG UPGRADES/IMPROVEMENTS TO WHAT WE ALREADY HAD. We love the ac formula, it only got stale because they barley did anything with it from game to game. Origins was a step in the right direction. All we wanted was them to apply the basics to the new direction but also improve on them. Not change pretty much everything to a point where we barley recognize our beloved series anymore.

N7Eisbaer
03-12-2019, 11:52 PM
Sadly the lore has become such a convoluted mess by now that unravelling it would be a full time job, a position that no company would be willing to spring for.

Fixing does not work retroactively either.

DA SHIZZLE IG
03-12-2019, 11:53 PM
A place all of us original core fans can go to without being banned, silenced, threads sunk, or threads being placed in huge threads that have nothing to do with the original thread. All because we don't have positive feed back for this game smh.

N7Eisbaer
03-12-2019, 11:55 PM
A place all of us original core fans can go to without being banned, silenced, threads sunk, or threads being placed in huge threads that have nothing to do with the original thread. All because we don't have positive feed back for this game smh.

What are you talking about, the game itself is considered to be at least very good, if not excellent. The DLC is were the problems lie for most people.

UbiCosmos
03-13-2019, 12:12 AM
Hey there rodrigo20121,

We appreciate your enthusiasm for the series! I am going to move this to the General AC forum, since this is more about the series in general instead of Odyssey specifically.

DA SHIZZLE IG
03-13-2019, 02:58 AM
What are you talking about, the game itself is considered to be at least very good, if not excellent. The DLC is were the problems lie for most people.

I'm speaking purely on it not being a AC game. The DLC made things even worse and destroyed the mysterious Darius that we been waiting on since AC2. They put the man, the myth, the legend in A "DLC", playing as a plot device for some spartan warrior demi gods with super powers.

You think the problems only lie in the DLC......? How did you miss all the retcons, contradictions, and plot holes that odyssey created in order to make this cringy RPG spartan game. With super powers that tried to be like the witcher instead of assassins creed?
1. Choice and multiple endings.
(This killed everything the series is about lol. This is the top lore breaker right here!)

2. We just had an origins story, what was the point of this game?
(It didn't tell us anything nor did it move the story forward. It just retconned some things and forced a new story in lol. I guess this is a forced reboot.)

3. So there's two characters, who lived the exact same life, who's life is being viewed through ancient contaminated blood, that you can now control their time line?
(Make sense out of this please)

4. Adam and eve gained eagle vision and enhanced reflexes from a freak accident while being experimented on by juno. Juno was doing an experiment on these two human slaves to try and find out a way to fix the isu reproduction problem. Because isu were dying out and she noticed humans were reproducing like crazy. Eagle vision made them break free of the apple of eden's control and they went on to free humanity. Then they started a war against the isu. Then the isu got wiped out by a solar flair and half the human population survived. Desmond is a direct descendant of adam and eve's blood lines.
(Where did these super powers come from and where did this secret isu/human hybrid race who protects isu tech come from? Adam and eve weren't demi gods who had super powers. So the spartan twins are related to desmond now.....? Aya and bayek is desmonds ancestors?)

5. This whole new narrative about demi god half blooded isu/humans still doesn't work. The whole "high concentration" excuse is beyond stupid. Because the whole adam and eve thing happened thousands of years before greece was even created yet. Also egypt is thousands of years older than greece and was there before greece was greece yet. So the spartan twins blood would be super diluted.

6. The order of the ancients started in egypt. They formed from brainwashed humans who believed that humans having free will was chaos, not order. They believed we were better off under the control of the isu basically. This game is suggesting that this all started with the spartan twins lol. Also, egypt was the isu's home base, not greece.

This new story, the choices, and the spartan twins don't fit into the lore at all no matter how you try to spin it. It will only continue to create a butterfly effect. That's what happened to the DLC, the DLC is bad because of odyssey. Cause and effect, if choice was never introduced and the spartan demi god twins never existed. Or they made a game about Darius and made DLC about the spartan twins(with no super powers). Then it would have made sense. Something tells me that it was supposed to be like that at first. But then they scrapped the idea and made their spartan warrior RPG instead and pushed OG darius to DLC status. Everything seems out of place. Placing such an iconic assassin in a DLC only to play as a plot device for irrelevant just made up characters. Is straight up blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!! No real AC fan would rather have this game over a game about Darius that's set in ancient persia/greece. The DLC actually followed the rules of only viewing a dead persons life. This is what made the new fans mad about the DL, Because ODYSSEY introduced "choice" into the series and the DLC stayed within the lore taking this away. The DLC retconned the retcon lol. Those fans can care less about acual AC lore.

DA SHIZZLE IG
03-13-2019, 03:03 AM
Hey there rodrigo20121,

We appreciate your enthusiasm for the series! I am going to move this to the General AC forum, since this is more about the series in general instead of Odyssey specifically.

LOL here we go again, Odyssey caused this petition. I think it was right where it needed to be. This is a odyssey problem, no other game destroyed the lore/story like this one. Ubisoft is soooo happy with their new RPG with super powers and no assassins or templars. That they want to do this even more in the future no matter how many of their OG fan base(who made this game even possible) disagree with the direction. This game broke the series.

N7Eisbaer
03-14-2019, 03:33 AM
I'm speaking purely on it not being a AC game. The DLC made things even worse and destroyed the mysterious Darius that we been waiting on since AC2. They put the man, the myth, the legend in A "DLC", playing as a plot device for some spartan warrior demi gods with super powers.

You think the problems only lie in the DLC......? How did you miss all the retcons, contradictions, and plot holes that odyssey created in order to make this cringy RPG spartan game. With super powers that tried to be like the witcher instead of assassins creed?
1. Choice and multiple endings.
(This killed everything the series is about lol. This is the top lore breaker right here!)

2. We just had an origins story, what was the point of this game?
(It didn't tell us anything nor did it move the story forward. It just retconned some things and forced a new story in lol. I guess this is a forced reboot.)

3. So there's two characters, who lived the exact same life, who's life is being viewed through ancient contaminated blood, that you can now control their time line?
(Make sense out of this please)

4. Adam and eve gained eagle vision and enhanced reflexes from a freak accident while being experimented on by juno. Juno was doing an experiment on these two human slaves to try and find out a way to fix the isu reproduction problem. Because isu were dying out and she noticed humans were reproducing like crazy. Eagle vision made them break free of the apple of eden's control and they went on to free humanity. Then they started a war against the isu. Then the isu got wiped out by a solar flair and half the human population survived. Desmond is a direct descendant of adam and eve's blood lines.
(Where did these super powers come from and where did this secret isu/human hybrid race who protects isu tech come from? Adam and eve weren't demi gods who had super powers. So the spartan twins are related to desmond now.....? Aya and bayek is desmonds ancestors?)

5. This whole new narrative about demi god half blooded isu/humans still doesn't work. The whole "high concentration" excuse is beyond stupid. Because the whole adam and eve thing happened thousands of years before greece was even created yet. Also egypt is thousands of years older than greece and was there before greece was greece yet. So the spartan twins blood would be super diluted.

6. The order of the ancients started in egypt. They formed from brainwashed humans who believed that humans having free will was chaos, not order. They believed we were better off under the control of the isu basically. This game is suggesting that this all started with the spartan twins lol. Also, egypt was the isu's home base, not greece.

This new story, the choices, and the spartan twins don't fit into the lore at all no matter how you try to spin it. It will only continue to create a butterfly effect. That's what happened to the DLC, the DLC is bad because of odyssey. Cause and effect, if choice was never introduced and the spartan demi god twins never existed. Or they made a game about Darius and made DLC about the spartan twins(with no super powers). Then it would have made sense. Something tells me that it was supposed to be like that at first. But then they scrapped the idea and made their spartan warrior RPG instead and pushed OG darius to DLC status. Everything seems out of place. Placing such an iconic assassin in a DLC only to play as a plot device for irrelevant just made up characters. Is straight up blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!! No real AC fan would rather have this game over a game about Darius that's set in ancient persia/greece. The DLC actually followed the rules of only viewing a dead persons life. This is what made the new fans mad about the DL, Because ODYSSEY introduced "choice" into the series and the DLC stayed within the lore taking this away. The DLC retconned the retcon lol. Those fans can care less about acual AC lore.

AH sorry, I understand your concerns a bit better now.
I interpreted it as a general lack of positive feedback for the game.
I do remember someone admitting to the fact that even the teams working on the AC series rely on the fan-maintained wikia site.
That just tells me that the overall lore is such a convoluted mess by now (apparently Juno is officially dead) so it would be rather unlikely that anybody could fix these things you mentioned without doing a hard reboot.

Every single one of the Assassins in the safe room below Monteriggioni could have their own proper story.

Locopells
03-14-2019, 09:24 AM
There is explanations for a lot of the apparent contradictions in the Lore (which is not to say there aren't holes, of course), but it wouldn't hurt to make some of them clearer...

DA SHIZZLE IG
03-15-2019, 06:16 AM
AH sorry, I understand your concerns a bit better now.
I interpreted it as a general lack of positive feedback for the game.
I do remember someone admitting to the fact that even the teams working on the AC series rely on the fan-maintained wikia site.
That just tells me that the overall lore is such a convoluted mess by now (apparently Juno is officially dead) so it would be rather unlikely that anybody could fix these things you mentioned without doing a hard reboot.

Every single one of the Assassins in the safe room below Monteriggioni could have their own proper story.
Yep, they actually admitted this like almost two months ago. I wish I could find the youtube video where they said this. They also said they never played that many AC games before. The guy said he played half of AC4 but never finished it lol.The girl said she played some of AC3 and origins. These are the people that they put in charge of the AC IP.........FOR A SECOND TIME!

There is explanations for a lot of the apparent contradictions in the Lore (which is not to say there aren't holes, of course), but it wouldn't hurt to make some of them clearer...
Come on now bruh..........You're one of the none compromised mods on here. They do have explanations, stupid retconned ones lol. Remember the heads of the Odyssey team did a Q&A? Their explanations were trash and they knew it. They were cracking smiles and looking all over the place when they were giving their answers.

Look at their "explanations"
Question: So there's two people's memories we are looking at through the animus who live the same life no matter who we pick. Pluse there's multiple ending how's that possible?
Answer: Kasandra is the actual main character.
Question: So wait a minute, if this is true then where did alexios come from and why is he on the cover and all over the marketing? Also what ending is the canon ending for kasandra?
Answer: well if you want the canon ending for kasandra, it's in a comic book. You just have to make the right choices to obtain it....
Question: so what about alexios..........
Answer: See what had happened was......So ummm...........how bout dem raiders....?

Question: So in a game like assassins creed, having choices makes no sense and is breaking the lore and everything this series is about. Explain this please/
Answer: Well.....you see.....the D.N.A is so old that it's fragmented. Leaving room to fill in the blanks.
Question: WTF...? But how was desmond able to see clearly all the way back to adam and eve breaking free of the isu mind control with the regular ol animus?
Answer: ........ummmm......Layla's animus is special!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: So why is there a female spartan warrior? There were no female spartan warriors
Answer: .......She's not a spartan warrior.........she's a mercenary!!!!!
Question: But she is dressed just like a spartan warrior, also noboy would have taken a female mercenary serious in those times
Answer:.......ummm..... how bout them warriors....another championship this year!!!!

Locopells
03-15-2019, 07:05 PM
Basically it comes down to:

1) Kassandra is the cannon character, but they threw in the interchangeability to widen appeal. Ignore the Alexois option and assume you'd be seeing a different story, if you picked him. It ain't pretty, but it's the best I got on that...

2) Firstly, a fresh sample in a living human being is gonna be more stable than one that's been underground for thousands of years. Secondly, what you're actually seeing with Adam and Eve, is S16/Clay's recording of his session - and that came with a cost...

3) Artistic licence. There were no Assassins or Templars either, but within the AC universe...

DA SHIZZLE IG
03-16-2019, 10:38 AM

1) Kassandra is the cannon character, but they threw in the interchangeability to widen appeal. Ignore the Alexois option and assume you'd be seeing a different story, if you picked him. It ain't pretty, but it's the best I got on that...

2) Firstly, a fresh sample in a living human being is gonna be more stable than one that's been underground for thousands of years. Secondly, what you're actually seeing with Adam and Eve, is S16/Clay's recording of his session - and that came with a cost...

3) Artistic licence. There were no Assassins or Templars either, but within the AC universe...
LOL you make more sense than the actual creators of the game! That should tell you something right there, and you're barley making any sense smh. They ruined it soooo much that you had to dig deep and struggle just to put that together. To fix the major damage odyssey has created. The next game has to make Odyssey a glitch in the animus or something.

1. Wanting to cash in on a trend. Going the RPG route was a thing not too long ago with other games, and it made people mad. Haven't seen this in a while till odyssey. The witcher 3 clearly lit a fire under the suits at ubisoft to go out and chase CDprojekt red's success and praise. Problem is that they sacrificed our beloved AC to do so. Ubisoft went from leaders to followers. They even copied several popular side quest and a DLC secret boss fight from the witcher 3!(but they are nowhere near as epic). They even kinda copied the witcher's epic battle music for the main theme music of Odyssey. The characters are even have a cringy copy Garelt's personality.

2. Forcefully adding in a made up lame generic story that no real AC fan cares about. Adding in "powers"/characters that don't fit into AC universe. All to forcefully make AC play like a traditional action RPG

Locopells
03-16-2019, 08:04 PM
I think about this sh*t waaaaay to much, heh!