PDA

View Full Version : Character speculation

The_B0G_
03-12-2019, 11:44 AM
What do you guys think will be coming in terms of dlc characters? Since the developers pick a weapon first and then design the character, I'm sure we can narrow this down a little!

I've been trying to think of a Viking hero and I can only think of one that they don't have yet in terms of weapons. That would be the sword dane a.k.a lord of war, I know we already have warlord, but this hero doesn't use a shield and has a longer sword than Warlord. It may be based on Ulfberht style sword, not sure. I got this idea from the TV show The Last Kingdom, a viking named Skorpa.

Spoiler alert for those that want to watch this show!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=as7x0SybpFc&t=354s

He's the Viking on the white horse, I tried to find a clip from earlier in the season where you get a better look at him but couldn't find one.

I'm not too familiar with any of Samurai or Wu Lin weapons so I can't really speak for what they might be coming out with.

What do you guys think may be coming?

bannex19
03-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Idk about the viking or the samurai characters but I do know that the Wulin character will be dancing and spinning around the battlefield like a figure skater while my warlord gently weeps.

The_B0G_
03-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Lol true enough, I bought marching fire and I still haven't gotten 1 Wu Lin character to rep 1 and I have them all unlocked. I personally don't like the play style or look of them.

Sweaty_Sock
03-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Vikings will probably get a hammer... either some bearded thor knockoff who punches and swings a hammer or better yet I'm thinking a tank valkayrie for the vikings called von hilda, uses a hammer & is a reskinned shugo :)

Wu Lin mayl get a shield - may be a cliche kung fu knockoff - or they may even make a Mongol with a shield for a more brutal style of wu lin (to break the cliche dancing masters)

Japanese i'm thinking will get either a naganata (essentially katana on a stick) or a yari (long spear) depending which fighting style they push nobushi into (with her slashes and historical inspiration being onabushi(spelling?) i'd think she'll go naganata & the new one will have a spear..) or they'll go all out & make nobushi a yari and bring out a samurai armoured chick with an exaggerated naganata chorter and more side fighting than nobushi

TBH I just want a winged hussar :( Oh wait... you could totally make a winged hussar armour set for a mongol :)

Tyrjo
03-13-2019, 08:33 PM
I'm still hoping that the Viking hero is going to be a Jötunn. That'd be epic.