PDA

View Full Version : Frame Rate Issues

SigmaTheDJ
03-12-2019, 03:05 AM
I have the Gold edition of the game, so I've been able to play earlier. Performance was OK until I got to the first main mission - the hotel one. Then the framerate started to chug, with intermittent freezes and all round horrible performance throughout the mission.

Here's a short 30 second video example: -

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sigmathedj/video/70997182

It gets really bad when I run round to the right in the last 10-15 seconds.

The game is borderline unplayable like this.

Anyone else having these problems?

GALAXYsGOON818
03-12-2019, 04:16 AM
playing div 2 I have nothing new in my apparel I look everywhere there but it still says I have something and playing with a friend I have so much frame rate lag it shocking please fix it ubi this look like it a game that will go somewhere with good wook put into it

Sparhawk122
03-12-2019, 04:19 AM
playing div 2 I have nothing new in my apparel I look everywhere there but it still says I have something and playing with a friend I have so much frame rate lag it shocking please fix it ubi this look like it a game that will go somewhere with good wook put into it

What are your computer specs?

GALAXYsGOON818
03-12-2019, 04:22 AM
xbox one s

Sparhawk122
03-12-2019, 04:25 AM
xbox one s

The lag will be due to a capped framerate of 30 with numerous dips below 30 FPS in intensive areas and scenarios. My advice to you is to upgrade to a Xbox One X.

KrazieFox
03-12-2019, 04:37 AM
PS4 - some serious frame rate drops too.

Sparhawk122
03-12-2019, 04:43 AM
PS4 - some serious frame rate drops too.

Not the PS4 Pro?

Ubi-Town
03-12-2019, 06:00 AM
Hey Sigma, thanks a lot for the video and reporting this, I'll pass it onto the game team to investigate. Was it just this mission that this was happening or have you been getting this throughout your play-through so far?

Yeti_417
03-12-2019, 07:01 AM
Getting major frame rate drops in the first theatre mission. Happening out of combat just moving through the level mostly. Iím on an Xbox one X.

sharshar13
03-12-2019, 07:09 AM
Getting major frame rate drops in the first theatre mission. Happening out of combat just moving through the level mostly. Iím on an Xbox one X.

Same at ps4 , a lot of drop frame in even empty and out of combat areas
Also the appearl is bugged as there is sometging needs to be claimed , very annoying

dfcDELTA
03-12-2019, 07:17 AM
I also had similar issues. Frame rate drops and what seemed to be lag occasionally from start of game. Once I hit the same mission as OP it was real bad.

Playing on XBX1X
Gold Edition disc.

Yeti_417
03-12-2019, 08:20 AM
I also experienced this starting around that mission. Itís been a constant problem since. Itís worse in missions than in free roam but still happens. Playing on xbox one x.

AsssyMcgeee
03-12-2019, 11:46 AM
I am having the same problems on the original Xbox One. Stuttering and framerate drops that make it unplayable at times.

Steamro11r
03-12-2019, 12:10 PM
It mostly seems to happen indoors but sometimes you just lag out for a second

GALAXYsGOON818
03-12-2019, 12:20 PM
this game looks and feels so good but the drops in frames rate put me off

GhStRdR2k
03-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Also had this issue in the first mission. Framerate was really bad. Also have a lot of issues in free roam with big drops in framerate

OillyRag
03-12-2019, 12:36 PM
apparently a quick fix is to log out of the game and back in again.

there is talk it may be a memory leak.

r4zorgrass
03-12-2019, 12:54 PM
I was getting bad frame rate issues, so quit the game to actually fix the HDR issue and it seems to of fixed the frame rate issue also. No drops on first mission at all.

GALAXYsGOON818
03-12-2019, 12:57 PM
we all know ubi won't do anything but to let you know frame is super bad in this game don't res as if u hit a checkpoint you suck in the way and forced to kill yourself ubi is only want money money money never about the fans they say they care i smell a bad smell of poop

xbox one s so bad even a future devices won't be able to handle it fix it ubi this bug has be in beta and nothing be fixed

Ubi-Lucipus
03-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Moved this over to the correct sub forum :)

GALAXYsGOON818
03-12-2019, 01:03 PM
fix your game money grabbers

Ubi-Keo
03-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Hi guys,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing frame rate issues in The Division 2. Could you please try the relevant troubleshooting steps below then try again:

Xbox One

. Power Cycle your console (https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console)
. Connectivity Troubleshooting (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000038828/Connectivity-issues-in-The-Division-2-on-Xbox-One-TCTD2/)

PS4

. Rebuild your PS4 database (https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Safe-Mode-PS4/)
. Connectivity Troubleshooting (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000038827/Connectivity-issues-in-The-Division-2-on-PS4-TCTD2/)

Please confirm if these steps help in anyway or if the issue continues to persist.

SigmaTheDJ
03-12-2019, 05:05 PM
@Ubi-Town, it seems it can happen with any mission.

What I've found helps sometimes is to close the game and restart it, however, the issue can come back at any point, causing you to have to restart it again.

On Reddit, many people are saying that just logging out and logging back in fixes it, without you having to actually restart the game, which obviously points to it being a server issue. Hopefully you guys can get to the bottom of this quickly.

UbiMorning
03-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the info SigmaTheDJ! We appreciate that information. For connection related lagging issues, we recommend the steps Ubi-Keo provided above.

SigmaTheDJ
03-12-2019, 07:04 PM
I appreciate the response, but it's clearly not down to a local issue with my settings or equipment. I have no issues with any other games, including the first Division. This is an issue with the game itself, or with its online servers.

Beauyaknow
03-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Hello Ubisoft forums!

I played your game all night long and i kept getting the same drop in frames. The drop only occurred when I would do main story missions that were inside. I just purchased this gaming console a few weeks ago.I have hard reset my device and i have made sure i have a stable internet connection. I would hope that such an amazing team would have told your consumers that the game would only be playable on an Xbox one X or PC. The crazy thing is that the official release is on the 15th and no one is talking about this problem.

I would love just some type of reassurance that the sequel to my favorite game is going to be functional on at least the Xbox one S.

All in all I would like to thank you for the wonderful game, but the frames man the frames...

Thank you for your time,

Beauyaknow

mar1u5
03-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Xbox one x here, and I'm having the same problem. After the tutorial mission, when I got to DC, I left my xbox to get dinner and when I came back ans started playing the game was lagging like crazy. When I managed to leave the mission area infront of the white house and got loaded back into the game, the issue was gone.

Then I spent some time in the white house, bought some clothes, checked rewards etc, and the game was lagging like crazy again when I was leaving the white house. Logged out and in again, and it's fine again.

ubi--unicorn
03-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys, this has been reported. If you have any information, such as where it occurs the most, or videos let me know! Also, let me know if you have the game installed on an external drive.

mar1u5
03-12-2019, 10:11 PM
Played the game now for over an hour and had zero issues. Went back to the white house and left my agent just standing there for 15 minutes and tried to go back into the city and everything seemed fine. Tried leaving my agent in the apparel/clothes store for 15 minutes and then went back into the city, and again everything again seemed fine. So right now it looks like I don't have any issues.

Would have tried these things for longer, but right now I have to think about work tomorrow and regretfully put the game down for the day. Super fun and addictive game, and it feels like a real upgrade from TD1 so far.

(and game installed on internal xbox one x drive)

SigmaTheDJ
03-13-2019, 12:52 AM
There's a bunch of people reporting this on Reddit. There's a couple of threads here about it, including people posting videos and stuff: -

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b01u7e/holy_frame_drops_batman/
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b03xns/frame_rate_issue_division_2_console/

It seems it can happen pretty much anywhere and logging out/in is a temporary fix that works for most people.

As for me, I have the game installed on a 2TB Samsung 860 Evo that's fitted inside my Xbox One X.

TCs_LCD_Dave
03-13-2019, 02:25 AM
Xbox One X. Missions are almost unplayable. General roaming is a lot less noticeable.

By_Dazed
03-13-2019, 12:12 PM
The lag will be due to a capped framerate of 30 with numerous dips below 30 FPS in intensive areas and scenarios. My advice to you is to upgrade to a Xbox One X.

Xbox One X - serious lag issues. Makes the game unplayable.

UbiMorning
03-13-2019, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the report! This stuttering may be related to a connection issue, so we recommend these XB1 steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000038828).