PDA

View Full Version : Normal PS4 small freezes/skips

NamedGav
03-10-2019, 08:48 AM
as you can see in a video like this (not my video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBt-D9nKa98&t=0s its very hard to just play through

NamedGav
03-10-2019, 09:00 AM
not only on track central like the video though also in particular i know it has happened to me on lynx world

Tigerriot
03-10-2019, 03:37 PM
This can happen on any track. Itís my biggest complaint with the game right now.

attackslug
03-10-2019, 07:44 PM
I've been loading a track, disconnecting my PS4 from the internet, and then reconnecting right before the finish line.

That's the only way I've seen it run smooth on a PS4 Pro

The game checks the server every 30-40 seconds, bad design.

Ubi-Raziel
03-20-2019, 10:45 AM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the video, I will make sure to report that players are experiencing this issue on the PS4 platform.

Can everyone please confirm whether you're using a PS4 or PS4 Pro?

TheGreenSoldier
03-27-2019, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the video, I will make sure to report that players are experiencing this issue on the PS4 platform.

Can everyone please confirm whether you're using a PS4 or PS4 Pro?

Iím using the PS4 and I have this issue on most tracks, itís just as bad playing multiplayer as well.

Esememon
05-14-2019, 07:00 PM
I have a PS4 Pro and this is consistent / common. It is guaranteed to hitch whenever a different UI is about to pop up, like the leaderboards or the results screen, or even just crashing on a skill game (which is treated as "end of the track" would be in normal tracks). I have video that I can't upload right now, but it is very easy to reproduce if you are connected to the internet.

calculusman1084
05-14-2019, 07:03 PM
On ps4 Pro, snd this is an every track issue for me.

UbiMorning
05-23-2019, 07:34 PM
Hey guys! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps at this point?

calculusman1084
05-23-2019, 08:36 PM
Yes, ive tried all. Rebuilding Database, Clearing Cache, etc. Ive even boosted my internet DL/UL speed, and that still didnt help. Tracks like Highland Fling, Lights Camera Action and Hard Hat Zone, are jumpy and laggy as can be. And that goes for all career, MP and TC tracks.

UbiMorning
05-24-2019, 08:45 PM
@calculusman1084 Do you have the game on an internal or external HDD?

calculusman1084
05-25-2019, 02:43 AM
All game data is internal.

Tigerriot
05-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Hey guys! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps at this point?

I tried all of them two months ago. It made absolutely no difference.

It's very disappointing to see this issue being listed as "investigating" on the latest known issues list. It's been a problem since the launch of the game more than two months ago. Surely the team knows this issue is real and sees it on their own consoles inside the office. It's not some isolated thing. Everyone on a PS4/PS4 Pro, and Xbox One sees this issue regularly.

I have played the game on my PS4 Pro and my Xbox One X. Both consoles exhibit the issue, further proof this isn't some isolated thing to a few problematic consoles. The Xbox One X runs the game much smoother than the PS4 Pro, but still has occasional half second freezes. There is also a momentary hitch every single time you pass the finish line on almost every event.

To the Ubisoft support teams. Please stop wasting people's time asking them to run through troubleshooting steps as we've seen no indications they do anything to help anyone who tried them. It's clearly established at this point the game just isn't as well optimized as it should be.