PDA

View Full Version : how long will For Honor be active?

ROMULUS__SWORD
03-10-2019, 07:56 AM
Just started playing and the game is 3 years old. Was wanting to ask how long would Ubisoft support the game? I would hate to get into it and the servers shutdown.

Tyrjo
03-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Nobody knows. but I wouldn't worry though. The game is two years old btw.

Mia.Nora
03-10-2019, 09:50 AM
it definitely has at least another year. (season pass already sold for this year)

Real_Doll
03-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Just started playing and the game is 3 years old. Was wanting to ask how long would Ubisoft support the game? I would hate to get into it and the servers shutdown.

unless the devs pull off something spectacular and address most of the balance issues in the game soon it won't last long. player base is on a steady decline. iirc beta had 70k+ players after launch was around 30k+ now it's around 7k players (average peak figures)
source: https://www.githyp.com/for-honor-117356/?tab=player-count

devs need to start making some aggressive changes to the roster to balance it out, not everyone's going to be happy but hey, in the end it will be an even playing field and the game will be able to draw in and retain new and returning players.

THE_MAD_KlNG
03-10-2019, 01:17 PM
unless the devs pull off something spectacular and address most of the balance issues in the game soon it won't last long. player base is on a steady decline. iirc beta had 70k+ players after launch was around 30k+ now it's around 7k players (average peak figures)

devs need to start making some aggressive changes to the roster to balance it out, not everyone's going to be happy but hey, in the end it will be an even playing field and the game will be able to draw in and retain new and returning players.

Dont listen to this guy. They games idnt going anywhere. Everyone says it wont last long and they all have been proven wrong. People just love to say its going to die in like a week. The game state is doing better than it has in a long time. Sure there is some balance that needs to be addressed but all in all it's not too bad. You have at least to the end of the year because the seasons pass is already out.

Sweaty_Sock
03-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Haha apparently its been dead for two years if you believe the flaming folks.

Bottom line it will last as long as its played, for honor 2 won't bring in any new players so this is the ship for awhile, unless they drive the hardcore fans away...

Real_Doll
03-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Dont listen to this guy. They games idnt going anywhere. Everyone says it wont last long and they all have been proven wrong. People just love to say its going to die in like a week. The game state is doing better than it has in a long time. Sure there is some balance that needs to be addressed but all in all it's not too bad. You have at least to the end of the year because the seasons pass is already out.

you don't have to listen to me but the stats speak for themselves. just because you don't want to accept it doesn't make it not true. the world doesn't revolve around you cupcake

https://steamcharts.com/app/304390#All

Sweaty_Sock
03-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Yes but that just because the ppl balancing the game dont play it (with an open mind) - on launch shaman is lead devs favorite characters...

The idea behind this game is solid, the marketing people, accountants and people with business degrees decide they know better whats 'fun'

Real_Doll
03-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Yes but that just because the ppl balancing the game dont play it (with an open mind) - on launch shaman is lead devs favorite characters...

The idea behind this game is solid, the marketing people, accountants and people with business degrees decide they know better whats 'fun'

did any of the devs hint at this or is this speculation? I mean I could see it being the case in a way..

I get it the devs put their heart and soul into making the game and into creating every hero and every new hero and they are excited to present them to us the player base. I love the amount of effort put into every little detail of the game but I think the whole balance issue is why most of the players stopped playing. I mean it's not fun getting tossed around by a centurion not being able to gain stamina while he can finish at least 3 people off without his stamina running out. or a black prior just parrying every thing you throw at them and spamming the same attack back at you. People want to be able to play the hero they choose and not some hero everyone else is playing because it's the "meta". what's the fun in that?

I get that some of you guys like the game so much that you don't want to hear anything negative about it, but these issues exist and the dwindling player base is proof of that.

UbiInsulin
03-10-2019, 07:43 PM

I don't think you have much to worry about. If you want to get an idea of when we shut down games' servers, we maintain a list here which might make for a useful comparison: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist . It depends on platform too (some of these games are still maintained on platforms that aren't listed here).

It's worth mentioning that discontinuing online services for these titles is not a decision that's taken lightly; we'd prefer to never do it.

In terms of content that's announced, For Honor is in the middle of the Year of the Harbinger. :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0Hfn43XcAM7hjV.jpg

RenegadeRasta
03-10-2019, 10:02 PM
There is NOT going to be a For Honor 2. Good god.

EvoX.
03-10-2019, 10:13 PM
What do you mean a server shutdown, phaha. Imagine buying a near pure PvP game that's only 2 years old and suddenly you can't play it anymore. That's pretty much theft.

A more legitimate question would be when new content and updates are ceasing, and in my opinion that will be next year.

Sweaty_Sock
03-10-2019, 10:59 PM
did any of the devs hint at this or is this speculation? I mean I could see it being the case in a way..

Aside from the forced annual churn out of half made AC games until it almost killed a titan in the gaming world? It's a publicly listed company driven by an obligation to its shareholders, which is fine (all gotta make a buck!). What does seem to happen with Ubi (and some of the other big games companies) is that people that don't play games are in very senior positions and implement ideas - last year they could have been working in sales for fridges etc.

These people successfully boost sales for a particular period or aim to hit KPI's, not understanding/caring that the results are imbalance, frustration and a festering resentment in the player base. It's like a car manufacturer being run by a senior management where a large portion of them don't drive

I mean... if you are intelligent enough to rise that high in a company, setting a few hours a week aside to test the products would seem... common sense, and if there were a large portion of mature, sensible people playing the game (even periodically) at the very least you'd have a frame of reference to compare community concerns against... and before you think they are too busy/important for that, imagine if the CEO of McDonald's refused to taste the food

Illyrian_King
03-11-2019, 04:27 PM

The 7k players are just PC Steam users. There is around this much on PC Uplay too and according to the devs the Console players are more then the PC guys with the biggest playerbase on PS4.

All in all I guess something between 30-40k always active.

The_B0G_
03-11-2019, 07:29 PM
you don't have to listen to me but the stats speak for themselves. just because you don't want to accept it doesn't make it not true. the world doesn't revolve around you cupcake

Steam is by far the smallest player base out of the 3. Ps4 and Xbox have over double the players than PC, each.

OP you don't have to worry about people not playing, especially on console.

THE_MAD_KlNG
03-12-2019, 07:00 AM

Ok so those stats are steam. Its shows nothing about any consoles or uplay. They have the lowest player count by far. If you talking about people living in there own world it would be the guy saying the game is about to die with no evidence to back it up muffin.

Sweaty_Sock
03-12-2019, 08:05 AM
Ok so those stats are steam. Its shows nothing about any consoles or uplay. They have the lowest player count by far. If you talking about people living in there own world it would be the guy saying the game is about to die with no evidence to back it up muffin.

But they balance for PC steam so console MUST be a minority...