PDA

View Full Version : Change difficulty?

Kushland604
03-10-2019, 05:26 AM
How do i get the difficulty to change it wont change from medium no matter what i try?

Really wanna upload track before it magically deletes itself again

xmOhChickx
03-10-2019, 07:24 AM
You can change things like the difficulty just in the Track Editor Settings

fleskeknoke
03-10-2019, 10:07 AM
You can change things like the difficulty just in the Track Editor Settings

yeah but it won't stick... i'v tryed many times change that in the settings, like we have always done, but now it wont
even show a difficulty for me, its blank where it should say something in the "manage track" list.

NOR-Storelumo
03-13-2019, 09:11 AM
Try saving the track from the "manage tracks" menu instead. Worked for me.

fleskeknoke
03-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Try saving the track from the "manage tracks" menu instead. Worked for me.

i just tried it, had some hope, but no.... didnt work for me. (Im on normal xbox one)

LostTechnique
03-14-2019, 06:40 PM
I'd really like to know if anyone has a workaround for this?

Like YellowTaped, I cannot get a difficulty change to stick. All my saved tracks show no difficulty rating or date created stamp.

JolanXBL
03-15-2019, 07:20 PM
The track difficulty and game-mode will lock to whatever it was set at the very first time you saved. (Trials, 3/easy).

Here are a couple of workarounds if it's too late for you.
1. At the beginning of the track or in the preview image, use lettering to state the difficulty and game mode it's supposed to be set at.

2. Save chunks of 49 items or less as groups into your Favorites, then start the track over again, saving it to the setting that you want, then importing the items from favorites and reassembling it.

3. State in the description it's game mode and difficulty.

LostTechnique
03-15-2019, 07:51 PM
The track difficulty and game-mode will lock to whatever it was set at the very first time you saved. (Trials, 3/easy).

Hey, thanks for posting. The more people with input for these bugs the better. I just tried creating a new track, changed the difficulty to Hard then saved. However it didnt work. Still shows no difficulty in track managment.

I'm deep into a big project already but I would be willing to start again if I knew there was a solid fix. I will only make a handful of tracks all year and I put a lot of time and effort into each one so I like everything working right.

I know when Murdoc Loch uploaded his first Rising track Soda Feated the difficulty glitched from Ninja to Easy. He then re-uploaded it and it showed as Ninja. That gives me hope its possible but I spoke to him and he said it was just luck that fixed it.

If anyone else has input I'd love to hear. I'll open a ticked with Ubisoft Support in the hope for some communication.

JolanXBL
03-16-2019, 03:46 AM
I figured it out, and I am positive this time! No guessing from work, I've got a video to show my results!

Now I have not tested uploading the map to Track Central, however when working with it in your Track Management, at least visually, this is how it works.

The reason the difficulty doesn't seem to change, is because you can't use the slider as it is designed to change the difficulty. Only the first five positions on the slider, that is numbers one to five, will set a difficulty from beginner to extreme.

If you have an existing map and you want to change the game type and difficulty, simply Save as new file rather than saving over the original. You don't have to wipe your track and start again, I said that because I'm an idiot, just save as a new map 🙄.

https://youtu.be/xSv_cAI1TGs

LostTechnique
03-16-2019, 01:40 PM
I figured it out, and I am positive this time! No guessing from work, I've got a video to show my results!

Now I have not tested uploading the map to Track Central, however when working with it in your Track Management, at least visually, this is how it works.

The reason the difficulty doesn't seem to change, is because you can't use the slider as it is designed to change the difficulty. Only the first five positions on the slider, that is numbers one to five, will set a difficulty from beginner to extreme.

If you have an existing map and you want to change the game type and difficulty, simply Save as new file rather than saving over the original. You don't have to wipe your track and start again, I said that because I'm an idiot, just save as a new map 🙄.

https://youtu.be/xSv_cAI1TGs

Dude.. your awesome. How you work this out before Redlynx or Ubi support I have no idea but thank you very much. It's genuinely appreciated.

I've tested this on Xbox one (Standard) and on PC. I can confirm it works on both! :D

So two questions left for us to work out. Firstly whether this fix works when the tracks are uploaded to Track Central. Secondly how are people saving Ninja tracks if all difficultys past 6 don't work? But this is progress!

fleskeknoke
03-16-2019, 05:49 PM
i just reuploaded my track HELIUM2 to difficulty "hard"...... so i was hoping..
HELIUM2 is now a hard track published under EASY...
Oh well.... it said HARD in the trackmanagement settings, but when uploaded it became "easy"

so... still NO workaround for this bug, it was a good try tho

(xbox one)

fleskeknoke
03-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Now I have not tested uploading the map to Track Central,

i did that just now and sadly when i thought i had it published as "Hard" it was published under "Easy" ...

LostTechnique
03-16-2019, 06:49 PM
Ah man, that's really disappointing. I've still got a ticket open with support, if I hear back from them I'll update you guys.

Nano_Torb
03-17-2019, 11:02 PM
I managed to upload a track as hard by (I think) setting the difficulty level to 10/10 and having MANTIS as the only allowed bike and also the recommended bike. It was on PS4 btw

fleskeknoke
03-24-2019, 08:36 PM
I managed to upload a track as hard by (I think) setting the difficulty level to 10/10 and having MANTIS as the only allowed bike and also the recommended bike. It was on PS4 btw

im going to try this sometime next week on a track i work on,
can anyone else verify if this workaround also works on xbox?

Optik4
03-25-2019, 01:08 AM
im going to try this sometime next week on a track i work on,
can anyone else verify if this workaround also works on xbox?

This is actually exactly what I did today because I saw him say that and it worked for me. Don't know if it was a fluke or not, but it did publish as hard. Still no difficulty/date modified in the track manager though.

I also did what every other person said as well, with making new save files every time. However for the first 2 days of making the track I was over writing it every time so I thought i was screwed. Before publishing I saved it in the first pause menu in the editor, then immediately went back in and saved it in the track management page as the final track name. 10/10 Hard, Mantis only. Mantis recommended. Medal times filled in. 4 tags. Basically just made sure everything was filled out. Luckily it came out fine.

fleskeknoke
03-25-2019, 02:04 AM
This is actually exactly what I did today because I saw him say that and it worked for me. Don't know if it was a fluke or not, but it did publish as hard. Still no difficulty/date modified in the track manager though.

I also did what every other person said as well, with making new save files every time. However for the first 2 days of making the track I was over writing it every time so I thought i was screwed. Before publishing I saved it in the first pause menu in the editor, then immediately went back in and saved it in the track management page as the final track name. 10/10 Hard, Mantis only. Mantis recommended. Medal times filled in. 4 tags. Basically just made sure everything was filled out. Luckily it came out fine.

thanks so much Optik4! =) im crossing fingers... i will reply in this thread if it worked (or not) for me too.

fleskeknoke
03-26-2019, 12:26 PM

Halleluja IT WORKED!

Cruelty...976
03-30-2019, 01:52 PM
My editor settings state difficulty as medium and recommended bike as rhino. However its displaying as extreme and mantis.
So is it proved yet that saving as new will fix this? I'm not back on console till tomorrow.