PDA

View Full Version : The Division 2 Lauch - Everything You Need To Know

Ubi-Zubi
03-08-2019, 10:01 PM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/the-division/the-division-2/news/images/04_park_960x540_300dpi_345477.jpg

Our teams are getting ready for The Division 2's release. Early access begins on March 12 at midnight local time in each country for eligible editions. The full launch of the game will follow on March 15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

The Division 2 is a seamless online experience, giving you the freedom to play solo or coop up to four players and to engage not only in the story-driven campaign, but also in a robust endgame with new progression, a new faction, and new activities. Players will also be able to test their skills against other players in intense PVP activities, with three different Dark Zones and 4v4 Skirmish and Domination modes.

As you get ready to gear up for deployment in Washington, DC, read on for details about preload timing; game and title update install sizes; and what time the game servers officially open.

PRELOAD (DIGITAL PURCHASES ONLY)

Players who have purchased digital copies of any editions can begin preloading now for Xbox One & PC.

On PlayStation 4, timing varies depending on your region:

In Europe: Gold and Ultimate Edition owners can start preloading now, while Standard Edition owners will be able to preload the game beginning March 11 at 12:01 AM local time.

In the Americas: Gold and Ultimate Edition owners can preload the game starting March 10 at 12:01 AM EST, while Standard Edition owners will be able to preload the game beginning March 13 at 12:01 AM EST.

In Asia/Japan/Korea: Gold and Ultimate Edition owners can preload the game starting March 10 at 12:01 AM HKT/JST/KST, while Standard Edition owners will be able to preload the game beginning March 13 at 12:01 AM HKT/JST/KST.

DOWNLOAD & INSTALL SIZES

XBOX ONE AND PC: If you purchased the game on disc, begin by installing the game. You will then be prompted to download and install Title Update 1; expect a 48-52 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether you installed the game from a disc or bought it digitally, the final HDD install size, including the patch, will be 48-52 GB.

PS4: If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 48-52 GB download for Title Update 1, depending on your region and preferred language. If you purchased a digital copy of the game, expect a 88-92 GB download that comprises both the game and Title Update 1. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size will be between 88-92 GB.

TITLE UPDATE 1.5

Additionally, starting March 11, you will be prompted to download and install Title Update 1.5; expect about 2Gb in download, depending on your platform, region and preferred language.

Title Update 1.5 mainly addresses occurrences of audio missing or cutting out experienced by some during Open Beta.

AVAILABILITY TIMING - MIND THE SPOILERS!

The Division 2 will be available on March 12, midnight local time for all players in every country. Therefore, players from Australia and New Zealand will be the first to access the game. From there, you can expect videos and coverage to start being published online. This also means that players who get a copy of the game earlier than March 12 will not be able to start playing until the servers are live.

If you are unsure of the specifics for your personal case, please feel free to check our FAQ on release and preload dates (https://support.ubi.com/faqs/000035641) and our FAQ on Title Updates (https://support.ubi.com/Faqs/000041895).

As usual, we would love to hear your feedback, questions and thoughts, so please join us on our forums or tweet our way with #AskTheDivision2!

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/the-division/the-division-2/news/images/tctd2_worldmap_launchtimings_standard_final.jpg_96 0x540_345473.jpg

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/the-division/the-division-2/news/images/tctd2_worldmap_launchtimings_ge_ue_final_960x540_3 45474.jpg

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/the-division/the-division-2/news/images/tctd2_worldmap_launchtimings_uplay_standard_final_ 960x540_345475.jpg

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/the-division/the-division-2/news/images/tctd2_worldmap_launchtimings_uplay_ge_ue_final_960 x540_345476.jpg

Angus42033
03-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Let me start by saying I was actually excited for The Division 2. Until this morning, when I checked Ubisoft’s launch information and saw that I would have to download a 90GB patch to even play it on my PS4! How can anyone at Ubisoft think that is smart? I will be canceling the pre-order at my local GameStop today. I refuse to pay $60 for a game that is not ready for release. As a supporter of your company for over a decade I am very disappointed, and I hope you do better with future releases.

Sincerely,
A disappointed gamer.

chrisonamission
03-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Mind you the so-called beta testing wasn't anything like that either. Beta testing occurs reasonably early in the development process not a couple of weeks before release date.

HoldEmAssassin
03-09-2019, 06:31 PM
No one cares. Game is great, to whine elsewhere

xATFWxREDEMP666
03-09-2019, 07:02 PM
I am ready. My game is already downloaded. Just need to apply the patch on the 11th and I should be good to go. I enjoyed both betas and was able to provide feedback. I am hoping that the sound fixes were fully addressed.

mattrickl06
03-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Let me start by saying I was actually excited for The Division 2. Until this morning, when I checked Ubisoft’s launch information and saw that I would have to download a 90GB patch to even play it on my PS4! How can anyone at Ubisoft think that is smart? I will be canceling the pre-order at my local GameStop today. I refuse to pay $60 for a game that is not ready for release. As a supporter of your company for over a decade I am very disappointed, and I hope you do better with future releases.

Sincerely,
A disappointed gamer.

Read the post back and try to realise how Ubisoft patching bugs, glitches etc shows how hard they have worked over the last month or so.

Either cancel or show a bit of gratitude

Its5_Oclock
03-09-2019, 08:13 PM
I don’t understand the thinking behind letting some people play the game almost a full day before other people are able to based on where they live. How is that in anyway fair? It should go live for everyone at the same moment not “time” based on their time zone.

Draxonfly
03-09-2019, 11:24 PM
I don’t understand the thinking behind letting some people play the game almost a full day before other people are able to based on where they live. How is that in anyway fair? It should go live for everyone at the same moment not “time” based on their time zone.
To help 'stagger' the load on the servers, when one place isplaying the other (should) be sleeping.
I welcome the 'staggered' launch, it should help thingd run smother for everyone.

Its5_Oclock
03-10-2019, 12:37 AM
Each region has its own servers so the load is already being staggered. I can see a slight delay in each region but not having to wait until up until almost a day later in some regions. Global releases at launch are extremely common so I don’t buy that.

merkinmofoz
03-10-2019, 01:05 AM
If you read it correctly you would know you just need 90gb of freespace for the game. The patch is only 2gb.

chrisonamission
03-10-2019, 01:27 AM
Are you also grateful for all the hard work when your new car has all kinds of problems? “Please download and install the engine update before attempting to drive away.”

chrisonamission
03-10-2019, 01:30 AM
“If you purchased the game on disc, begin by installing the game. You will then be prompted to download and install Title Update 1; expect a 48-52 GB download,“

Billy_Cross
03-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Grow up. The post actually says you need 48-52 gb to download which is pretty typical. The final hdd space used will be 90 -100 gb after unpacking and installing. Also not unusual and the title update is only 1.5 gb which is tiny.

Billy_Cross
03-10-2019, 07:48 AM
did the beta testing was weeks and weeks ago the open beta but you're referring to is nothing but a stress test of the servers they don't intend to fix any bugs found at an open beta which is almost always held like a week or two before the release date they have no intention or expectation to fix those bugs before release the release build is usually almost always finalized although you may not be playing it in the open beta it's usually finalized by the open beta the private beta however where many bugs were reported those bug was all mostly have been fixed in the final release

maddog23
03-10-2019, 10:51 AM
you didnt read correctly the update 1 will be 45 to 50 gig and together it will be 90 gig of space , then the update 1.5 will be 2 gig , so basicly for some ppl the day one patch will take almost a half a day when having a bad network

GuyDLR
03-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Info

For the love of god, please tell people they aren't going to download the entire game over again as a day one patch... Some crappy games media sites are pushing this false narrative and the ignorant masses are raging over it.

GuyDLR
03-10-2019, 01:32 PM
You're the only one that isn't reading this correctly. So the pre-load is already up for PC and Xbox, but apparently we're all going to download VERSION ONE of the game as a patch when the game goes live and that's going to be after Version 1.5? You literally make no sense whatsoever.

tgsnap
03-10-2019, 06:42 PM
I am a little confused on when I can play and maybe someone can help me out. I purchased the DZ Collector's Edition for Xbox One directly from Ubisoft. The edition includes physical DVDs.

It is on its way right now, but not scheduled to get here until Tuesday during the day. Ultimate edition users can play at midnight on Tuesday.

I was hoping to play Tuesday night at midnight, but it seems I won't be able to. I checked on Xbox and it's not available for pre-load.

It seems odd to me that they are penalizing the folks that spent more and purchase the special editions over folks that got the Ultimate and Gold editions. It looks like those folks will get an extra half-day of pre-release playing time.

Hopefully I have misunderstood this.

xATFWxREDEMP666
03-10-2019, 08:59 PM
I am a little confused on when I can play and maybe someone can help me out. I purchased the DZ Collector's Edition for Xbox One directly from Ubisoft. The edition includes physical DVDs.

It is on its way right now, but not scheduled to get here until Tuesday during the day. Ultimate edition users can play at midnight on Tuesday.

I was hoping to play Tuesday night at midnight, but it seems I won't be able to. I checked on Xbox and it's not available for pre-load.

It seems odd to me that they are penalizing the folks that spent more and purchase the special editions over folks that got the Ultimate and Gold editions. It looks like those folks will get an extra half-day of pre-release playing time.

Hopefully I have misunderstood this.

If you pre-ordered a physical copy. You are able to play once the physical disc is at your home. There is no way to pre-load that copy. For the folks that bought a digital copy, they are able to pre-load already. I bought the ultimate edition for xb1 a week or two ago. Since then I was able to download the client and update it twice prior to launch. I checked this morning and there was a roughly 2GB update which is patch 1.5. It is a bummer that the physical copies dont ship any earlier. I learned from that from a few years ago. Hope this helps.

Litteken71
03-10-2019, 09:35 PM
I played both Bettas and have the game downloaded cant wait to play 3 days early with the gold edition.
I still play the 1st division almost every day when my schedule allows it.

DanielW982
03-11-2019, 09:23 AM
I could tell by a lot of comments in the forums here that many players seem to forget the private & open betas are.....BETA. NOT the official game for purchase.

but I think it wasn't a really good idea to run an open beta like a few weeks before the completed game is launched.

I noticed a lot of glitches and bugs in the open beta and my computer (high tech specs)'s CPU and GPU area heated up just by connecting to the open beta server.

I plan to pre order the game on PC soon and hope the developers managed to fix most of the bugs in the game.

mr_hankyCP
03-11-2019, 12:45 PM
seriously dude, the game is probably better off without you. I would definitely cancel your order since they are making you download a patch to fix issues in the game to make it better at kickoff. You're right they should probably pull back all 10 million copies off the shelves and re-burn new disks and repackage and ship back out to all the stores instead of inconveniencing you with a 2 hour download. At least there will be 1 less critic trying to nerf the game.

Its5_Oclock
03-11-2019, 06:14 PM
When are we able to download the Day One patch on Xbox? Will it not be available until the game goes live in our region or will it be released before that?

adrianomm
03-11-2019, 06:39 PM
I have the version 1.02 in my PS4 installed . Left 10 hours to release the game and no update available yet.

Grae_Frog
03-11-2019, 08:57 PM
I have the version 1.02 in my PS4 installed . Left 10 hours to release the game and no update available yet.

My Xbox patch was updating when I got home approx 6pm gmt, 1.57gb, I am presuming it’s the patch

FOX74
03-11-2019, 09:07 PM

Sincerely,
A disappointed gamer.

You can't be serious.... lmao. Every game is like this now. Each game has an install file... most come with an update too for findings found in betas. Welcome to the new age, it's how it is so we have a better experience with the game...

Yes. Used tobe plug and play, but games (especially one of this size) today have A LOT more going on, graphics, features, depth, etc. Much larger so it would basically require a download through data because a disc can only hold so much data.

chrisonamission
03-11-2019, 10:08 PM
You missed the point of the post by a couple of miles. I really hope your aim is better when playing Division :)

MrZeeck
03-12-2019, 09:48 AM
It blows my mind that they're not mentioning anything about added optimization after the open-beta problems.. Sooo many forum threads/posts and they just ignore it. Glad I didn't spend any money on this unplayable game.