PDA

View Full Version : For Honors main problem?

Sweaty_Sock
03-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Cheap, abusable moves are left untouched in an effort to allow easy access for new players. HOWEVER

these are cheesed on by the hardcore players

Plz just make some noob friendly characters & leave the rest alone :)

Illyrian_King
03-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Nope

The main problem is the lack in Breach maps and new mechanics in general. More medieval mass stuff. I see catapults (not talking about the feats), minion commandings, custumization and training for minions and such stuff.

Right now you just play the same scenario over and over again. You can not bring your own stuff to the field or apply some strategy in minion behavior, etc. But Breach is a very good step in the right direction. It should just be much more of this stuff.

Hormly
03-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Main problem will always be the terribly balanced core combat mechanics

V1vson
03-08-2019, 07:10 PM
3B:
-Balance:
-Black Prior;
-Boring.

Sweaty_Sock
03-09-2019, 01:06 AM
The balacing im talking about here, they leave 1-2 crutch moves on almost all characters to allow new player access, and those 1-2 moves then get used by people with 100's of hours gameplay instead of a full tool kit

Col.Bullet
03-09-2019, 01:43 PM
The balacing im talking about here, they leave 1-2 crutch moves on almost all characters to allow new player access, and those 1-2 moves then get used by people with 100's of hours gameplay instead of a full tool kit
That is not how I see it. Characters are not designed to be noobfriendly. Ease-of-use is far too subjective a thing for that. Instead the designer strives for viability on all levels of play. That however often comes down to something very safe and thus abusable. Which makes the bigger part of many kits obsolete. It seems to me the devs have a different approach to remedieing the fundamental flaws in the combat system, as pointed out by Hormly than high tier players do.

TimeToCrusade
03-09-2019, 09:59 PM
The main problem is the fighting system itself, too shallow. You just have to spam the same safe/unreactable move over and over again to win (The degree of that depends of the level of your opponent though)
This is what gives the balancing issues, either a move is useless or its broken, no real middle ground. Also heroes kits have nothing if you compare to other fighting games

Kadete93
03-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Competitive tier and high tier players tend to spam one safe move over and over

Don't blame the newbies

rbtfortune
03-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Cheap moves are not effective against experienced players, it's just a matter of learning how to deal with it. Of course it would be easy to make a list of characters that fit into this category and are considered op but really, to me there's no challenge in playing them as opposed to playing a high skill cap character and beating players that choose easy mode. This is the difference between relying on a basic easy move set versus relying on skill.

Sweaty_Sock
03-10-2019, 11:06 PM
Cheap moves are not effective against experienced players, it's just a matter of learning how to deal with it. Of course it would be easy to make a list of characters that fit into this category and are considered op but really, to me there's no challenge in playing them as opposed to playing a high skill cap character and beating players that choose easy mode. This is the difference between relying on a basic easy move set versus relying on skill.

Cheap moves are effective against experienced players... if your definition of cheap is 'easy to execute/low risk hi reward', infact that's all alot of the 'experienced' players ever do, 1-2 moves

We.the.North
03-11-2019, 03:42 AM
The main problem ?? Revenge exists.

Sweaty_Sock
03-11-2019, 07:05 AM
Seems to be a couple of recurring theme's running through this that might be different faces of the same coin

1) Moves & core mechanics being shallow/unbalanced - leading to very few combo/abilities actually being used. There are a million threads on this but at its core i think the issue is
- parrying on an attack button & parrying in general
- guardbreaks in general
- Lack of guard breaking via blocking excessively etc (i.e. no combos to 'open a guard' rather just bash or unblockable within the combo or from neutral

2) lack of variety in the game & modes. For this i'd partly blame the faction war, it is literally worthless as something you were supposed to be fighting for (committing hundreds of thousands of solders in a season to be told you lost and get sweet nothing makes you give up). What I never understood was why they didn't just steal the missions from Assassins Creed (like those in brotherhood) - i.e. you pick a member, they go on mission, takes some time but there are rewards. You can send soldiers &/or heros (renown increases their power in this) from your faction on these missions. Missions result in steel/gear/EXP (depending on your choice & degree of success) + a power shift in the faction war. Participation gets you your season rewards NOT hoping you are in the right faction for whatever maths ubi decide to throw at the faction war

Also a better breach type mode would be good, this one was so limited it just felt like skirmish with a ram (bringing your own minions would be an interesting idea, or setting up some defences R6 siege style)

LionsFang78
03-11-2019, 02:47 PM
The biggest problem from a gameplay perspective is older characters falling behind the new ones. Cent, Lawbringer, Raider, Nobushi, even PK and Warlord with their changes just aren't on par with the wu lin, Goki rework and BP. Reworks eventually come, but characters tend to stay in an unviable state for too long.

A personal gripe is the lack of armor and weird weapon customization. Aesthetics are a big part of any game that gives you some level of choice as to how you look. I'd like to see knights get more and different types of plate armor, I'd like to see Vikings that look like actually historical vikings, and I'd like to see more weapons that aren't overly designed and complex. Too many weapons are oddly proportioned and colored, Ubi needs to learn that simplicity can be beautiful too

But overall I still love the game for what it is