PDA

View Full Version : Flickering in HDR-Mode on ps4 pro

thowes78
03-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Hello,

I am playing Far Cry New Dawn on a ps4pro, hooked up to a Samsung KS8090 (thatís the European designation) 4K HDR 49í TV from 2017.

My problem is a constant flickering of the image while in HDR-Mode. If I disable HDR (either through the ps4 or the hdmi-port of the tv), the flickering stops. It is especially noticeable during the night cycle of the game. The screen never goes black, but the brightness constantly changes. I think this is different from other HDR-related threads in this forum, so I'm starting this one.

I already tried different cables, plugging the cable in directly (as opposed to routing it through the psvr unit), different HDMI-ports. I fiddled with the in-game HDR-settings. Unfortunately, nothing helps. It does not happen during the menu or loading screens, and it is the only game where this problem occurs.

Thanks in advance

Tom

UBI-Froggard
03-15-2019, 05:32 AM
Hey,

We had some issues with HDR previously but it wasn't flickering. That was resolved from the latest updated to the game, so please make sure you have done that if you haven't already as it may be the same fix.

You can also try change the TV`s Dynamic Contrast setting to Medium/Low or Off and see if that helps?

thowes78
03-18-2019, 02:23 PM
Hi, thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately, it still flickers after the update, and changing the contrast does not help either

Tom

Ubi-Ginge
03-21-2019, 12:54 AM
Hey Thowes78

Would you be able to upload a video showing the flickering please, we can then get this passed on to the game team for investigation.

thowes78
03-21-2019, 06:11 PM
Resolution could be better, but maybe it helps:

https://imgur.com/a/dyETvoR

Thanks

Tom