PDA

View Full Version : Prophecy mission glitch

clintonneufeld
03-08-2019, 06:52 AM
Playing prophecy mission and when pressing up on D pad to “draw out amulet” nothing happens even though I have done all the required steps at each of the three locations.

Reload a couple times from check point seemed to work after that

cskiller86
03-08-2019, 08:55 AM
Yeah, this mission seems to be quite finicky.

Also, you have to HOLD D-Pad Up, not just press it.
The same as with the photos from the A Thousand Words side mission.

Ubi-Karl
03-09-2019, 01:11 AM
Hey clintonneufeld!

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

To work around your issues with not being able to complete The Prophecy, please try moving away from the isle to fully reset the mission, or return to your home base and restart The Prophecy.
To spin the windmill once at a time and holding the amulet in the hypothetical right position repeatedly might also work to validate the mission, even though the windmill is not in the right position.

This should allow you to complete the windmill puzzle and progress through the mission.

We are looking to resolve this issue in a future title update to Far Cry New Dawn.

BadAttorney7201
06-30-2019, 01:51 AM
Hi, i am currently experiencing a bug where i cannot complete The Prophecy, the problem is with the windmill puzzle. I have the amulet and the windmill aligned perfectly and it does not begin the next phase or anything it just acts as if i am not aligning it properly or dont even have the amulet in my hand. I have tried every different possible "bug fix" or "way around the bug" and it still does not work.
If you could respond as soon as possible that would be great because as of right now i am getting frustrated because i am trying to complete the mission but cannot.
Thank you

BadAttorney7201
07-04-2019, 01:58 AM
I am still waiting for a reply and im sorry if you have seen my message and are currently working on something but i would like to let you know that over the past 4 days i have been trying all the different methods that ubisoft and other players have been suggesting as a bug workaround or fix and none of them have worked so i feel like you might need to release a proper bug fix in an update.
I know i can start again and that would fix it but i feel like i should have to do that just to play the main mission. I was thinking a load system would work so you can choose which save you wish to play on, an example would be skyrim just so you know what im talking about. I think this load system would be a quick and easy workaround for most bugs in the game.
Thank you.
Please respond as soon as possible.

BadAttorney7201
07-05-2019, 04:12 AM
HI again, sorry for so many messages.
I thought i would let you know that i started a new game on the same account and the bug still exists even though i completely started again. I dont know how or why this even happened in the first place because i did this mission for my dad on his account and it worked fine but when i did it on my account exactly same way it didnt work. When i restarted my account meaning starting alllll over again from the beginning it deleted my other progress but i thought it might fix the bug but it didnt. When i made it back to The Prophecy mission i followed your recommendations: i turned the windmill once at a time and each time i turned it i put the amulet up. Also i did not leave the area of the mission.
Thank you again and sorry for so many messages but i am trying to give as much information as possible.

NullException87
07-16-2019, 11:57 PM
HI again, sorry for so many messages.
I thought i would let you know that i started a new game on the same account and the bug still exists even though i completely started again. I dont know how or why this even happened in the first place because i did this mission for my dad on his account and it worked fine but when i did it on my account exactly same way it didnt work. When i restarted my account meaning starting alllll over again from the beginning it deleted my other progress but i thought it might fix the bug but it didnt. When i made it back to The Prophecy mission i followed your recommendations: i turned the windmill once at a time and each time i turned it i put the amulet up. Also i did not leave the area of the mission.
Thank you again and sorry for so many messages but i am trying to give as much information as possible.

I've been waiting on a fix since a week after the game released. Nothing works. Started over, nothing. $40 wasted. Really makes me never want to by another Ubisoft game. Such BS

UbiMorning
07-17-2019, 09:03 PM
the problem is with the windmill puzzle. I have the amulet and the windmill aligned perfectly and it does not begin the next phase or anything it just acts as if i am not aligning it properly or dont even have the amulet in my hand.
Hey guys! This issue should have been fixed previously. The workaround I have is to spin the windmill once, and go to the place where the amulet should be. It may take a few times but the mission should complete, even if graphically it doesn't look right. Thanks for checking in and I apologize for any frustration with this bug.

ProudFungus9351
10-26-2019, 10:04 PM
I know this thread is probably dead but I tried all of the solutions suggested on this thread and it was still broken and I restarted my game twice, is there any other way to fix it?

Ubi-Mark.
11-05-2019, 05:54 PM
I know this thread is probably dead but I tried all of the solutions suggested on this thread and it was still broken and I restarted my game twice, is there any other way to fix it?

Hello ProudFungus9351, welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear that. Can you please provide us with a short video, so we can take a look at the position you're currently stanging?

ProudFungus9351
11-08-2019, 12:12 AM
Hello ProudFungus9351, welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear that. Can you please provide us with a short video, so we can take a look at the position you're currently stanging?

I found a fix after a while thank you for the fast response though!

Ubi-Mark.
11-08-2019, 03:18 PM
I found a fix after a while thank you for the fast response though!

Fantastic, I'm so glad that the issue has been resolved! Happy gaming (especially the northern part of the map, I found it very exciting!) :D

Vetmara86
01-27-2020, 07:04 AM
Fantastic, I'm so glad that the issue has been resolved! Happy gaming (especially the northern part of the map, I found it very exciting!) :D

I'm not seeing the fix ok the windmill. I have the other 2 done and am getting nothing when properly aligned on the windmill

UbiDork
02-06-2020, 11:06 PM
Vetmara86: Hey there! Just to check, can you please tell me if you have tried these Xbox One Troubleshooting steps (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026628/Basic-Xbox-One-Troubleshooting) to try and update your game?