PDA

View Full Version : Ballista should deal damage to the ram

Illyrian_King
03-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Just read the patchnotes for the new title update 2.0.6

Basically it is just a bug fix, but why should a ballista bolt only deal 20dmg to a ram with something around 8000HP?

Before this change it dealt 60dmg per bolt, which was quiet meaningful and good. It made sense to shot a few times at the ram whenever possible. Now the strategic option is rather useless.

Less depth in gameplay. Please let it deal 60dmg also in the future.

Ubiflowessence
03-07-2019, 08:39 PM
I'm not completely sure why the change was made, but I do know it was originally supposed to deal only 20 points. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on whether you agree or disagree with Ballista dealing 60dmg and why?

Illyrian_King
03-07-2019, 09:03 PM
I'm not completely sure why the change was made, but I do know it was originally supposed to deal only 20 points. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on whether you agree or disagree with Ballista dealing 60dmg and why?

Yes it was a bug fix. It deals 60dmg to players and it did the same to the ram. But 20dmg to the ram with it's approximately 8000HP is not worth mentioning.
When we had a man free, we always tried to get some shots at the ram, but this strategy can be thrown away now. It takes away gameplay depth. I don't understand why this change was made.

Maxime_Qc-
03-08-2019, 07:33 PM
I agree... 20 dmg out of 8k health is ridiculous

Kryltic
03-08-2019, 10:28 PM
60 damage vs a Ram seems perfectly reasonable given its health pool, the fact it can heal and possibly get a shield.

The ballista is of limited use vs players in Breach but had some nice use vs the ram to add a little pressure to the attackers.

Overall this change will make going for a ballista only useful in Breach vs the commander.

Illyrian_King
03-08-2019, 10:46 PM
I agree... 20 dmg out of 8k health is ridiculous

Exactly my mind.

60 damage vs a Ram seems perfectly reasonable given its health pool, the fact it can heal and possibly get a shield.

The ballista is of limited use vs players in Breach but had some nice use vs the ram to add a little pressure to the attackers.

Overall this change will make going for a ballista only useful in Breach vs the commander.

60dmg was perfectly fine. It was also just reasonable, that defender have access to some defensive tools ... now it's just the cauldron ;b