PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the game after long hiatus

Worf101
12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Just a couple of questions.

1. I've downloaded all the patches. Should I reboot after every patch?

2. Can I skip patches 1 through 3 and just go to the latest one?

3. GWX v20 can I dowload off of limewire and get the right one. Some say "nude" and "anime" I'm not sure what they're talking about.

4. How do I comtribute caish for the GWX mod?

Thanks in advance.

Da Worfster

Worf101
12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Just a couple of questions.

1. I've downloaded all the patches. Should I reboot after every patch?

2. Can I skip patches 1 through 3 and just go to the latest one?

3. GWX v20 can I dowload off of limewire and get the right one. Some say "nude" and "anime" I'm not sure what they're talking about.

4. How do I comtribute caish for the GWX mod?

Thanks in advance.

Da Worfster

tuddley3
12-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Welcome back Worf, it has been a long time since we have seen you.

1) As far as the patches go, you only need to install the latest one. All previous patches are included in 1.4b. It's always best to reboot after installing anything IMHO, then you can install GWX.

3) It is best to get GWX from Subsim, you should not download files such as games from Limewire(You may just invite virus' like Trojans into your hard drive). I don't really think subjects such as Limewire are accepted here at the forum, so be carefull.

4) To contribute to the GWX Team(actually to the Subsim community), just go to Subsim.com.

It's good to see you back, I hope you stick around a little longer this time around http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Privateer_GWX
12-31-2007, 05:41 PM
As Tuddley3 stated,

All contributions go to SubSim.com.

No money goes to the Devs of GWX in any way.

We did what we did cause we could.

Worf101
01-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the help fellahs and the welcome, now if only I could get the damn gunners to load the deckgun I could get on with this thing.

Da Worfster

bunkerratt
01-01-2008, 07:35 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

hueywolf123
01-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Welcome back Worf, if you are in GWX-2 (?), to get your crew to load the deckgun, you must go to the deck gun yourself, then click on the HE icon on the lower left of the screen.
Once you've done this, they will load auto for the rest of the patrol.
Good hunting

Worf101
01-02-2008, 05:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hueywolf123:
Welcome back Worf, if you are in GWX-2 (?), to get your crew to load the deckgun, you must go to the deck gun yourself, then click on the HE icon on the lower left of the screen.
Once you've done this, they will load auto for the rest of the patrol.
Good hunting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thans Huey:
It only took me another half hour of trial by error to finally get the dang deck gun loaded. I felt like such a boob. What a maroon. LOL. Well I'll soon be venturing forth in the North Atlantic looking to make someone pay for my humiliation.

Da Worfster

hueywolf123
01-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Worf, if you want the patrol to last a while, I strongly advise you to stay well clear of any DD's.
If you deck gun any targets around England, make it quick, then go below for a while. The gate crashers in GWX-2 have evil intent, and want your blood. Yes, even at night - especially at night. The aircraft are deadly during daylight hours too, so try not to slug it out with them either.
Odds are against you, good luck and good hunting