PDA

View Full Version : Bashes should not drain or pause stamina regen

dinosaurlicker
03-06-2019, 02:09 AM
This is dumb. Bp conq and warden have their ******ed 50/50s that result in either stamina drain + damage or gb and 40 dmg. If you get oos against any of them you automatically lose. This is completely ridiculous that this is still a thing after a year of conq being broken

FlyinBeef
03-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Totally agree with you, OOS should be punished, but it shouldn't be guaranteed death at least from Tier S heroes, because they already have too much. I think that Conq, Prior and Warden should be like Warlord with his headbutt, drain stamina, but doesn't stop it, or stop but only for moment.

MetalDevil19
03-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Thats only part of the reason I think people that play them are pussies. Very little to no skill required there. They should gitgud

dinosaurlicker
03-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Thats only part of the reason I think people that play them are pussies. Very little to no skill required there. They should gitgud

Lmao great minds think alike. Anytime I see someone play BP, warden, conq, or any of the chinese ****s, I automatically dub them gay af.

Knight_Raime
03-06-2019, 11:27 PM
I think bash based moves should pause your stamina gain while OOS. Drain based moves like raiders stampede shouldn't do anything to you while OOS. I'm not sure about his stunning tap. As it doesn't do bash based stamina damage nor drain based. it just sets your stamina to a specific value. But yeah. OOS is meant to be punishing. If you could easily just block till you weren't OOS people wouldn't have to learn stamina management or when not to attempt something. Both important aspects of learning how to become a better player overall.

dinosaurlicker
03-07-2019, 03:37 AM
I think bash based moves should pause your stamina gain while OOS. Drain based moves like raiders stampede shouldn't do anything to you while OOS. I'm not sure about his stunning tap. As it doesn't do bash based stamina damage nor drain based. it just sets your stamina to a specific value. But yeah. OOS is meant to be punishing. If you could easily just block till you weren't OOS people wouldn't have to learn stamina management or when not to attempt something. Both important aspects of learning how to become a better player overall.

It’s meant to be PUNISHED you’re not meant to lose the entire game off of it. It gives the enemy time to be aggressive with no counter attacks, shouldn’t become a guessing game that you just die in if you guess wrong

Goat_of_Vermund
03-07-2019, 06:50 AM
Tbh, I find BP somewhat easy to survive in oos. While his bash is not punishable enough, it is not a hard dodge. When I play him, I find more success in Bulwark Slash 50/50 against exhausted opponents then in any bash. Conq and warden are other stories, especially conqueror, but there are others with great pressure.
Gladiator will surely get something. Raider has the zone which might be reactable, but if you somehow mess it up, you lose. Berserker has very easy access to unblockables with a quite strong punish. Shaman has her own unblockable, plus point if you are bleeding. Highlander will kill you with two bad reads. Kensei can punish you easily. New shugoki can knock you down with oni charge, and has huge punishes. And all four wulin has reliable pressure on tired opponents. The problem is mainly with heroes not on the list.

Bloodwake1980
03-07-2019, 04:07 PM
Ok this comment might show the fact that I have literally played for like a week. I don't know what OOS stands for but why does blocking any grab or guard break while out of stamina rest it to zero. I thought the whole reason you take a defensive stance and start blocking is to regain stamina. Are those blocks not considered defensive and once more why does it not fill your revenge meter when successful?

LionsFang78
03-07-2019, 05:32 PM
I think draining stamina is only a problem against OOS opponents, which I believe Ubi is addressing. Its no fun to fight a stamina bully

Knight_Raime
03-07-2019, 07:15 PM
It’s meant to be PUNISHED you’re not meant to lose the entire game off of it. It gives the enemy time to be aggressive with no counter attacks, shouldn’t become a guessing game that you just die in if you guess wrong

There is no way any of those heros are going to kill you in OOS if they're just spamming out their fast bashes only unless you have absolutely terrible reaction times.
If you're consistently going out of stamina and dying then the fault lies with you and something you're doing or not doing. Not the opponent. Removing stamina based attacks entirely from the OOS mind games just makes it much easier to escape OOS even if you played poorly.

And in the case of someone like Warden it actually wouldn't give you the effect you're looking for. Because his bash game has a hard punish of a GB at best or 40 damage at worst. So you'd likely die anyway. If these 3 heros bashes are the cause of wanting you to change how OOS works then it would be better to address the heros directly than possibly negatively impact the game as a whole.

Faithly88
03-07-2019, 07:41 PM
100% agree... no attack apart from JJ chokey molester daddy thing should remove your stam it doesn't make sense.

If you are super unlucky with dodges (cause lets be honest they could be GBs cause someone couldn't be arsed to make BP two animations) you can stay out of stam for your entire health bar easily all guaranteed damage...

Ubi have had a fair amount of time to fix this class now, it's starting to take the p***

EvoX.
03-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Agreed for a regular state, disagreed on this being the case for OOS. It should pause or drain it, not both. You're meant to be punished for going in that state, and with how fast some characters regain stamina and how much time it takes for a bash to be initiated + whiff recovery, it could mean one dodged bash being equal to full stamina, and that's definitely not okay to me.

Knight_Raime
03-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Agreed for a regular state, disagreed on this being the case for OOS. It should pause or drain it, not both. You're meant to be punished for going in that state, and with how fast some characters regain stamina and how much time it takes for a bash to be initiated + whiff recovery, it could mean one dodged bash being equal to full stamina, and that's definitely not okay to me.

That's something I didn't think about so a good point here. Initiating a bash after whiff recovery can be slow. So for some heros they'ed only have to avoid once to skip the danger phase of OOS. Good point Evo.

rottmeister
03-08-2019, 12:42 AM
On one hand being OOS should be extremely scary on the other hand it shouldn't be a death sentence. So we have to find a middle ground.

Sweaty_Sock
03-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Lmao great minds think alike. Anytime I see someone play BP, warden, conq, or any of the chinese ****s, I automatically dub them gay af.

How did warden make that list lol, rolling away makes 100% safe from anything including his dash forward heavy