PDA

View Full Version : Not saving progress

Maltechr
03-05-2019, 07:28 PM
Hey. Im losing all progress everytime I close the game.
Ive tried everything..
Reinstall, even of uplay, updated everything..
Suspecting cloud save issue, but cant find any settings about it.

R1ckGr1mes
03-06-2019, 04:18 AM
I am having the exact same issue, glad to see it isn't only me. I posted a thread about it but haven't received a fix yet, it just keeps taking me back to the opening track every time. What really doesn't make sense is it saves my level, items and currency but not my progress.

Maltechr
03-06-2019, 08:58 AM
Yep, exactly :) I think it might have something to do with the crash on exit :/

R1ckGr1mes
03-07-2019, 08:02 AM
OK so I may have figured it out, somehow Trials became out of synch with the cloud saves (I think it may have something to do with changing my Uplay password as this immediately started happening after that). I performed the steps below and it is now working properly, although you will not get your progress back and will have to unlock the tracks again. Hope this helps:

If you have enough space, we would like to suggest you the following which can help:
 Make sure Uplay is completely exited out, which can include exiting from your system tray if you opted to have Uplay run in the background when pressing the window X
 Go to the save game folder below and delete it after making a backup:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<UPLAYID>\4311 (Steam)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<UPLAYID>\1803 (Uplay)
 Open Uplay as administrator, then disable the overlay and cloud save
 Launch Far Cry 5 and play until your reach an autosave.
 Exit the game, re-enable cloud saves and the overlay and restart Uplay.
 When the game starts back up, you will get a message about which save to use. Make sure to select the local save, not the cloud game save. Uplay will then update with the local save.

R1ckGr1mes
03-07-2019, 08:12 AM
I can confirm the solution works for me after several saves now. I think I actually prefer the tracks being reset because now I can get XP by just racing than doing the annoying contracts.

Maltechr
03-07-2019, 12:03 PM
It worked man.. Youre the best, thank you so much!

Ubi-Redbeard
03-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Glad to see you managed to resolve this!

Thanks @R1ckGr1mes for the troubleshooting.