PDA

View Full Version : this doesn't make scence, ubisoft why? ***SPOILERS***



B-MAN_WARRIOR
11-29-2009, 10:37 AM
if they did put AC3 in the recent times then how are they going to implement swords,knives and other weapons into a world driven buy guns amd electronics. Also i was wondering at the end of AC2 why didn't the guards that Desmond fought have guns. that would be logical when your going to capture an assassin or kill him.

One other thing. Desmond goes into the animus and learns all these skills in combat/martial arts but what good is that gonna do with guns being the main weapons in the 21st century.

i just wanna know why http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif


***spoiler tags added

B-MAN_WARRIOR
11-29-2009, 10:37 AM
if they did put AC3 in the recent times then how are they going to implement swords,knives and other weapons into a world driven buy guns amd electronics. Also i was wondering at the end of AC2 why didn't the guards that Desmond fought have guns. that would be logical when your going to capture an assassin or kill him.

One other thing. Desmond goes into the animus and learns all these skills in combat/martial arts but what good is that gonna do with guns being the main weapons in the 21st century.

i just wanna know why http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif


***spoiler tags added

Malocchio21
11-29-2009, 10:44 AM
They didn't have guns when fighting Desmond because they weren't intending to kill him since Vidic still needs to use him for Abstergo's purposes. As far as the gun fighting vs. martial arts, well I'm sure if there is gonna be current action in any of the following games, Desmond will need to equip himself with one.

TooLazy4Name
11-29-2009, 10:45 AM
if they do make guns, their going to implement them in a "only use them if desmond has to" situation. like if hes sneaking, he wont use guns, he'll come up behind people and knock them out, slit their throat, something like that. or maybe present day assassins are like...the matrix O.o. idk, but i doubt their gonna turn it into a shooter or just leave guns out altogether.

B-MAN_WARRIOR
11-29-2009, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tolazy4name1:
if they do make guns, their going to implement them in a "only use them if desmond has to" situation. like if hes sneaking, he wont use guns, he'll come up behind people and knock them out, slit their throat, something like that. or maybe present day assassins are like...the matrix O.o. idk, but i doubt their gonna turn it into a shooter or just leave guns out altogether. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking that they gonna make it into like a splinter cell game but with the hidden blade as your main weapon.

wieetsguy
11-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Why are people assuming now that it's going to be set in the present time?

That would be stupid.

It's not the point of the game. The point of the game is playing a "game" inside a game.

An_Idea
11-29-2009, 11:35 AM
yes but there will undoubtably be parts of the game where you fight with desmond, again, the reason people think that you will play as desmond more is because lucy wanted desmond to go into the animus to train to fight the templars in present day. so think before you call something dumb, there is a valid point for worrying if there will be guns

dj1917
11-29-2009, 11:46 AM
**content removed - I understand the frustration about seeing spoilers, but that doesn't mean you can post in such manner. These forums are E-rated, please refrain from using such language again - thanks

An_Idea
11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
did you come onto these forums just to troll? there are hardly any spoilers in this thread, its painstakingly obvious by the last trophy/achievment that you will leave the hideout and have to fight

Cryps1
11-29-2009, 12:01 PM
You never know, maybe Ac3 won't have Desmond being the main game character. Perhaps they use the Animus AGAIN for some crap, even if my theory goes against the ending of Ac2

thekyle0
11-29-2009, 12:43 PM
You guys should bring this discussion to one the the AC3 speculation threads.

dj1917
11-29-2009, 03:36 PM
"Hardly any" spoilers? There should be none.

***content edited - stop using this type of language and insulting forum members, or your posting privileges will be revoked

Silhouelle
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
*Spoiler*

Clearly they are going to give Desmond super powers attained from the eden pieces his ancestors found! Now just read that again and think of things less superman like and more subtle. In the manual for the game however, on the first page, theres a letter from Lucy to Shaun and Rebecca. In the letter Lucy comments, in regards to Desmond and the animus, "if it works, he'll be the most powerful man alive".

Now add to that the fact Desmond has eagle vision, a supernatual power his ancestor had and which Desmond now has via the bleeding effect (seeing the code for the door at the beginning, etc). Also Subject 16 says in one of the glyph vids that their power is in their blood. Then take on board the fact Desmond has gone from a relatively poor fighter to a badass assassin literally over the course of a few days, via the bleeding effect.

Think of all the things he could learn to do by returning to live as Altiar, as mentioned in the codex's he started using the piece of eden. Or even Ezio, who knows how to use that same piece of eden to make those mirror copies of himself.

Anyhoo, my theory is when we do finally get to play around as Desmond fully, he'll have quite the arsenal of eyebrow raising magical displays. :b

IV_trailer
11-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I dont think the magic of the apple can bleed into him since it is not ezios power but the apple ones. For example, you cant fire a bullet without a gun.

caswallawn_2k7
11-29-2009, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IV_trailer:
For example, you cant fire a bullet without a gun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> want a bet? the gun just helps with aim and trajectory.

IV_trailer
11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe another example than but you got the point, right?

Silhouelle
11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IV_trailer:
I dont think the magic of the apple can bleed into him since it is not ezios power but the apple ones. For example, you cant fire a bullet without a gun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes but the power is in the blood, which means all of Altiar's line has power - they just don't know how to use it. Desmond learns how by living as Altiar, not actually by acquiring the power itself, simply the knowledge of it. I can see them having more 'powers' in store for Desmond/his ancestors though, aside from Eagle Vision. Perhaps a extended form of it which becomes foresight, or somesuch.

Its not a theory I've really seen anyone else mention though and I think its quite plausable. Why else have Desmond see the code on the door in the beginning, if not to give a nod towards that skill being more than seeing blood on a wall. There also -has- to be a part of the assassins brain that directs that power, for how else would their targets glow gold?

B-MAN_WARRIOR
11-29-2009, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neraelia:
*Spoiler*

Clearly they are going to give Desmond super powers attained from the eden pieces his ancestors found! Now just read that again and think of things less superman like and more subtle. In the manual for the game however, on the first page, theres a letter from Lucy to Shaun and Rebecca. In the letter Lucy comments, in regards to Desmond and the animus, "if it works, he'll be the most powerful man alive".

Now add to that the fact Desmond has eagle vision, a supernatual power his ancestor had and which Desmond now has via the bleeding effect (seeing the code for the door at the beginning, etc). Also Subject 16 says in one of the glyph vids that their power is in their blood. Then take on board the fact Desmond has gone from a relatively poor fighter to a badass assassin literally over the course of a few days, via the bleeding effect.

Think of all the things he could learn to do by returning to live as Altiar, as mentioned in the codex's he started using the piece of eden. Or even Ezio, who knows how to use that same piece of eden to make those mirror copies of himself.

Anyhoo, my theory is when we do finally get to play around as Desmond fully, he'll have quite the arsenal of eyebrow raising magical displays. :b </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that makes sense, sort of.

An_Idea
11-29-2009, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dj1917:
"Hardly any" spoilers? There should be none. ***edited </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stop throwing a temper tantrum

btw, do the codex pages shed any light on anything that happens near the end, i havent gotten around to reading them yet

Silhouelle
11-29-2009, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">btw, do the codex pages shed any light on anything that happens near the end, i havent gotten around to reading them yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They are basically just drawings and some musing by Altiar, mentioning how he uses the piece of eden to acquire information and such like. It ends with him asking "what harm if I look into it one last time..." so who knows what happened then. ^^;

As to my 'theory' being crazy, well... yeah, embrace the madness! ^^;

An_Idea
11-29-2009, 06:56 PM
hrmmmm thanks, it sounds interesting, i guess ima hafta go and read all of them tonight, off to my 360 and tv http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif