PDA

View Full Version : Changed sticks lately? Having problems?

BaldieJr
03-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Open up conf.ini and see how many axis you have listed. Mine was full of axis responses that I dont use, on sticks that no longer exist. I just deleted them all and started the game, went into the contoller section, and edited my responses. I rechecked the conf afterwards and found the proper number of axis.

Stick problems solved. Now I have to relearn my stick (shouldn't take too long now that i have it feeling just right).

BaldieJr
03-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Open up conf.ini and see how many axis you have listed. Mine was full of axis responses that I dont use, on sticks that no longer exist. I just deleted them all and started the game, went into the contoller section, and edited my responses. I rechecked the conf afterwards and found the proper number of axis.

Stick problems solved. Now I have to relearn my stick (shouldn't take too long now that i have it feeling just right).

B16Enk
03-07-2005, 04:16 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Good post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cajun76
03-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Good find. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif I was ina similar situation, been going through several sticks lately.

Blue-Lexus
03-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Due to a faulty throttle pot on my X45 I decided to upgrade to an X51.
On installation I found that the Joystick had a centre dead zone, which was not as bad as others have reported so I decided to live with it.
I have for the last 2 weeks tried every adjustment possible in an effort to resolve the problems I was encountering. Even though the stick did not feel too bad I was finding that I was having trouble controlling blackouts, landings and take offs. I could not get into position to get a good shot at anyone I managed to bounce.
Anyway after suddenly loosing control during a normal landing and killing my pilot yet again, I decided enough was enough and went back to using my old X45 stick with the X51 throttle.
My God what a difference. In the first hour on-line I had 5 kills. I can now turn without fear of blackout and feel back in control with added confidence. It just shows you what a difference having the right equipment can make.

I am now saving up for a CH Stick which I have been told is a quality product which will last.

Having paid good money for what was advertised as a quality product I feel ripped off, especially as my X45 throttle only lasted 10 months.

blairgowrie
03-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Interesting post. I'd like to clean up my config.ini as well for my CH throttle and MSFFB2.

I assume the safe way of doing it is to save config.ini before you start? Also how do I know which ones to delete? There is a line that starts with RZ, U, V, IU, 1V and three lines that start with 1 x 1,1 x 1 and 1 x 1 all at 100%. Should I delete all of them.

Many thanks for your help.

capt_frank
03-07-2005, 08:06 AM
yeah, i did the same thing you did lexus.

i had a ms sidewinder precision 2 that i cast aside when i purchased a new x52. while my x52 joystick didn't have the deadzone issues that you hear so much about, i just could never get used to the feel of it, most of which was the actual height of it compared to the sidewinder.

so this last weekend, i took the plunge and hooked up the sidewinder with the x52 combo. i love the feel of the x52 throttle and now combined with the sidewinder, i feel quite at home. the x52 joystick is used for its array of buttonry, which it has slots of.

now, if i could only fly and chew gum at the same time... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Cajun76
03-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Personally, I backed up my config.ini, then deleted the XYZ stuff below [rts_joystick]

When I entered the game and went to the stick adjustment, everything was at 100. Hit default, and curved for personal taste.

That's what worked for me, your mileage may vary.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Just a suggestion, but I had the same problem with the x52 not "feeling right", no matter how I adjusted the sliders for the input filters it wasn't right. Util I did something a little wacky, I set all the sliders to 100 and it worked!! Problem solved, it felt just like my old cyborg gold! It may not work for you, but give it a try ans see what happens.

Wilburnator
03-07-2005, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blue-Lexus:
On installation I found that the Joystick had a centre dead zone, which was not as bad as others have reported so I decided to live with it.
I have for the last 2 weeks tried every adjustment possible in an effort to resolve the problems I was encountering. Even though the stick did not feel too bad I was finding that I was having trouble controlling blackouts, landings and take offs. I could not get into position to get a good shot at anyone I managed to bounce.
Anyway after suddenly loosing control during a normal landing and killing my pilot yet again, I decided enough was enough and went back to using my old X45 stick with the X51 throttle.
My God what a difference. In the first hour on-line I had 5 kills. I can now turn without fear of blackout and feel back in control with added confidence. It just shows you what a difference having the right equipment can make.

I am now saving up for a CH Stick which I have been told is a quality product which will last.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is very much how it was for me. I had an X36 which I'd had for ages and that I was pretty satified with, and a set of CH Pro Pedals. I decided to upgrade to the X52 because I'd heard it was a great stick and I wanted the extra controls that it had. I kept at it for a while, trying every setting imaginable. Setting the values all to 100 only made it completely unusable for me.I resigned myself to "learning it" until one day I was fed up and I plugged my old X36 back in. Imagine my surprise when I was killing everything in sight (offline anyway, lol), I could hit my targets with ease. I purchased a CH Fighterstick to use with a Saitek throttle and am completely satified. I can put the crosshairs where I want and I have no more trouble with high speed control of my plane. For once I'm absolutely satified with my control setup for the game. I would not change a thing now.

BaldieJr
03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blairgowrie:
Interesting post. I'd like to clean up my config.ini as well for my CH throttle and MSFFB2.

I assume the safe way of doing it is to save config.ini before you start? Also how do I know which ones to delete? There is a line that starts with RZ, U, V, IU, 1V and three lines that start with 1 x 1,1 x 1 and 1 x 1 all at 100%. Should I delete all of them.

Many thanks for your help. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Delete all of those lines. The game will recreate them on its next start. Just to be safe, make a backup before doing the changes.

Cess-SGTRoc
03-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Blue Lexus I do not know what happend to your sticks , but I have had one x45 for over two years. And one other for 1.5 and had no problem or faluts with them.
If you do not want the X51 let me know and I will buy it from you if you would like.

blairgowrie
03-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks Baldie. I'll give that a try.

Hope you are hanging in there with your no smoking
pledge. Most of my family members died from lung cancer and I would not wish to follow them. I have been off of them for 20 years after being a 2 large pack a day man.

BaldieJr
03-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah, still holding strong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kicking the nicotine itself is the problem. I'm still chewing a piece of nicotine gum per day.

It beats smoking, so i'm not too broke up about it.

I'll be glad when I am in your shoes: looking back on a 20-years-past habbit... beats the alternative http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Blue-Lexus
03-08-2005, 05:45 AM
Cess-SGTR OC
I am still using the Throttle which works well. The joystick is probably useless without it. I am hoping that some kind of fix becomes available for the stick, but I will probably end up with the CH stick eventually.