PDA

View Full Version : Something needs to change right now with PK

dinosaurlicker
03-04-2019, 11:35 PM
Her damage is nonexistent. Iíll use all my stamina to get a few hits in and do like 0 damage and then itíll instantly become even because Iíll eat one heavy from someone else. Ik iím late to the party but I just recently became interested in PK and am now realizing how **** she is.

Her dagger cancels using less stamina and doing 5 more damage would be a good start. Black priorís bash does 20 and is much safer, so why would a knife to the face doing twenty dmg be so bad?

Goat_of_Vermund
03-05-2019, 12:13 AM
I think there can be a discussion about what are the best, "optimal" things to change on her, but at this point, basically anything would be acceptable since she has nothing.

dinosaurlicker
03-05-2019, 01:30 AM
Preach it lol ^

dinosaurlicker
03-05-2019, 05:05 AM
Also why tf does her deflect just completely cancel her dodge attack? I keep dying when I shouldnít be because this ******ed deflect cancels my dodge attack and ofc the punish is light attack so I just get nothing

UbiInsulin
03-05-2019, 08:29 PM
PK got a few changes intended to strengthen her in the last update. I don't say that to say "she's had her turn," but to point out that these changes are being monitored. If they don't do what they were intended to do, more changes could be considered.

Thanks for the specific suggestion re: her dagger cancel.

Card1acArrest
03-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Ubi,
you should have some kind of general stance as to bleed damage vs instant damage.

In all other games, a DoT (Damage over Time) has a higher damage/cost ratio than instant damage, because time is often of an essence.
The enemy can continue to do damage while bleeding to death, or heal, or run to zone to heal, or just get help.

Same here for the PK. Why isnt her bleed damage considered less valuable point per point compared to instant damage.
Why is her heavy damage then more or less same (bleed+damage) as other classes with instant damage??

You seem to apply this mindset on the GB bleed, it is 38 damage, which is higher than most other classes on GB.

Why not on the dodge attacks?

Or as pointed out above, the soft top stab; its a risky thing to do, you eat a light parry punish if you get parried. why is it damage similar to a weak light instant damage then?
Why isnt there a damage bonus as it is a DoT?

Overall, I feel the PK is usable now, i have played her a bit after the buff, and she is better than before. But compared to the Warlord for example, she is still a laugh, with mediocre damage output, and low health, non static guard .. :P

Col.Bullet
03-08-2019, 06:03 PM
I can attest to all the above.
Also, regarding UbiInsulin's post (and maybe I'm nitpicking here): ď[...]changes are being monitored.ď Of course they are, that is simply to be expected of the balance team. Ludicrous. But what about ď[...] more changes could be considered.ď Could? Does that mean someone thought this small buff to be worthwhile, allowing her to be put on the backburner again for another year, not giving another thought on the matter? Again, what a ludicrous expectation, if true.

Maxime_Qc-
03-08-2019, 07:40 PM
PK got a few changes intended to strengthen her in the last update. I don't say that to say "she's had her turn," but to point out that these changes are being monitored. If they don't do what they were intended to do, more changes could be considered.

Thanks for the specific suggestion re: her dagger cancel.

Heard the exact same thing a couple month ago !!!!