PDA

View Full Version : Stunlock on Xbox still a problem

mrmistark
03-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Good morning everyone.

As the title states, Berserker, Aramusha Conqueror and Orochi (to a lesser extent) are able to lock slow recovering character such as Shugoki and Highlander our from being able to block, dodge or even roll away during their fast chains.

Obviously it’s been a problem since the start of this game (light spam that is) but there is never any resolve other than “block the first light” or PC players quoting “it’s perfectly reactable”.

The only one I can sometimes get out of is berserkers if I recover fast enough and was blocking same side as the heavy already when he changed sides. But if I don’t act quick enough (most time I still get hit before being able to do anything) then I get hit with the next light and the cycle continues.

Is there any actual tangible fixes coming soon to help the console players out with this kind of problem or are we going to be stuck dealing with this just like our half *** zone inputs which don’t work half the time?

RagingtheReturn
03-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Good morning everyone.

As the title states, Berserker, Aramusha Conqueror and Orochi (to a lesser extent) are able to lock slow recovering character such as Shugoki and Highlander our from being able to block, dodge or even roll away during their fast chains.

Obviously it’s been a problem since the start of this game (light spam that is) but there is never any resolve other than “block the first light” or PC players quoting “it’s perfectly reactable”.

The only one I can sometimes get out of is berserkers if I recover fast enough and was blocking same side as the heavy already when he changed sides. But if I don’t act quick enough (most time I still get hit before being able to do anything) then I get hit with the next light and the cycle continues.

Is there any actual tangible fixes coming soon to help the console players out with this kind of problem or are we going to be stuck dealing with this just like our half *** zone inputs which don’t work half the time?

I wish it was but console has kinda been left to itself to handle the light spam. realistically the only way on console to combat it is to change play style against the specific characters. Im losing some hope in the future as well that it will ever get better because the last warrior den they mentioned that they wanted to buff lights. the only way to buff lights is to speed them up, decrease the amount of stamina they take to use or give them more damage and all of those would be a catastrophic to the console communities that still struggle with lightspam. A blanket update that buffs lights hopefully wont happen but if it does then Im guessing there might be a huge push back on console. But that was just talk on warriors den and hopefully just that.

Knight_Raime
03-04-2019, 08:23 PM
It doesn't help that different moves apply a different amount of stun both on block and hit confirm. Even on top of that you can usually guarantee two hits on someone who is unlocked due to how hard the person is stunned. I think it would be less of a problem if things were a bit more standardized and the game actually taught people about this.