PDA

View Full Version : How do I get better?

Donku_For_All
03-04-2019, 08:54 AM
I've put like 200+ hours in across both my console and pc accounts, and yet I never can get better. The helplessness of not being able to guard anything and just getting thrown around tends to enrage and depress me and in the past I've gone through a few controllers, but today alone I went through three top off the line gaming mice, A Logitech g502, a g602, and a razer deathadder elite. someone please help me either get better or help me quit.

Donku_For_All
03-04-2019, 08:58 AM
I main Highlander and I've attempted warden and Vortiger

Solowing_96
03-04-2019, 09:03 AM
you need to be careful because on offensive mode, highlander can't block any attack.

Inzzane_79
03-04-2019, 09:13 AM
What are your main problems?

-Stay calm and donīt rage (I know itīs almost impossible to do that in For Honor but at least try)
-Go into practice mode and learn your character and after that learn matchups. Learn how to use practice mode properly (Setting the bot to do specific things so you can practice against those for example)
-Play against bots first before going into pvp (I still go against bots every now and then to just have fun slaughtering them)
-Practice with Friends (bots are ok to practice against but practicing with a friend is much better, both of you will learn and you can help each other)

What console are you playing on?

Donku_For_All
03-04-2019, 09:21 AM
I am playing on pc right now and thank you, I didn't know yet that you could do a lot of that stuff with the bots.

Inzzane_79
03-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Donīt let yourself get frustrated too much (I know itīs easier said than done). Games should be played to have fun, if youīre not having fun itīs time to take a break and play something else. We have enough stress at work/School we donīt need that in our Hobby :)

If you have questions feel free to ask, we always try to help

rottmeister
03-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Put a big af poster with the text "Don't you dare throw this, I paid good money for this" on the spot where you throw your stuff

Real answer:

Try not to take this game too seriously, I have given up playing to "Git gud" and have been playing casually since I last touched ranked (this was a turning point for me). I've had a lot more fun lately, try not to get angry at dying (even if it was due to some cheesy method). If the opponent spams emote or in text, just laugh bc they most likely got triggered, lol. If that doesn't work, maybe anger management isn't that bad of an idea?

Vakris_One
03-04-2019, 05:50 PM
When is the funeral service for your 3 mice? I would like to pay my respects in particular to the Razer Death Adder.

Kadete93
03-07-2019, 06:05 PM
I like PvP but its true that it can be stressfull.. Playing against AI its what i do when im tyred and just want to chill out.. i can do orders, get exp/rewards, and its really fun

Also playing against bots its usefull to practice with some new char.. its easier than pvp but you can put some effort and try to get, i dont know, 50 kills in a match, or something like that

I think i have improved my playstyle since i started to play against AI (bots only)