PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Rainbow 6

ninjanut33
09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
The truth is that rainbow six is a great game. If it wasn't then it would not be one ot the top 10 online games at 1 point. Now the sad thing is that yet there is a crapload of lag but because of that everybody is saying "oh rainbow six sucks" it doesn't, it's a great game, I think people are just putting it down for lag and playing call of duty, which is also great but I think there should be more hope with gamers.

ninjanut33
09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
The truth is that rainbow six is a great game. If it wasn't then it would not be one ot the top 10 online games at 1 point. Now the sad thing is that yet there is a crapload of lag but because of that everybody is saying "oh rainbow six sucks" it doesn't, it's a great game, I think people are just putting it down for lag and playing call of duty, which is also great but I think there should be more hope with gamers.

Shock.
09-05-2008, 03:11 PM
uhhhh...

game was top 10 because everyone bought it thinking it was going to be a good game....

not many people are saying rainbow six sux, they are saying that vegas 2 does.

and sorry, but its not a "great game"

mediocre at best.

lag is the least of the problems in vegas....

ninjanut33
09-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I agree that their are many problems with the game but I still think that the game was a very good one, it could have been much better if ubisoft bothered to fix the problems with the game.

Want2Snipe
09-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I also agree with you that Rainbow Six is a great game, I would venture out to say one of the Best tactical games in ages.

Vegas 2, on the other hand... is NOT a Rainbow six game! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

neilthecellist
09-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Vegas 2 is a Rainbow Six game?

I didn't know that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

zack991
09-05-2008, 08:18 PM
At this point, i may get flack from people but COD4 has more options that make it much more tactical then Vegas 1 or 2 has been to date.

kornbone
09-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Lag is the least of Vegas 2 problems.

My main problem is the ****ed up weapon stats.

For some reason Ubisucks thinks shotguns are sniper rifles.

Try shooting a shotgun on the wall and you'll see the bullet spread is way too tight, and unlike real shotguns's pellets which spread covering a larger area, on Vegas 2, they don't.

Also, weapons on the hands of terrorist automatically are more lethal.

Try using the 21E and it is complete weak crap, but when the terrorist have it, they can kill you on one shot, when you can't even aiming at the head.

Also add the fact that the cover system is absolutely useless, as an elbow exposure can completely kill get you killed.

The only reason I play this game is terrorist hunt, but I am playing on a very thin formula, which is the original Rainbow Six one.

As far as what Ubisoft has done with this game is shameful.

ninjanut33
09-05-2008, 10:57 PM
kornbone I agree with you that shotguns are sniper rifles. I will be outside the on villa in a firefight with someone who is a good 50 yards from me and they will kill me with a shotty.

ChronicCritic
09-06-2008, 01:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjanut33:
kornbone I agree with you that shotguns are sniper rifles. I will be outside the on villa in a firefight with someone who is a good 50 yards from me and they will kill me with a shotty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A 12 ga shotgun Will mostlikely kill anyone at 50 yards using BB or buck shot, I certainly dont think that Ubisoft would simulate shot gun usage using birdloads.

Want2Snipe
09-06-2008, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChronicCritic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjanut33:
kornbone I agree with you that shotguns are sniper rifles. I will be outside the on villa in a firefight with someone who is a good 50 yards from me and they will kill me with a shotty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A 12 ga shotgun Will mostlikely kill anyone at 50 yards using BB or buck shot, I certainly dont think that Ubisoft would simulate shot gun usage using birdloads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

W/O getting to technical:

If you're naked or wearing a pink camo t-shirt... sure.

If wearing military armor... doubtful! Flesh wound... perhaps.

This is UBI though so... anything in the imagination of a hollywood movie in the devs's head can and will happen.

BOTA-16
09-06-2008, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChronicCritic:

A 12 ga shotgun Will mostlikely kill anyone at 50 yards using BB or buck shot, I certainly dont think that Ubisoft would simulate shot gun usage using birdloads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

50 yards? Maybe 50 ft. Tactical shotguns have shorter barrels which increases their spread and reduces their range. At 50 yards a shotgun is just gonna hurt like hell, but won't kill you.

ChronicCritic
09-06-2008, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
At 50 yards a shotgun is just gonna hurt like hell, but won't kill you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are talking about being body shot while wearing armor I would agree but if you are unarmored or if one of those 60-70 grain lead pellets hits you in the head death is a sure result.

BOTA-16
09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Are you talking about slugs? Completely different story. Slugs are typically used for breaching purposes though.

CyberCam
09-10-2008, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kornbone:

Try shooting a shotgun on the wall and you'll see the bullet spread is way too tight, and unlike real shotguns's pellets which spread covering a larger area, on Vegas 2, they don't.

Try using the 21E and it is complete weak crap, but when the terrorist have it, they can kill you on one shot, when you can't even aiming at the head.

Also add the fact that the cover system is absolutely useless, as an elbow exposure can completely kill get you killed.

The only reason I play this game is terrorist hunt, but I am playing on a very thin formula, which is the original Rainbow Six one.

As far as what Ubisoft has done with this game is shameful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you! I loved the R6 series when Red Storm developed the games. It started out as a third person tactical sim masterpiece and ended up a first person run & gun piece of ****.

For me there is hope though, because I own a ps3 and Socom Confrontation is looking to take over where Red Storm left off. My only fear about that game, is the amount of complainers there are on that forum right now because they want Slant 6 to turn the game into a third person run 'n' gun version of CoD4... I just hope that Slant 6 don't buckle to the pressure of massive run, strife & blaze your gun community!

Stand tall Slant 6!

WhiteKnight77
09-11-2008, 12:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CyberCam:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kornbone:

As far as what Ubisoft has done with this game is shameful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you! I loved the R6 series when Red Storm developed the games. It started out as a third person tactical sim masterpiece and ended up a first person run & gun piece of ****.

For me there is hope though, because I own a ps3 and Socom Confrontation is looking to take over where Red Storm left off. My only fear about that game, is the amount of complainers there are on that forum right now because they want Slant 6 to turn the game into a third person run 'n' gun version of CoD4... I just hope that Slant 6 don't buckle to the pressure of massive run, strife & blaze your gun community!

Stand tall Slant 6! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

R6/RS were first person shooters of the Tac-Sim variety though you could play in 3rd person, but you couldn't hit anything while in 3rd person. It now is a 3rd person run and gun game.

D---Fingers
09-11-2008, 02:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My only fear about that game, is the amount of complainers there are on that forum right now because they want Slant 6 to turn the game into a third person run 'n' gun version of CoD4... I just hope that Slant 6 don't buckle to the pressure of massive run, strife & blaze your gun community! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well, based on the footage of the multiplayer it looks like it is already full run and gun.

even in Socom II, as good as that game was, it just devolved into a contest of who could jig and strafe while spraying the m14 the fastest.