PDA

View Full Version : Software Closed

JetArtois
03-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Hi guys.

Picked up Rising on Switch and experienced quite a few 'The software was closed because an error occurred' moments. These have happened in different parts of the game. One as I finished playing a track central track after the voting screen. Another at the end of a Challenger race as I was about to exit out. Others have happened at the end of races. The sponsor/contract still appears that I've done it when I load the game back up and go back in to the world map.
I can't recall the game closing when I'm actually doing a track/race. It seems to be more when it fades to the smokey/fog screen part that goes to the next screen if that makes sense.

Also picked Trials up on Xbox but haven't played it on that yet so don't know if any crashes happen on that platform.

Ubi-Wusky
03-04-2019, 03:48 AM
Hey there JetArtois!

Would you mind going through a bit of this basic Switch troubleshooting (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/27477/Basic-Nintendo-Switch-Troubleshooting/) and letting me know if this kind of thing improves at all? Sorry for the inconvenience!

JetArtois
03-04-2019, 11:28 PM
Will have a look and let you know :)

HDBeamy
03-05-2019, 05:47 AM
I dont think its just a one off where he is suffering problems and nobody else is as I am having the same issue on switch, I also have on PS4 and that has not crashed yet but the switch version constantly closes

Ubi-Redbeard
03-06-2019, 02:14 PM
@HDBeamy, do you receive an error message at all?

RSB33
03-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Im having an issue when I play certain tracks with the Donkey. I try to do the track Red Steel with the Donkey but as soon as i touch the red steel beams the game crashes. I tried with the other track with the red hot steel beams (cant remember the name) and it crashes on that one as well. Im thinking it has to do with the Donkey catching on fire but im not sure. Wanted to ask if there was anything i could do about this?

JetArtois
03-09-2019, 08:29 AM
@Wusky. Had a look at the the troubleshooting link and it's no help really. Systems always up to date, my internet is fine and I can't try the game in another Switch as is a digital copy.
Can pretty much bet that the software will close when on track central. I'm not sure if it's certain base game tracks that cause it to crash.

@HDBeamy. Glad it's not just my Switch that crashes pal but also sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues.

@Redbeard I've never had never an error code or message code, it just says 'The software closed because an error occurred'. I took a photo and tweeted it to Trialsgames. Not sure how to put a photo from phone on here.

@RSB33 Can't recall any same issues as you pal, but will keep an eye on the track n donkey. Mine may of crashed with the donkey I don't know, I seem to forget where I was when it happened and just swear at the TV. 😄

JetArtois
03-10-2019, 01:32 PM
@RSB33 Yep, tried the Donkey on Red Steel track and as soon as you touch the hot ramp the games closes. Tried a couple of times. 😞

JetArtois
03-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Experienced new issues today!

Body kit on Rhino I've been using won't load up, there's just spinning gear wheel, also on some clothes I've had on.

I haven't got some stadium final races, although I've completed the ones before, there's no final. I thought they would unlock but reading other posts, it's clearly an issue.

One about level 94 now and the last 3 gear crates from leveling up haven't appeared.

The extreme tracks just appeared with no league logo/description thing popping before.

The usual software closures if I use the Donkey on Red Steel and had one on Ever Everest using the Mantis.

JetArtois
03-24-2019, 10:38 PM
The big finals stadium icon hasn't unlocked on Switch. Only noticed that I hadn't got it when I unlocked it on Xbox.

The Trials exhaust thing on the Helium doesn't make a noise either.....is it supposed too?

PepsiCat_85
03-28-2019, 03:37 AM
The crashing error hasn't been a huge problem for me so far, I'm pretty sure it mostly crashes on track central because those tracks can be made on more powerful consoles with less limitations, so when you play them on switch they bug out a little bit. As far as I can tell all these problems we're experiencing is just a classic case of "we had to get a switch port out fast", and hopefully the issues will be fixed in future patches.

LILMYK187
03-28-2019, 06:33 AM
Im having an issue when I play certain tracks with the Donkey. I try to do the track Red Steel with the Donkey but as soon as i touch the red steel beams the game crashes. I tried with the other track with the red hot steel beams (cant remember the name) and it crashes on that one as well. Im thinking it has to do with the Donkey catching on fire but im not sure. Wanted to ask if there was anything i could do about this?

I also would also get" the software has closed because an error occured" during skill games,bomb bouncer,using the DONKEY. But i as well as when playing track central tracks and also when trying to load the game. But sience the trials update on switch came out i only get the error sometimes after playing a track central track. Im sure ubi will fix all of the issues. It is a new game and with all new games comes glitchs and issues. So im sure another game update will fix alot more issues others are experiencing. I called nintendo when i first got the error and i told them i uninstalled n reinstalled, checked for errors and even reformatted my switch. At first the guy said that i might need a repair. But then i waited and checked ubi's and msgd them. And luckely the update came out and it fixed most of the errors i was getting.

JetArtois
04-03-2019, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I understand there's issues with new games, I just post on here to let anyone know. I'm glad (without sounding bad) that it's not just me and my Switch was faulty or something.
I didn't realize there was an update, mine must of don't it without me seeing it. I had noticed the Xbox one had had an update as Rising was in the recently updated list.
Saying that, I don't think my Switch has closed the software in a while, but then again I haven't tried TC on it or the Donkey on the fire steel track.
I've still played Rising on Switch more than Xbox, so all these bugs and glitches haven't put me off :)

Ubi-Raziel
04-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Hello everyone!

We have tried reproducing this issue but have not been successful so far. We've tested multiple times and are not experiencing any crashing issues.

We had a patch earlier today, here are the patch notes: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2034875-Patch-Notes-April-Update-Thursday-April-11th

Please confirm if you're still experiencing frequent crashes and provide as much information as possible.

HazMath78
04-13-2019, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone !

I just bought the game today, thanks Ubisoft for the sale on the eShop, and the game crashes most of the time just after the Switch splash screen that appear once I click on the game icon, showing the famous The software has closed because an error occured message. And when the game finally starts, the title screen remains black with the Press any button prompt.

Well, this is really annoying...

JetArtois
05-08-2019, 09:53 AM
@Ubi Raziel Track Central is still a crash site. Couple of Twitter friends also experience it.
Sometimes it might load a track up, I play it, then it will crash going back to TC menu.
Sometimes the game will crash/close on the menu whilst looking for a track.
Tend to play TC on Xbox now as sick of the software closing every time on Switch.
I've still not tried the donkey on the fire steel track since the update, keep forgetting.

I too have had the black title screen but its back to normal now.

Frqnt4ager
08-08-2019, 05:19 AM
Not sure how I missed this thread, but the crashing thing is still an issue. I get it a lot of times right before the 1st match in mp, but have had it happen on many occasions. Glad to know it's not just my game.

Ubi-Raziel
08-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone !

I just bought the game today, thanks Ubisoft for the sale on the eShop, and the game crashes most of the time just after the Switch splash screen that appear once I click on the game icon, showing the famous The software has closed because an error occured message. And when the game finally starts, the title screen remains black with the Press any button prompt.

Well, this is really annoying...

Hello, I'm sorry for not seeing your post earlier. Considering you're experiencing crashing immediately the game may not have installed properly, so I'd have to recommend a re-installation. We also have an FAQ which may help: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000027477/

@Ubi Raziel Track Central is still a crash site. Couple of Twitter friends also experience it.
Sometimes it might load a track up, I play it, then it will crash going back to TC menu.
Sometimes the game will crash/close on the menu whilst looking for a track.
Tend to play TC on Xbox now as sick of the software closing every time on Switch.
I've still not tried the donkey on the fire steel track since the update, keep forgetting.

I too have had the black title screen but its back to normal now.

Have you noticed any pattern in Track Central that causes crashes, such as a particular asset or effect?

Considering we have been unsuccessful to reproduce crashing issues so far, we need to gather as much information as possible.

Thank you for your help!

Not sure how I missed this thread, but the crashing thing is still an issue. I get it a lot of times right before the 1st match in mp, but have had it happen on many occasions. Glad to know it's not just my game.

Hello. Please do the best you can to review if the crashes happen after a particular action, or on a particular page.

We're trying to gather specific details for our production team to test further. Thank you!

Frqnt4ager
08-08-2019, 05:40 PM
I'll try to explain all the things I've noticed about the crashing. You can also review my support ticket, 09239706, in case I miss something here and as there are a couple other bugs I mention throughout the conversation.

It happens a lot when I go to start the game, but I think it may be from something left over after closing the game. It didn't really start doing it during the game until I started doing mp (played for awhile without having nintendo online but still connected with ubi account). Now that I'm playing online it'll happen right before the first match, enough to that's when I expect it most. We'll choose track, pick a bike and then the software will be closed right before the match starts. I'll try and pay closer attention, but I want to say it maybe happens when the music changes tracks. There has been a couple times that it happened on round 2 or 3, but really only a couple. The crash also seems to occur after leaving mp, directly going to world map and racing on the track that was just raced in round 3. Most of the time when you go to world map from the main screen it has you hovered over the beginner track, but after playing mp it'll have you hovered at the track from round 3. If I try to race this track, sometimes it'll do the same thing where I can choose bike but then the game is closed right before the track loads. There are also times where I can tell the game has crashed even though the software hasn't been closed yet. Either when I beat my score and it doesn't register on the leaderboards or when I can't find any matches in mp I know the game isn't working anymore. I know that there are times when I won't find matches, but sometimes it's like way too dead for that time of day. The world map still has new records popping up during both those situations, so I'm still connected and receiving that info. If I close the game and try to reopen it I'll get the "The software was closed because an error occurred" right between the Switch logo screen and the warning screen about seizures, or even get the black screen that makes me restart my console followed by a couple "software closed" like mentioned.

This is all I can think of at the moment, but if I noticed anything else or think of something not mentioned I'll add to this post. Hope this helps

edit: Just remembered that the game was closed on me a couple of times when I've tried to go into the editor immediately after leaving mp. .. This is a lil off topic, but while I have it on my mind I'd like to mention that I don't see my customized bikes on the choose bike screen. I noticed on youtube that it's supposed to show the customized version and not the default. Not a big deal, but would be cool to see that.

edit: Had it happen a moment ago so figured I'd describe while still fresh in my head. .. Was playing mp and just got done a couple good races. Went to race again and there wasn't anyone there. Waited for a lil and then went over to check the leaderboards. All I got was a loading wheel that kept spinning. Closed the game and tried to open it again, but the screen went black and I had to restart the switch. It took me 3 times before the game would start. The first 2 attempts, after restarting, did the "software was closed".

edit: Just occurred again after leaving mp (searching for session) and then trying to race on the world map. This time it happened when I went to Happy Camper. The screen went to "software was closed" right before the track loaded. The game did start on the first attempt this time after being closed.

edit (9:05pm est, the other 2 happened late last night): Got done playing a track in tc and, when finished, went to view leaderboards for that track. Got the spinning loading wheel so backed out and continued. Backed out to main page and the 4 games under Digging with Doc were visible, but underneath them was another spinning loading wheel. Closed game and went to reopen, but got the black screen again and had to restart console. Took me 3 times again to get the game started as the first 2 attempts were "software was closed"

Frqnt4ager
08-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Just got a vid of a crashing situation and "software was closed". It happened when I finished a track, beating my score, and didn't have the time show up on the leaderboards. I don't have a youtube account, so plz pm me and let me know who I should mail this to.

edit: 30 min later and it crashed again. This time it happened right before the 1st round in mp. Went strait to the "software was closed" screen right after the loading screen, where the riders are posing.