PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding PS4 database does absolutely nothing to improve performance.

Tigerriot
03-02-2019, 08:16 PM
The Ubisoft support team regularly recommend rebuilding your PS4 database as a first response to complaints about frame rate or general performance issues. I strongly suspected this was not going to solve the issues people are complaining about as Iíve seen the problems mentioned for almost every platform Trials Rising is on.

Today out of pure frustration with the regular stutters, frame rate drops, and even momentary pauses in game I decided to give the rebuilding process a shot.

I first deleted Trials Rising from my hard drive. I followed the steps to rebuild my PS4 Pro database, which took about 15 minutes. I then re-downloaded Trials Rising.

Iím still seeing the exact same problems in the exact same spots on various tracks. Nothing has changed. The most frustrating part is the complete lack of communication on these issues. Itís 2019 and RedLynx have a multitude of ways to communicate with their customers that they intend to fix these issues. If youíre going to ship a game in this state the least you can do is let people know youíre aware of the issues and they will be fixed.

JolanXBL
03-04-2019, 07:26 AM
You have to take into account each person's internet connection, where there are in the world, their service providers connection, the system they're running, how old the system is and other things.

On my end, I can connect to any multiplayer game. However trying to connect to Communities, the PSN store, or even sending someone a message can return a connection error despite working fine on the phone app. My PlayStation simply does not like my network :/.

Deleting the game, backing up and deleting the saves, and other various tweaks are simply universal steps anyone can do in determining a cause of a problem.

Tigerriot
03-04-2019, 01:16 PM
You have to take into account each person's internet connection, where there are in the world, their service providers connection, the system they're running, how old the system is and other things.

On my end, I can connect to any multiplayer game. However trying to connect to Communities, the PSN store, or even sending someone a message can return a connection error despite working fine on the phone app. My PlayStation simply does not like my network :/.

Deleting the game, backing up and deleting the saves, and other various tweaks are simply universal steps anyone can do in determining a cause of a problem.

Nothing in my post mentioned networking issues.