PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card problem and terrible frame tearing

benjie44
03-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Hey guys I have a few problems with how the game works at the moment.

The game wont accept my better graphics card. I have one integrated but also a Gforce 950m. But it wont use the latter. There is a fix for this problem. Which is to disable the integrated graphics card when playing the game. If you do this it will automatically switch to the better one. But this brings me to the other problem. When i disable the integrated graphics card the game has terrible frame tearing. And a fix for this is to play the game in full screen. But thanks to the disabled integrated card i cant play in full screen. Its locked in borderless.

So yea... One solution brings another problem and vice versa.

Specs are:
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M
Integrated card: Intel(R) HD graphics 530
Processor: Intel core i7-6700HQ (2.60ghz, 2.59ghz)
RAM: 8 gig

I know its not the best rig. But i should be able to play this game on at least medium graphics. Right?

Game does seem a lot of fun and I really want to play it...

MrGRiMv25
03-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Have you tried opening the Nvidia control panel and making a custom profile for Trials Rising? You can set things like vsync and performance modes in there which might help - it's under the "manage 3d settings" section.

benjie44
03-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Have you tried opening the Nvidia control panel and making a custom profile for Trials Rising? You can set things like vsync and performance modes in there which might help - it's under the "manage 3d settings" section.

Yea i tried that way to force the game to use the good graphics card. But that also doesnt work. It kinda ignores what I put in the nvidia control panel

Szymciacho
03-03-2019, 12:10 AM
Have you tried running the game in Borderless mode? I had horrible tearing in Fullscreen mode.

benjie44
03-03-2019, 08:06 AM
Have you tried running the game in Borderless mode? I had horrible tearing in Fullscreen mode.

Yea its locked on borderless. I read somewhere that you can get rid of the tearing by going fullscreen. But yea maybe that isnt true then. But either way I can't change those settings because of the disabled Intel hd graphics card

Ubi-Raziel
03-08-2019, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone,

We are aware that some laptop users are having trouble with Trials Rising using the dedicated GPU, there is an investigation ongoing.

I don't have any other workaround other than what has already been suggested at this time.

The issue was also reported here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2002178-low-fps-problem-and-SOLUTION

We hope to have more info shortly!