PDA

View Full Version : prejudice against Normandy Niem wing

jugent
11-29-2004, 05:49 AM
If you change a squad flying in any plane from russian to the french squad Normandy Niem, the french squad performs much worse than the russians.

Was this historically correct,is it a bug or does the maddox-team have anything against this squad?

To try this; set up a QMB difficulty realism, two hurricanes field model and a normal russian squad and fly.
Change the russian squad to Normandy Niem and se how they fly.
It has happend five times in a row so it cant be random.

jugent
11-29-2004, 05:49 AM
If you change a squad flying in any plane from russian to the french squad Normandy Niem, the french squad performs much worse than the russians.

Was this historically correct,is it a bug or does the maddox-team have anything against this squad?

To try this; set up a QMB difficulty realism, two hurricanes field model and a normal russian squad and fly.
Change the russian squad to Normandy Niem and se how they fly.
It has happend five times in a row so it cant be random.

Bearcat99
11-29-2004, 06:02 AM
I think the AI level is set by you at the plane level. I dont think it is skin dependent. Or nation dependent.

The_Ant
11-29-2004, 06:12 AM
Must be a bug ingame.

In WW-2 The Normandie/Nemien was bestowed the the titel Nemien by the russian after the battle near nemien.After the war the french wear allowed to return to france with their yak 9s from a gratefull sovietunion,The Normandie/Nemien group was credited with 297 Airkills.

jugent
11-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Yes I know that the Normandy Niemen got quite a reputation after the war, especially because they favoured the russian planes instead of the anglo/american.

According to the dependencies of the skin and nation dependencies; You describe how it should be, but sometimes one suspecs that things are not the way they should be, and that is why I have started this thread, to get an answer or if its a bug, hopefully someone corrects it.

I suggest that you test my description of how you set up a test, and try it out for yourself.