PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Cheat and Aura Sync

JaredCue
03-01-2019, 04:17 PM
TD2/Ubi anti-cheat software is recognizing lightingservice.exe as dangerous enough to the integrity of fair gaming to restrict ASUS ROG MB PC's from playing TD2 - at least in my case. I understand that my red RGB lighting will make me hyper vigilant and therefore much more dangerous in game but I submit for your review the argument that an angry gamer is only a threat to his/her keyboard, screen, and nearby hecklers. You may owe it to the world to do your part to protect those devices and the innocent by-standers but I counter that such a problem is mine to own and be accountable for. Now, the by-standers do represent a more ethically difficult conundrum so while you consider this I will shut my door and ensure I'm alone before launching TD2 if you could please consider letting me play my game while enjoying the performance enhancing effects of this gorgeous RGB set up.

Best Regards,

Me.

BeerChug
03-01-2019, 06:02 PM
I'm also prevented from launching the game because of ASUS's lightingservice.exe running at startup. I need to kill this process each time I restart my computer or I see an "Access Denied" error message. Please fix this!

Thanks! Cheers!

flashtu
03-01-2019, 06:31 PM
I report this since the closed privat beta but they dont care about this kind of error.
if it doesnt happen on every pc its not prio. for them i think wie will have to deal with
this forever like the dx12 bug in division 1.

Vykentijs
03-01-2019, 09:50 PM
i have the same problem with gigabyte rgb fusion 2,0 . please fix this! thx

jojima
03-02-2019, 04:57 AM
EasyAntiCheat is also detecting ASUS's LightingService.exe and preventing Division 2 Beta from launching. Killing the lightingservice.exe process lets D2 launch. The process is just ASUS's RGB lighting control. I'm using an ASUS B450 motherboard. Hopefully this gets fixed for full release.

Thanks!

Hodgy.1971
03-12-2019, 03:03 AM
This is still a problem in the early realease..

Uninstalled Aura so I could play..

Imagine_Brata
03-12-2019, 11:44 PM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889314-Game-Security-Violation-Detected-(-0000000D)-LightingService-exe

Imagine_Brata
03-12-2019, 11:49 PM
here is a lightingservice.exe fix

Hey there everybody!

For anybody who has been experiencing this issue with Asus ROG Aura Sync, it is resolved in Aura Sync Utility version 1.07.35 and later.
Please be sure to download and install the latest version of the software, and you should be good to go!

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889314-Game-Security-Violation-Detected-(-0000000D)-LightingService-exe/page3

Baaliefiy
03-15-2019, 03:09 PM
It's not though. I have version 1.07.36 and still get the error.

Bambihunter1971
03-15-2019, 10:23 PM
Yeah, it still exists. I have to manually kill it for FC5, and this game. I went as far as creating tickets simultaneously with Asus, UBI, and EAC. I figured I could help get a dialog started between the companies to resolve it. EAC says it is because the application isn't signed. Asus says they aren't going to bother with getting it signed because they change it. I say if they would just fix it the first time, they wouldn't have to keep changing it. UBI just says it isn't their fault since it is the other two companies. While I see they have nothing over Asus, they do have some type of business relationship with EAC or it wouldn't be in their game so they could in fact put some pressure on them to do something.

Not really because of this, but I feel EAC is kind of like McAfee anti-virus. It doesn't detect or block anything. In McAfee's case, even remotely like a virus, but heaven forbid if you want to uninstall something legitimately. Somewhere I have a screenshot of it having a 'fake alert' virus pop-up on screen, while the completed scan says nothing found, while it is blocking an uninstall due to virus-like activities.

miksaa96
04-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Still not fixed :(

flashtu
04-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Still not fixed :(
Meine works now with the latest Version of the Aura sync

JoHnNy-K9
04-03-2019, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't say that they don't care but rather with the game just being released and the amount of bug fixes and balance changes needed this just isint a priority right now and understandably so, especially considering that you can easily solve this yourselves at a minor inconvenience atm.

Seamastergmt
05-17-2019, 05:47 AM
I have Aura 1.07.60 and still have issues with starting Div 2
Had to uninstall Aura...

hackbear
06-24-2019, 07:47 AM
I do not understand why users who use games should be uncomfortable.
Anti-Cheat, the source of the problem, needs to solve this problem.
Why does Anti-Cheat only cause this problem?
There is no reason for users to be inconvenienced by stopping and restarting LightingService every time they play.
I want the LED to work normally even when playing games.