PDA

View Full Version : Diversionist Rework

PerseusKane
03-01-2019, 03:45 PM
When the Ghost War operators were being announced, Diversionist was the one I was particularly excited for. Not only is it useless at its job, but its used for another OP purpose. I have two fix ideas.

First, I do have to say pinging ruins the gameplay. Whether spectating or droning the fact is there is a mark system and if the drone didn't get a mark then that should stand. Pinging should only work while pointing your gun.

Now, fix 1 would change the drone's ability so it would immitate the gun the user is carrying and wouldn't limit it to short bursts. The player would have total freedom to shoot. The pinging should be changed for this fix.

Fix 2 would give it a regular drone with no abilities that shows up on the HUD and diversion grenades that simulate gunfire.

D-from-Oxford
03-01-2019, 04:00 PM
I always thought the Diversionist should have Lure nades. Just like Tech should have EMP nades, Guerilla should have Smoke nades and Toxic should have Tear Gas nades.

What makes sense to us apparently doesn't make sense to Ubi though, for some unfathomable reason. It's as if the community has a better head for tactical shooters than the devs.

fastastoast
03-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Aaaagh, there is gun shots coming from the sky.... I'm so diverted right now.

WARB0RG
03-02-2019, 06:43 PM
I've always thought this class was not what it said on the tin. Also, the 'ability' does nothing more than confirm that your team has "The Stealth Scout" on it.

nga-chairman
03-05-2019, 12:09 AM
Does depend how you use it though... If your a noob flying it 300 meters in the air then that ******ed.

It does however work if you are over 100 away and the drone is low and you use it properly. I have used it a few times and its worked. I think the best change would be to give it an R4 or MDR sort of sound, And allow the user to use it like a trigger, Single shot or hold it for full clip fire. The sound is too unique to the drone which is the biggest issue.

WARB0RG
03-05-2019, 06:31 PM
The sound is too unique to the drone which is the biggest issue.
This.

YaBoiRoy49
03-05-2019, 08:46 PM
I think this is a very useful class if used correctly. I'll first point out what I don't like about the class; the fake gun sound is useless and should never be used because I feel the best weapon for the diversions drone is for the other team not to know you exist. The drone itself should be used to spot enemies for your teammates and give the enemy the false sense that they think they weren't spotted. Sort of like when the stalker marks someone. If I ever know the other team has a diversionist I play the map a little different. I like nag-chairman's idea about controlling the fire rate to make it less fake.
On another note I think the drones need to be changed. Since there are so many drones now, I think only the scout drone should be able to mark, and I think the diversionist drone should be the only drone with thermals. All the other drones should not be able to mark or have thermals. I think that would take some power away from drones and make it so they're aren't over used like I've seen recently.

UbiInsulin
03-05-2019, 10:23 PM
As you guys have said: the Diversionist is very different in practice from what it is on paper. This has been the case since the beginning. However, it is useful in its current form. Whether it's useful to the point of being OP I'm less sure about (feel free to comment).

I think this is a very useful class if used correctly. I'll first point out what I don't like about the class; the fake gun sound is useless and should never be used because I feel the best weapon for the diversions drone is for the other team not to know you exist. The drone itself should be used to spot enemies for your teammates and give the enemy the false sense that they think they weren't spotted. Sort of like when the stalker marks someone. If I ever know the other team has a diversionist I play the map a little different. I like nag-chairman's idea about controlling the fire rate to make it less fake.
On another note I think the drones need to be changed. Since there are so many drones now, I think only the scout drone should be able to mark, and I think the diversionist drone should be the only drone with thermals. All the other drones should not be able to mark or have thermals. I think that would take some power away from drones and make it so they're aren't over used like I've seen recently.

Drone marking was nerfed in the last patch (it now takes 1.3 seconds instead of 0.5). Please let us know if this change impacts the situation. :)

nga-chairman
03-05-2019, 10:44 PM
The marking duration moved to 1.3 is great.
Maybe change the divvy sound as mentioned, Make it sound like an R4 or MDR or something and allow users to hold for full fire or single shot etc.
Tech needs a fully auto assault rifle though - Only assault class without it. Could you please pass this on to the DEVS Ubilnsulin

SamuraiGunman
03-09-2019, 02:28 AM
With the Tech all you need to make him better is 2-4x scopes for the MK1 like the acog or digital scope7, then it would be a semi-marksman class. With the diversionist, instead of the drone giving off the noise directly give it a magazine of decoys it can shoot out (similar to sapper) that will make movement or random gun sounds. Also allow it to trick detection abilities like the scout movement ping or the echelon and vanguard, give off false positives.Then you could actually have a decent counter for both of those classes and still be effective at causing diversions.
I think diversionist is among the best classes but also one of the least rewarding in terms of earning xp. Having a decent diversionist giving call outs with thermal vision is the best scouting option in the game period, but they could be directly responsible for winning the game and get no earned xp, just the time spent and win bonus.
On the subject of thermal i think it should be removed as a perk and just added to drones alone, but when thermal vision is active the drone drains batteries at an greater rate. So you have the option of having the drone up longer without thermals, or thermals but not up as long. This would also free up other perks to use for support classes and encourage different styles of play.