PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Dominion and Ranked Brawl. Wherefore art thou?

Vakris_One
02-28-2019, 11:20 PM
It's high time those two modes were added into Ranked in my opinion. It's been a long time since ranked modes first appeared and we're well clear of calling ranked a "beta" at this point regardless of it still saying "beta" in the game, which is a hilarious misuse of the term. Are the devs working on adding these modes to ranked and do they have an ETA they can share?

Also I might as well use this opportunity to suggest two things when/if we ever get ranked Dominion and Brawl:

1) Revenge should be disabled in ranked Brawl so you can have better and more exciting 2v2s.

2) Ranked Dominion could have single pick because that would appeal to a lot of players who want to play a single pick 4v4 mode. And it would help the matchmaking times for ranked Dominion if it can offer something unique to draw players to it.

atac56
03-01-2019, 03:06 AM
revenge should be limited if not completely removed in ranked dominion as well for the stats to matter and to have a difference experience in my opinion. in regular dominion too many fights end with someone in revenge mode.

Vakris_One
03-01-2019, 01:50 PM
revenge should be limited if not completely removed in ranked dominion as well for the stats to matter and to have a difference experience in my opinion. in regular dominion too many fights end with someone in revenge mode.
I strongly disagree with removing or limiting revenge in a team mode. That would just allow for a deathball meta where if you get isolated you'll just get bash stunned and CCed to death. It would kill off ranked Dominion and nobody would touch it.

Tyrjo
03-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Ranked Brawl sounds like something that could be really fun. The question is if it should have a solo queue or only allow pre made teams? The matchmaking will probably be more accurate if you only would allow pre made teams.

atac56
03-01-2019, 05:41 PM
I strongly disagree with removing or limiting revenge in a team mode. That would just allow for a deathball meta where if you get isolated you'll just get bash stunned and CCed to death. It would kill off ranked Dominion and nobody would touch it.

I think a ranked version of a playlist should inspire more teamwork than the social version, which limiting revenge would definitely do. without limiting revenge ranked dominion wouldn't be played any different than non ranked dominion. i wouldn't expect it to get played as much as social dominion simply because its ranked, thats just the nature of gaming. ranked playlists are where the hardcore full squads play. plus revenge is just too prominent in this game for a rank and stats to really mean anything

EvoX.
03-01-2019, 09:18 PM
It seems to me like they're scrapping ranked. Dominion got removed, tournaments disappeared without anyone knowing why, no Season 9 ornaments...

Ranked Brawl will be one of the last things they do.