PDA

View Full Version : Problem launching JD2019 with an internet connection

jesantalc0610
02-28-2019, 11:05 PM
Hello there

I have a problem to play Just Dance 2019 on my Nintendo Switch with an internet connection on. I have multiple users registered on my Nintendo Switch and since yesterday I'm not able to play the game with the user that I've always used to.

I launch the game with my regular user profile and connected to a wifi network. The game loads until the screen that says "Press A to start". When I press the A button, an error message pops up saying "The software was closed because an error ocurred" and the game closes. However, if I launch the game without being connected to the internet, it goes fine but the moment I pick a song from the Unlimited List, the error happens again and the games closes.

With the other user profiles registered on my Nintendo Switch, this problem doesn't happen. Please help me

ZappyTurtle4182
03-01-2019, 09:34 AM
I have the same exact problem with my Nintendo Switch. I Already made a complaint and until now, it still is not resolved.

Annamae86
03-01-2019, 07:38 PM
I have the same exact problem with my Nintendo Switch. I Already made a complaint and until now, it still is not resolved.

Same :(

Jeberl
03-02-2019, 09:16 AM
I have the exact same problem. The game crashes, when starting. This didn't happen a week ago, when I played it last.
It definitely has nothing to do with different users/profiles on the Switch - because I only have one.
However, not being connected to the WIFI actually helps. Game will start then. However ... without WIFI a lot of songs are missing ... of course...

Please fix this SOON!

jesantalc0610
03-02-2019, 04:48 PM
I have the exact same problem. The game crashes, when starting. This didn't happen a week ago, when I played it last.
It definitely has nothing to do with different users/profiles on the Switch - because I only have one.
However, not being connected to the WIFI actually helps. Game will start then. However ... without WIFI a lot of songs are missing ... of course...

Please fix this SOON!

That's exactly what happened to me. I played JD just a week ago and everything was OK. I contact Ubisoft Support and they told me to do some Internet connection changes but the problem is still there. I want Ubisoft help me to solve this because I paid for an Unlimited 3 month subscription and I don't want to lose my money. :(

Jeberl
03-02-2019, 06:00 PM
How did you contact them? Through the Switch?
I thought the forum here might be enough?

jesantalc0610
03-02-2019, 07:23 PM
How did you contact them? Through the Switch?
I thought the forum here might be enough?

I went here: https://support.ubi.com/en-US and I created a ticket explaining everything. They answered me telling me to do some internet connection changes but those didn't work at all. If you contact them and they give you a solution, please let us know. Thanks

DiNardo174
03-04-2019, 06:25 PM
I'm also unable to load up the game and getting the same error message. Mine was working a week ago as well. It has to have been something they did in an update. Please fix this Ubisoft!

UbiGabrinth
03-06-2019, 01:30 AM
Please let me know if this issue is still happening!

jesantalc0610
03-06-2019, 01:36 AM
Please let me know if this issue is still happening!

Hi there.
I just saw that an update was released for the game today and it fixed the problem because now I'm able to join the World Dance Floor again, as well as the Unlimited songs. Thanks Ubisoft

UbiGabrinth
03-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Great! Thanks for letting us know. If anyone is still having the issue, please reach out. :)

Baradyn
03-15-2019, 08:35 PM
Well, we still have this issue despite the update, despite redownloading the whole game to the switch again. Nothing helps.
It's a bit infuriating as our subscriptions is wasted this way...Any suggestions?

mharrison27
03-15-2019, 09:00 PM
I’m having this issue too . I don’t see any updates being pushed to my system .?

kickincarle
03-16-2019, 12:42 AM
Just Dance no longer works on my Switch since signing up for the unlimited service. I signed up for it on March 3rd and I am still unable to play the game. I want it fixed and my service canceled because I am not paying for a service that doesn't work.

fecnek
03-16-2019, 07:56 PM
We wanted to play with my family but right now the game crashes if I am using it with Internet. There is no internet error - if I switched the Airplane mode on, I can start the game and then if I switch it off and try to connect to the online services of Ubisoft, the game shows an error message saying Ubisoft server is not available this time. After the second try, it crashes and I cannot restart it, just if I switch on the Airplane mode again. It seems to me that some kind of error handling is missing or can be improved.

Ubi-RealDude
03-17-2019, 11:33 PM
Hey everyone. I'll be sure to pass along this issue along to the team.
If you are still running into connectivity issues, please submit a ticket to Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New) and they'll do their best to help you figure out a solution to the problem.

fecnek
03-18-2019, 04:17 PM
If you are still running into connectivity issues, please submit a ticket to Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New) and they'll do their best to help you figure out a solution to the problem.

Thank you, I raised the support ticket already. I can see that they are working on it and I do hope there will be a solution very soon. Unfortunately, this way we do have some limitations and cannot use the otherwise brilliant features. :( We look forward to a positive outcome.

fecnek
03-19-2019, 08:30 PM

Can you please contact someone who can help? I am still facing the same issues and I just received a standard email redirecting me to your FAQ pages - to try again what I did and reported before. So I am disappointed now - and cannot use your product I paid for.

Kaleyrah
03-20-2019, 05:22 PM
I also have the exact same trouble described up there. I hope it's going to be fixed soon ! :(

DJSakura2019
03-20-2019, 07:13 PM
We'll see when I get home tonight, but I had a super unhappy 6 year old who couldn't play the game yesterday due to this issue.

It won't even work for me offline. I turned the switch on, removed cartridge, replaced and turned back on. I checked for corrupted data. I deleted and reinstalled. Checked
internet settings. Hell I even double checked I had enough memory for the game.

NONE of it worked... pretty frustrated at this point.

UbiMorning
03-21-2019, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone! If you've already tried these steps (Switch (https://support.ubi.com/en-AU/Faqs/000031036/Connectivity-issues-in-Just-Dance-on-Nintendo-Switch-JD2018/) / XB1 (https://support.ubi.com/en-AU/Faqs/000031035/Connectivity-issues-in-Just-Dance-on-Xbox-One/) / PS4 (https://support.ubi.com/en-AU/Faqs/000031032/Connectivity-issues-in-Just-Dance-on-PS4-JD2018/)), when you go to submit a ticket (support.ubi.com/Cases/New) please include a screenshot of your port forwarding steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000024619/How-do-I-open-required-ports-on-my-router). This allows us to verify the ports were done correctly, and pass information on to the JD team for their investigation.

Baradyn
03-21-2019, 08:35 PM
I really don't think this is a "connectivity issue" as the game crashes in my case. Upon checking the switch error log it says that I have to update the software to the latest version. Obviously it's the latest version, and deleting/redownloading/corrupt data checking doesn't help resolve the issue. Can include the screenshot from the switch log if that helps.

UPDATE: as of today (25th March), it is working again. Whatever was done, thank you!