PDA

View Full Version : Saves being deleted, "Ninja" game mode scores bugged

ZZZZZZach
02-28-2019, 09:22 PM
Hey, myself and a few others I know have been encountering these issues since release. I have 3 saves of the track I'm currently working on, and when I exit the editor, about half the time 1 or 2 of them have been deleted (not all 3, just 1 or 2). Luckily I'm on PC so backing them up on a flash drive isn't difficult, but on console I could see this being very dangerous. I haven't heard of someone losing all of their saves, just one or a couple of their backups, same as me.

"Ninja" game mode medal scores seem to be bugged in the editor (maybe showing up as skill game medal scores?) causing the leaderboards to display incorrectly once the track is released.

Both of these are pretty significant bugs, hope they get fixed as soon as possible.

MaiiDeN
03-02-2019, 02:51 AM
i second this. this needs fixing asap along with the bug were if you pass a ninja track above a certain time your score wont save to the leaderboards. this is game breaking and needs fixing asap pls :)

I The Hojo
03-02-2019, 03:44 AM
Any time you close the game and load the editor back up, a random number of saves will just be deleted. Please look into this asap.

mrjorts
03-02-2019, 07:29 AM
Just opened the editor and the skill game I was working on is gone :(

SaneThe Legend
03-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Same Thing Here On Ps4 & Xbox One, Since I Do Heavy Logic It's pretty bad when Losing it, It was Rare in Fusion & it happened to just only 2 of my maps, But here it's really bad Needs to be fixed ! I always save like 4 copies, But sometimes I lose 3 in a row ! If It doesn't get fixed soon And one of my maps get deleted I'm making a rant video about it sorry redlynx saved data lost in game is just bad & it will make people stop building ! Same Thing Happened In Halo 5 Level Editor and it lost 75% of it's builders !

Daveb_2342
03-02-2019, 07:11 PM
I lost my track too. Yesterday I thought one of my other saves had disappeared but I figured I must have deleted it as it was just for messing about with physics. Now today when I go to load the track I am working on it's not there.

Needless to say that's very discouraging. If I bother making another one I guess I'll have to make several different saves and hope they don't disappear too.

SaneThe Legend
03-04-2019, 03:12 AM
For Now Just Saves In groups I think it saves for sure, But tracks will all delete itself for whatever reason doesn't matter how many copies you save, everytime you exit the game it will delete a random track you built it's soooooooooo stupid, FIX IT NOW RedLynx ! That should the first bug to FIX, Then others can wait ! Just gonna 100% the Games now instead of building !

AM0RPHOUS
03-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Needs fixing asap.

fleskeknoke
03-04-2019, 11:49 AM
same thing here, lost my track. i have now 3 different saves after i startet all over again, but it takes away the joy of building when you are afraid that everything might be lost next time you load up the editor. It's also impossible to overwrite a track with a new difficulty level for some reason.

Smeghead89
03-05-2019, 09:25 PM
The same thing is happening with the customization items in single player, whenever I load trials back up my rider and bike customizations have gone.

This game obviously has a lot of repair work to be done

XxGATORMANIAxX
03-06-2019, 05:59 AM
If your on pc I found a work around. Iv before I exit the game when im done or exiting the editor I back up the savegames folder anywhere else. If it deletes saves then just close game and then copy in the backup folder then launch the game. worked every time so far.

SaneThe Legend
03-09-2019, 10:00 AM
If Can Manage Your Saves on consoles With A USB Drive you could be in luck, But some consoles doesn't even allow for that or let's you individually select each save files in game saves, So Need To Be FIXed I say It Again ! This is the first Big To FIX Then Favorites Because it involves Game Saves, Which Is The Most Important In Game Development ! It appears saves that were deleted come back every now and then, So there hidden from view & unselectable | via the game's code should be FIXed, But it always keep 1 save per map, When started from the 2 Track Spawn Points or it will hide itself, Why ? Not coded correctly ! Apon Game Exit or Apon Game Started | Also Game Difficulty & Date Created Are hidden as well, Also SkillGame Instructions Menu Is Not There So Add that even it's not relatable to this topic !

kojibo
03-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Hello!

I'm playing on PS4 (std), and have also experienced this crushing bug.

It's really unfortunate, hope they can fix it.

Waistless
03-12-2019, 02:37 PM
I found what is likely the main culprit - save overwriting track files has a chance of deleting a random track file. To workaround, DO NOT save overwrite track files until this is fixed, use Save As New, manual delete appears to work fine.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2010225-PC-EDITOR-Update-on-vanishing-tracks?p=14017730&viewfull=1#post14017730

Cross posting as this is the highest post thread on this sub-board on this issue.

Kushland604
03-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Lost another track im done

fleskeknoke
03-12-2019, 08:28 PM
TC is a horrible mess and 5 out of 7 files was deleted on my xbox yesterday,
I just rushed out a Helium track i was working on and of course it got published with wrong difficulty level....

... was this game not tested before release?

Kushland604
03-14-2019, 01:17 AM
This seems to be working THANK YOU SO MUCH RANDOM GUY ON FORUM.

Why is some random guy DOING A BETTER JOB THEN. ALL OF THE SUPPORT TEAM?

Still no reply from support

fleskeknoke
03-14-2019, 08:22 AM
whats strange is that some things works for some ppl and not for others..
Some ppl say that saving from within the trackmanager menu works regarding the difficulty setting,
but saving from the main-editor menu dont..... this doesnt do anything for me, all my difficulty are empty (one random file says medium)

I have tried saving as new, with new name and not overwriting for the last couple days,
at least this seems to keep my files as they are still there after several restarts on/off on the xbox the last 48 hours.

fleskeknoke
03-14-2019, 08:36 AM
^ 24 hours *

Nano_Torb
03-14-2019, 07:19 PM
I found what is likely the main culprit - save overwriting track files has a chance of deleting a random track file. To workaround, DO NOT save overwrite track files until this is fixed, use Save As New, manual delete appears to work fine.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2010225-PC-EDITOR-Update-on-vanishing-tracks?p=14017730&viewfull=1#post14017730

Cross posting as this is the highest post thread on this sub-board on this issue.
Thanks for the tip dude, this might have saved me a lot of headaches