PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Switches, Question about Profile Synchronisation

Kadji100
02-28-2019, 07:57 AM
Hello there,

So I have 2 Switches in my Household. I have bought the game on my "main" Switch and also downloaded it to my second Switch for family game sharing (following the official endorsed way as described on Nintendo's website).

Both Switches are logged into my Ubisoft Club Account and Cloud Backup Saves are turned off (it is not supported by this game).

Now while the Player Profile seems to get synchronized between consoles through the Ubisoft Club Account (at least from a quick look at my Level) the "Story progress" does not seem to get Synchronized (on my second Switch I only had the first track unlocked while beeing Level 10+ on my profile).

Before I continue to play on my second Switch (which is at work, just in case you were wondering) I wanted to be sure of a few things:

a) Lootboxes, are they also synchronized or am I in danger of having a few cosmetics unlocked on Swicth a while having the other cosmetics unlocked on Switch b?
b) Is there any way to also synchronize Story progression? Or do I have to play through the game on both Switches? (That would realy suck tbh)
c) Am I in danger of corrupting my Savefile in any way, like the game getting confused on what should be unlocked and stuf like that?

Thanks for your time.

UbiMatcha
03-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Hey Kadji100! I believe the lootboxes are Ubisoft account based, but I'll confirm this and get back to you.
The Story progression is linked to your save file, so since there's no cloud save, all the saves are local - the progress on each console will be separate!

This shouldn't cause any corruption, unlocked content will be stored to your Ubisoft account.

I hope that clarifies it for you, let us know if you have any further questions!

Kadji100
03-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Yeah so...no...this does not work as advertised...

So I tested this out when I was like LVL 17 on my main Switch, the player LVL did update on my second switch after some time and the tracks were unlocked as soon as I had the other requirements fulfilled (e.g. Beating the first stadium to unlock the next tier of tracks - good enough for me).

That was like last week - in the meantime I have leveled up to 63 on my main Switch, haven't played on my second Switch in the meantime.

So today I am sitting at my night shift at work and wanted to play some Trials on my second Switch (the night shifts can be realy long and boring so I have my second Switch at the company)

Played a few tracks and fooled around for a good 15 minutes but my player Profile just won't Syncronize :mad:
Its still "stuck" at LVL 17 on my 2nd Switch (now 18 since I got a LVL Up while fooling around).

It kinda sucks that the track progression is not synchronized but I can live with that. But why is even the player lvl not synchronized anymore? I waited for a good 15 minutes before giving up.

I also double Checked that the 2nd Switch is logged into my ubisoft account (which it is).

Kadji100
03-21-2019, 12:07 PM
No answers? This is a huge problem, I still have not fixed it. I am a very calm person and I can wait for quite some time until I get answers but this is kinda unacceptable.

Oh and by the way: I am also missing lootboxes for the last ~5 or ~6 level ups.

contrast090
11-04-2019, 12:13 AM
I have the same problem with the progress not syncing with my second switch. Why don't just activate the switch cloud save? I contacted support a while ago and they told me it's a known issue and they are working on it. But after more than one month still no solution. I am not going to buy any more ubisoft games until this is solved.