PDA

View Full Version : Says 60fps but feels like 30fps (possible workaround)...

Gimpymoo
02-28-2019, 02:36 AM
Guys, not seen this mentioned anywhere and it helped me so thought would share.

Disclaimer, this is for those with half decent rigs, would not suggest trying this with an embedded/iGPU :p

Goto Advanced video settings and set preset to "High".
Go back to the standard video menu.

With the preset set to "High", this unlocks the "Resolution Scaling". Set this to 1.5 or 2. Apply then try the game.

My native resolution is 1080p.

The game now looks BEAUTIFUL with less "stutter" and the menus seem smoother to me. (Still the sticking in the menus though) :(

My GPU is being

Mileage may vary but hope it works for some. Be cautious, supersampling puts more pressure on your GPU but to be honest, the game is not a hog so half decent rigs can handle it.

There is something screwy though as I noticed GPU usage is at 100% be it on medium preset or super sampling.

If guessing, I would say the game is internally throttling itself and does a BAD job of it in which case, forcing your GPU to do more work reduces/stops the throttling so works better.

(I originally posted this on the Steam forums under my username "James")

Hope it helps someone.

Legion-495
02-28-2019, 01:13 PM
I will try that.
I get some terrible framestutter but the average still 60FPS.
Literally unplayable.

Sometimes I have a frozen image for a short time.

Just to list the specs:
CPU: R5 Ryzen 1600X @4,2Ghz
Cooler: Noctua- NH-D15/Austrian engineering at it's finest
GPU: XFX RX Vega 64
Mobo: ASUS Prime X370-A
Ram: Hyper X 16GB
Psu: Corsair RM850
OS. Win10

Sure as hell aint a hardware issue.
Edit: nah my GPU isn't very taxed but scaling was useless. Still terrible stutter.

Ubi-Wusky
02-28-2019, 02:44 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks Gimpymoo for the possible workaround!

Could you guys provide a video to show the stuttering and the static "60fps" showing? It would be really helpful thanks! :)