PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Troubleshooting multiplayer?

Zengrath
02-27-2019, 03:53 AM
I'd like to troubleshoot why multiplayer still doesn't' work with even a nearly released version of Trials but your link to troubleshooting connectivity redirects me to a support.com website??? Why is it i can connect to game, play game, see ghosts, can play every other multiplayer game without issue, yet trials even immediately after release no one is playing multiplayer? Or i just cannot connect to multiplayer servers???

Ubi-Viral
02-27-2019, 05:13 AM
Hey Zengrath,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with multiplayer. As you have not listed which platform you are playing on I have listed below links to our guides on connectivity for each platform:

PC:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000036604/Connectivity-issues-in-Trials-Rising-on-PC-TR/

Xbox One:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000036605/Connectivity-issues-in-Trials-Rising-on-Xbox-One-TR/

PS4:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000036606/Connectivity-issues-in-Trials-Rising-on-PS4-TR/

Nintendo Switch:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/36607/Connectivity-issues-in-Trials-Rising-on-Nintendo-Switch-TR/

Can you please also try temporarily disabling UPnP on your router as well? If this does not help, please re-enable it.

Please let us know after completing the steps if your issue is persisting.

Zengrath
02-28-2019, 03:41 AM
EDIT: i'm on PC, i posted in PC troubleshooting section :)

Thanks for the reply, sorry i don't get home unti late at night. Last night i was able to find some matches but i did notice in open beta and first night of release i had an open/green NAT. since last night however i now have a MODERATE NAT. tonight i'm finding matches. I tried as you said disabling UPNP on my router just to see. my NAT remains moderate and did not notice any difference at this time. But i would like to see if i can get my NAT open. i remember in old days (90's early 2000's?) when port forwarding was more of a thing, having an open nat was important as usually a moderate meant you could connect to others but they could not initiate connections to you making your visibility to others more limited. if that's still the case with Trials i may try port forwarding or something just to see if that helps with finding other players faster/easier for multiplayer mode.

Zengrath
02-28-2019, 03:43 AM
I have noticed some other issues. Other players skins are not loading, they have default model, usually by the 3rd race however some of models loading, but not all of them. Again don't know if it's an issue on my end related to NAT issue or just a bug with multiplayer right now. kinda defeats whole purpose of loot crates and awesome customization if you can't see other peoples skins! i don't think i noticed this issue in single player ghosts.

Zengrath
02-28-2019, 04:37 AM
Followed troubleshooting steps. restarted router. flush dns, made sure host file empty. i did port check and ports mentions closed so i tried manually port forwarding (not port trigger) and set my PC to a static IP, confirmed ports opened but game still has moderate NAT, tried both again with UPnP enabled and disabled.

I am finding multiplayer games now, although sometimes only get a few people and most of time their skins don't load. still wondering if i figure out the NAT issue if it'll be better experience or not.

Zengrath
02-28-2019, 05:12 AM
Ok probably last post of night but i tried 2 more things. i checked what other ports trials using and there was what seems consistently a port 3074 being used by trials so i also fowarded that port. There is also random ports used in 50000 or 6000 range but they seem more random.

I also noticed in my firewall there was an automatic exception made for trials riding to allow TCP, but i noticed UDP ports were not allowed per windows 10 resource monitor. i made a copy of exception in windows firewall and set to allow all UDP ports for trials rising as well (since i don't think you can set BOTH in windows firewall).

Now i have an open NAT in trials again. i am guessing it was UDP firewall exception that did the trick.

Also probably not a coincidence but two matches in a row i had 8 players with open nat, i never seen 8 players before this usually i was getting 4-6 players. So probably worth trying to get an open NAT? And it filled up with less than 50% of timer completed searching for players.

I could try more experiments if you like. like taking off port forwarding in my router and just seeing if UPnP works with the added UDP firewall exception for trials i made, etc if you like. but i'm not touching anything else for tonight.

EDIT: tried one more match, within 20 seconds 8 people again, thinking not a coincidence at this point.

UbiMatcha
02-28-2019, 03:09 PM
Nice one Zengrath, thanks for sharing your findings! I'm glad you were able to resolve your multiplayer issues!

If there's anything else you need assistance with let us know!