PDA

View Full Version : Dads of Division? and also: FanFiction

MrOsterman
02-26-2019, 05:21 PM
I have two questions/ thoughts I'd like to get out there.

1) In Destiny 1, I was part of a clan called "Dads of Destiny". There was one requirement to join: Be a Dad. Didn't care how old, how young. This was to specifically create a space where no matter what, we all "got it" when it came to our kids. I knew if I had to say "I gotta go, the 3 year old just walked out the front door!" no one was going to mute/block/ report me. Does such a group exist for The Division?

2) I've been musing on some FanFic for the Division universe, but rather than focusing on New York or DC, I'm looking at my home in the Midwest and the challenges that come from that specific location. How would we provide support and care to a region where the majority of the population is not within a major city but rather the suburbs and exburbs? What happens when gas becomes a rare commodity but all relief is at least a day's walk or an hour's drive?

I'm fishing for thoughts on this as to writing true fan fic - using the Division Universe/ framework, or going my own road and writing something inspired by it but still original, ie create my own "sleeper agent system" with a mission and command chain and then put them in this novel situation. I'm leaning original but I'm also aware of how much easier momentum is to build when it's tied to FanFic from an existing IP.

Ubi-RealDude
02-27-2019, 01:08 AM
I love both of these questions/thoughts and hope that you find what you're looking for.