PDA

View Full Version : Performance on PS4 Pro should be better than this.

Tigerriot
02-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Console is set to output in 4K mode. The game has momentary hitches at demanding moments, and things get even messier in online multiplayer events, where screen tearing is quite common

Iím not sure what internal resolution youíre rendering at on the Pro, but please do whatever it takes to improve performance. This is disappointing.

To the support staff who read these forums. I understand your job, but Iíll just say up front Iím not interested in doing any further research for you. The developers know what Iím talking about. Iíve seen these issues noted in various places around the internet including some reviews.

Ubi-Houck
02-26-2019, 06:34 PM
Hi Tigerriot! I am sorry to hear about the performance you are getting on 4K mode on PS4 Pro. I understand, you have no interest in researching this issue, however we do need to investigate this issue to find the root cause.

Could you please try turning on/off PS4 Pro Boost Mode to see if that makes a difference?

Also do you still have performance issues when you switch the display down to 1080p?

Thanks!

Tigerriot
02-27-2019, 06:04 AM
Hi Tigerriot! I am sorry to hear about the performance you are getting on 4K mode on PS4 Pro. I understand, you have no interest in researching this issue, however we do need to investigate this issue to find the root cause.

Could you please try turning on/off PS4 Pro Boost Mode to see if that makes a difference?

Also do you still have performance issues when you switch the display down to 1080p?

Thanks!
I just tried 1080p and boost mode turned off. No difference. I had also previously tried putting the beta and the final game on my external and internal drive. No difference. The game is just not optimized well enough right now.

JolanXBL
02-28-2019, 10:57 AM
If it happens harder in multiplayer, could it have something to do with how the game handles slow connections between players?

Tigerriot
02-28-2019, 03:00 PM
If it happens harder in multiplayer, could it have something to do with how the game handles slow connections between players?

I don't believe that would be related.