PDA

View Full Version : Stop kicking users out of zoom after every shot with sniper rifles, destroys the flow

BiM-gtk
02-26-2019, 06:07 AM
I am not talking about the fact that you have to choose scope attachment and then stick to the one you choose.

Im talking about that after you zoom in with 12x scope now it kicks the player out of zoom after EVERY shot. This destroys the flow of sniping.

Its already difficult enough for players to land headshots on running NPCS and players especially on console that it rather quickly becomes annoying having to watch that scope in animation over and over. It feels like your running some sort of inferior weapon.

Bear in mind i dont expect the second shot while scoped in to be dead center, but that it will be off center like in Division 1 after each shot and that you have to readjust aim. Imagine you playing for instance the sentry set in Division 1 and how stupid it would be when you get kicked out of your scope after every single shot with a sniper rifle.

How it is now basically penalizes the player for choosing the 12x scope and forces them to play the more basic scope.

Keep in mind the delay of going through the scope in animation on every single shot. If this is an attempt at game balancing its not a good idea, id rather have less damage on sniper rifles and have it balanced that way if this is some sort of balance attempt.

Its not remotely realistic either. What sniper will ever stop looking through scope after first shot for more targets? Also it goes against the design decisions of other contemporary titles like Ubisofts own Farcry 6 and a slew of other games.

I dont mind waiting for the reload after the shot while scoped in but I want to see what happened to the target after the first shot THROUGH the scope. As it kicks you out of zoom now there is also this minor disorientation that happens when it switches perspective/zoom and the scope is gone.

But last and most important point, it simply doesnt feel good to use anymore as opposed to Division 1 which is an important point. Especially now that this thing is tied to your whole setup now if you choose the sharpshooter specialization it becomes an issue.

Regards
A fan of using snipers in Division 1

Ubi-RealDude
02-27-2019, 12:44 AM
Thank you for taking the time to write out all your thoughts on this. I'll be sure to make a note of your feedback.

Millenium_Exile
02-27-2019, 08:12 AM
I'd say make a perk that let's you stay in scope while reloading.
A lot of first time bolt action Marksmen have to look to reload especially if there not useing a magazine and are loading the rounds by hand.

Kodie Collings
02-27-2019, 09:54 AM
I think the intention might be to make follow up shots harder resulting in sniper needing more skill to snipe. I personally like it. It's really difficult (but not impossible) in real life to keep your eye down sight with a powerful rifle. I know we shouldn't talk realism in an RPG game but i like all the little realism aspects.

It also distinguishes weapon difference between bolt actions and the semi automatic rifles.

I like this idea. And after seeing the Demolitionist talents we can probably expect something like this in the Sharpshooters tree.

I'd say make a perk that let's you stay in scope while reloading

BiM-gtk
02-28-2019, 08:42 AM
After researching this more i kinda get the idea behind the mechanic, but since its a game feel issue dealbreaker they could have given us something like a barrett instead of a pure bolt action rifle and then they wouldnt have needed to invent such a mechanic.

Also i was a bit dissapointed to find footage from the closed beta with even the old m700 carbon using the same annoying mechanic now ingame. Look at this guy he kinda does it doesnt he. hes prone but still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRWRy90Olw

Again I like it better if they feel they need a disruption of field of view when reloading how it is in Farcry 6 after each bullet that they made the scope wiggle around for a bit when reloading but you remain scoped in.

BiM-gtk
02-28-2019, 09:27 AM
Maybe more like needing more inner calm to not get upset by it when NPC number 400 shows up on the screen and watching kicked out of scope anim and scope in anim again. Im not too much sold on the skill department, its already not stopping Widdz from oneshot sniping and then the mechanic has already been proven worthless as a balance attempt when it cannnot stop Dmitrij :)

Anyway if they would either revert this change from div 1 sniper mechanics or atleast make certain sniper rifles NOT have the mechanic and that they are not completely nerfed but relatively scaled damage wise.

What about this idea: What if the kick out of scope mechanic is ONLY active when the signature weapon TAC-50C is activated as its supposed to be really very powerful bolt action weapon right? The signature weapon is the one who needs to be difficult to use and balanced. Not the bread and butter weapons.

I think the intention might be to make follow up shots harder resulting in sniper needing more skill to snipe. I personally like it. It's really difficult (but not impossible) in real life to keep your eye down sight with a powerful rifle. I know we shouldn't talk realism in an RPG game but i like all the little realism aspects.

It also distinguishes weapon difference between bolt actions and the semi automatic rifles.

I like this idea. And after seeing the Demolitionist talents we can probably expect something like this in the Sharpshooters tree.