PDA

View Full Version : Idea for pre game lobbies.

The_B0G_
02-26-2019, 02:03 AM
This would be a pretty huge thing to add, and has basically zero influence in the actual game so I wouldn't expect this to be added outside of a possible For Honor 2 in the future, but here it is.

I was thinking we could add a Stronghold according to the faction you use, a Knight would get a Keep, a Viking would get a Longhouse or Mead Hall, Samurai and Wu Lin would get a Dojo or whatever the equivalent to what Knights and Vikings get, I don't know a lot about their history.

Whoever the party leader is, would bring everyone else to their social space (Stronghold), which they can decorate with their nicest weapons and armor on stands throughout the house, you could have a place to show off banners from your victories in ranked, and you could also have a sparring ring if you and your friends want to test your skills.

Let me know what you guys think, and if there are any suggestions to add onto this feel free to leave a comment.

Vendelkin
02-26-2019, 08:19 AM
This would be a pretty huge thing to add, and has basically zero influence in the actual game so I wouldn't expect this to be added outside of a possible For Honor 2 in the future, but here it is.

I was thinking we could add a Stronghold according to the faction you use, a Knight would get a Keep, a Viking would get a Longhouse or Mead Hall, Samurai and Wu Lin would get a Dojo or whatever the equivalent to what Knights and Vikings get, I don't know a lot about their history.

Whoever the party leader is, would bring everyone else to their social space (Stronghold), which they can decorate with their nicest weapons and armor on stands throughout the house, you could have a place to show off banners from your victories in ranked, and you could also have a sparring ring if you and your friends want to test your skills.

Let me know what you guys think, and if there are any suggestions to add onto this feel free to leave a comment.

Vendelkin likes this.

LEGENDz_31
02-26-2019, 04:42 PM
Vendelkin likes this.

Shoot I would like a planning map while loading. Who is going to what point.

Not that I thought your idea was bad.

The_B0G_
02-26-2019, 04:47 PM
Shoot I would like a planning map while loading. Who is going to what point.

Not that I thought your idea was bad.

I'm talking about a place where you can hang out while not in a match, or matchmaking. When you join someones party, you would be here, you could also set it up so you join different PvP modes from there.

As far as when matchmaking begins, a planning map would be pretty cool.

LEGENDz_31
02-26-2019, 05:28 PM
I'm talking about a place where you can hang out while not in a match, or matchmaking. When you join someones party, you would be here, you could also set it up so you join different PvP modes from there.

As far as when matchmaking begins, a planning map would be pretty cool.

Oh I understand better now. That is a cool idea.

Vendelkin
02-26-2019, 07:41 PM
The idea is basically like the safe house in payday, or a guild hall in tons of mmos or the landing ship in warframe but open to visits from other players..

And yeah a game planning map would br a cool addition too. Excepy if they allowed free draw we all know what it would actually be used for.

PaulydaEagle
02-26-2019, 08:12 PM
this would require A LOT of time and development power to create, develop, implement and trouble shoot. This time and effort is probably going to be used to keep the flow of new content and characters going. While I do like this idea and support it as it adds a little touch to the game that can even add immersion in a sense, I am not betting this will happen sadly.

Vendelkin
02-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Yes it would take work, but it actually wouldnt take much if they used pre built assets from the campaign mode. These assets are hardly used and repurposed would fit the goal perfectly. Heck they could even just make the market town map a common area.

PaulydaEagle
02-27-2019, 03:28 PM
I mean if I think something costs 100 bucks and they say its only 20, I'm not going to not buy because I was wrong, by all means sell it to me if its possible at that price lol. If they can find a clean and respectable way to cut down on time and cost while still giving us this nefty feature, then have at it Hoss.

The_B0G_
02-28-2019, 01:43 AM
I mean if I think something costs 100 bucks and they say its only 20, I'm not going to not buy because I was wrong, by all means sell it to me if its possible at that price lol. If they can find a clean and respectable way to cut down on time and cost while still giving us this nefty feature, then have at it Hoss.

I wouldn't want, or expect them to try to implement this for the current game, this is an idea for a possible sequel, they have too much on their plate right now for wasting time making a social space we don't technically need.

I think it would be pretty sweet to have though, even if we don't need it.

PaulydaEagle
02-28-2019, 03:56 PM
i agree, if anything it would happen in For Honor 2.