PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den - Questions for Stefan

UbiInsulin
02-26-2019, 12:30 AM
Hey all! Stefan will be on this week's Warrior's Den to answer questions about fight topics. So ask away, and we'll gather up as many as possible to for him to answer. :)

EvoX.
02-26-2019, 01:15 AM
When is Black Prior's bash receiving an adjustment to be more in line with other bashes in the game? For its stamina cost, speed, stamina drain on the opponent and very high damage confirmed it has the absurdly high recovery of 600ms. The move has no ''risk/reward' ratio as it only has the reward part. 21 out of 23 current roster heroes are completely unable to punish it on dodge, which I can't imagine is the intended game design.

Illyrian_King
02-26-2019, 02:47 AM
Are there any plans to make the neutral Guardian in Breach more important?
Right now it's really not worth it. How about letting him fight in the mid lane at the ram for the team that defeated him? Or releasing prison minions? This way he would be a Prison Guard. It would be even authentic to release prisoners for war.

Will that mechanism be introduced, where you don't lose stamina during OOS, when being bashed? It was such a good idea, but still it's not in-game.

Can you please make Archers in Breach shoot at players again? If there are no minions near, then why shouldn't people, that play and run around mindless like it was deathmatch, get punished? You already had that mechanic in an earlier test and removed it unfortunately. I would even go further and allow them to shot at the ram, if there is no minion near. That's just common sense. Let arrows against player not always hit the target, but give it a fair chance.

CHERNbIY_JNEC
02-26-2019, 04:36 AM
This is not entirely related to the combat theme, but ....
When will you fix the game? For almost a month, how it does not start! Or maybe you need the players to unite and petition the consumer protection society? I have already described in one of the posts why this can be done. Given that no information on this is provided, the inoperability can be considered from fraud (a product that does not work is sold) to extortion (in fact, you deprive us of the content for which money is paid, and force us to buy what we need to get in game / or collusion with computer hardware manufacturers so that force us to upgrade hardware).
WHEN will you correct your mistake? Or do you specifically delay the decision?
And personally, I don’t even expect, but I demand (!) That the affected players get ALL the content that we MUST have received for this month, given the limited events and bonuses. (Experience, effects, equipment, etc.).
And it will be very piggy, If after YOU have deprived a bunch of players of the physical ability to play and receive awards, give us a couple of chests in compensation!
And yes, I am very angry now.

Tyrjo
02-26-2019, 08:17 AM
Where does the logic come from regarding the different bashes? Black Priors is overtuned, Warlords is undertuned. When a bash has no recovery it suddenly become spammable and make fights extremely boring (for both players) since you can rely on only one move to get damage in. Both Conq and BPs bashes should definitively be punished with a GB on dodge.

Black Prior
Speed: 500ms
Dmg: 20
Whiff recovery: None
Mixup after an attack: Yes
Can come from a side dodge: No

Conqueror
Dmg: 13
Whiff recovery: Almost none
Mixup after an attack: Yes
Can come from a side dodge: Yes

Warlord
Dmg: 12
Whiff recovery: Two years
Mixup after an attack: No
Can come from a side dodge: No

Tyrjo
02-26-2019, 08:20 AM
What is the logic behind blocking late and not being able to dodge a bash mixup? F.e. I block a Valkyrie light to late and I can't dodge the sweep. I block the Black Prior light too late and can't dodge the bash. It feels unfair that blocking late gets you punished with the mixup bash, even though you saw it coming.

I-Nibbiru-I
02-26-2019, 08:49 AM
I don't have any questions, but could you guys have Stefan look into the camera with a serious face and say: " Trial by combat, right now!" and "You're a Raider, legendary!" In honor of the upcoming Lawbringer and Raider changes?

The_B0G_
02-26-2019, 09:10 AM
He's too awkward to pull that off lol

I-Nibbiru-I
02-26-2019, 09:47 AM
He's too awkward to pull that off lol

Don't listen to them, we believe that Stefan can be as badass as Lawbringer and Raider combined!

Ragnarok666321
02-26-2019, 11:02 AM
When will Warlord receive a major hero update like Shugoki?

Siegfried-Z
02-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Why nothing has been done for Glad despite he is at the bottom for 3 seasons straight ?
Can we expect a Glad rework in S3 Y3 ?

bannex19
02-26-2019, 11:46 AM
Are you guys working on for honor 2? Can you please make sure the Warlord is in it?

When will the true WL rework happen?

CandleInTheDark
02-26-2019, 12:45 PM
With people asking over single pick on the PS4 reddit you held a couple of weeks ago and your answer over testing the waters in events are there plans to reintroduce ranked 4v4? I feel that this is the only place that single pick should be considered as, with the matchmaking being before character select, it is the only place that it wouldn't adversely affect people who are new to the game, want to play with their main whether to get them to the rep cap or because that's their favourite character, want to play with a newly released character or are trying to fulfil contract orders. Casual play should remain casual and free choice of character selection is an integral part of that.

Vakris_One
02-26-2019, 02:24 PM
Are there any plans to replace all 600ms light attacks with 500ms ones across the whole roster? Seeing as how 600ms is no longer viable for light attacks and any light that is 600ms is a dead piece of kit.

mann61299
02-26-2019, 03:22 PM
This topic relates to fighting as it would help many players perform their zone attack consistently.

Will there be an option to bind zone to a single button on console? (seems it wouldn't be that hard to allow buttons to do one thing while locked on, but perform a different option when out of lock...this would free up the opportunity to bind zone to one button).

IzunaDrop25
02-26-2019, 04:08 PM
Please will there ever be a offline mode implemented into the game via a patch of some sort at any point of the game life cycle?

Vox_Populi_Vox
02-26-2019, 05:49 PM
Can you reduce the time after losing a duel by a bit. It's a bit salt inducing to have to watch 20 seconds of orochi hand waving for the next round to start.

Vendelkin
02-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Are there any plans in motion to update aramusha despite his 4v4 position? Ie to make him more viable for duels?

Any plans concerning maybe changing tribute mode a little? Its a great concept idea but right now the punishment for having 3 banners is too high resulting in very frustrating turn arounds.
(An addition of a healing zone could fix this slightly or reducing the respawn penalty)

Will there be any additional modes or updates given to arcade mode?

In breach given the mild disbalance in favor of defenders based on the stats are there any inbound attempts to make it slightly more balanced?

Knight_Raime
02-27-2019, 01:52 AM
I'm just going to farm out a load of questions both personal questions and from people I talk to:

~Are the devs aware of shugoki's heavies doing damage before they visually connect?

~Are the devs aware of Black prior's current bugs? (late guard switch guaranteeing his bash after light, being able to flicker his zone and bash, him guard switching makes his side dash recovery longer, and his actions being delayed after throwing someone)

~You guys made some big changes to aramusha a season or two ago saying those were not the only changes you had in mind for him. Are more changes still coming to him?

~Is there any changes you're looking into for black prior in the near future?

~With the release of goki's rework he got feintable unblockable heavies. You stated if this change went over well for Shugoki you'd give it to Centurion. So is centurion also getting this? And if so can you hint at some other changes coming to centurion?

~The competitive subreddit has recently updated their duel tier list to reflect a dominant tactic of getting the health advantage and stalling till the time runs out. Can we expect any changes to address this kind of play in the future?

~It's been a bit since you guys mentioned touching on feints to improve them and something called "reaction reduction" which sounded like bringing some attacks down by 33 increments. Can we get an update on these things?

~Awhile back you guys had mentioned there was going to be a major overhaul to the stamina system when the community approached you about stamina draining moves being too powerful against people out of stamina. Said changes at the time only paused the stamina regen in regards to bashes and constant drains (like stampede charge) wouldn't effect stamina at all during OOS. Is this still being worked on?

~Awhile back you guys removed Shaolin's ability to feint back into QI stance as it was an unintended bug. Could you maybe try to explain why you didn't decide to make this a feature of his kit?

~When valk was reworked it was said that you guys were not done with her rework and it would be an on going process. Then later on your data said she was performing well. Is it correct to assume you have sense backed off work on her because of the data? Or are you still going to work at her, just her priority has lessened because of said data?

~What is your stance on option selects in regards to parrying?

~It was stated also awhile back that when you guys design heros you don't particularly look at max punishes. I am curious on what all you guys actually do look at. Like for instance, do you guys purposefully design how long someone can delay an action (like how conq can delay his forward bash input by a significant amount.)

~Speaking of inputting actions I'm not sure if this question falls into the fight style of questions but can I ask why does the game allow several inputs in rapid suggestion? It seems to be the main cause for flicker tech.

~Was there a reason the fight team overlooked Warlord's issues with his full block stance? Or was the team not aware of it's issues?

~Can I get a response on what the fight teams official stance is regarding 0ms start up on blocking when dodging for certain characters? (ex Black prior, tiandi, conq, and kensei.) It essentially allows them to react block 400ms attacks when those are supposed to be a prediction to defend against.

~Can heros who have 600ms lights still get those lights turned to 500ms? (ex kensei mid chain light.)

~Is the fight team aware that the window to deflect an undodgable attack is actually bigger compared to normal deflects? Is this intended?

~Deflects are often considered to be needing an overhaul because of their general difficulty to use compared to their relative reward for doing it correctly. How does the team feel about the state of deflects?

~So it's been discussed that removing revenge from 1v1's in team modes is going to actually be harmful in organized team fights because anytime a gank is messed up people can just bounce out and not refresh a tag. Thus putting the person at 99% revenge at a massive disadvantage because they won't be able to get revenge. If this is supposed to be a solution for people being gimped with bash based offense feeding revenge why not reduce how much revenge bashes give?

~Jiang Jun's mix ups are easily reacted to. Is there any plans to address his offense?

~Nuxia's traps are not where they could be, her deflect is comparatively weak to all other deflects, and her zone trap or not seems to be a dead move outside minion clear. Are there any plans to address Nuxia's issues?

~Shaolin's mix up (kick or undodgable side heavy after light into qi) is a bit too damaging. Is he going to get some damage adjustments anytime soon?

~Was it intentional to make Black prior have very little range and chase down?

~Gladiator is probably the least touched hero by the balance team. He's known for his zone and not much else. Does the fight team plan on giving him at least a balance pass in the near future?

~So the team is aware that buffered inputs mid combo end up being slower than they're supposed to be. Are there any plans to fix this?

~Unsure if it's related to the fight team or not. But since we've gotten the training arena i've wanted to be able to tell the bot how to perform specific things. Instead we can only have it input individual commands or pre designed setups by you guys. Is it possible to get the ability to have such a function in game?

~It's been noted that both your own website and the fight videos in game are pretty dated and inaccurate when it comes to being helpful to learn a hero. Is there any plan to update either source of information? In that same vein we could use some info in game on how staggers work when unlocked versus locked.

~How does the team feel about spacing? Is it an important aspect when designing heros? In that same vein dodge into unlock roll is still problamatic for a lot of hero's offense. Is there anyway the dev team can address this without effecting double dodge into roll? What does the team feel about potentially giving every hero some move that lets them chase down someone?

~Can nature's wrath be fixed on Kensei so it can actually catch people who roll away from him?

Dry.Fish
02-27-2019, 02:41 AM
How do you feel about Nuxia's external trap attacks?

muhbelal
02-27-2019, 06:30 AM
Two questions related to Highlander:

- Since the current state of Balance shows that he is getting close to bottom, can we expect any enhancements/buffs to his kit soon?

- The rolling away to escape highlander opener mix-up is kinda killing his kit (and others' kits too). Will rolling receive adjustments to address this?

thanks.

The_Mensan
02-27-2019, 09:03 AM
What happened to the Ranked Rewards? That was the one thing that made competitive For Honor fun... Why can't I see the season 9 ornament or other rewards anymore?

The_B0G_
02-28-2019, 01:54 AM
Two questions related to Highlander:

- Since the current state of Balance shows that he is getting close to bottom, can we expect any enhancements/buffs to his kit soon?

- The rolling away to escape highlander opener mix-up is kinda killing his kit (and others' kits too). Will rolling receive adjustments to address this?

thanks.

I know it's an issue, but rolling away is the only way to break up light spam against certain characters for me, probably others feel the same way.

I don't need to do it often, but some matches I just can't react fast enough and get smoked by every light they throw, rolling allows me to reset the fight and get another chance to engage and keep them from starting up the endless lights.

Klingentaenz3r
02-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Are there any plans in motion to update aramusha despite his 4v4 position? Ie to make him more viable for duels?

~You guys made some big changes to aramusha a season or two ago saying those were not the only changes you had in mind for him. Are more changes still coming to him??

- As many others, I also would like to know what you have in store for Aramusha despite his current position (like opening options, stamina costs, utility of his side dash heavies, recovery cancels, look at his input windows like deadly feints)?

- Are there currently any plans on changes on Warden (i. g. changes to shoulderbash instead provide him more options for better and more esthetical swordplay or speeding up his 600 ms combo light or improving his unblockable feint mixup)?

- According to many voices in the community (including mine) PB shieldbash in its very safe form should be addressed. However, if you consider the changes would you also improve the other parts of his kit instead to make them more usable (forward dash heavy for example)?

Vakris_One
02-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Target switching between more than two opponents has been a problem for more than two Seasons now. You mentioned that you would be working on a fix for this, what is the ETA on that fix?

Kryltic
02-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Would you consider introducing mid season updates/minor tweaks for characters? And using start of seasons for the larger rebalancing projects.

Currently I feel a 6 month turn around per character (at best) is a very long time, especially with such a large roster and only 1-2 characters (sometimes 3) seeing any changes within these time frames.

rottmeister
02-28-2019, 04:59 PM
I'm probably already too late but I have a few questions:

1) For how long can we expect the support to continue (at this rate) on For Honor (at least)?

2) Is there any possibility of a new For Honor game being made in the future?

3) Now that the majority of the non-DLC heroes have been reworked, can we expect to see DLC heroes like Aramusha to get a rework/balance update?

4) What can we expect of For Honor this year? (any exciting stuff being developed right now?)

Tyrjo
02-28-2019, 06:58 PM
Don't worry. I don't think any question off here got answered anyways.

Illyrian_King
02-28-2019, 08:52 PM
Don't worry. I don't think any question off here got answered anyways.

They answered one of my questions :rolleyes:

EvoX.
02-28-2019, 09:18 PM
Worthwhile thread.

The_Sun_Danc3
02-28-2019, 10:36 PM
Can we get an updated timeline on when (If ever) peacekeeper will be able to be played viably or if you guys will take at the bare minimum at least one of the communityís suggestions regarding her because right now, unless she gets at least an actual rework and not just number tweaks (unless theyíre major number tweaks) this will be the most play she will see and her pick rate will only decline going forward.
So could you just pull the numbers now instead of waiting until the end of year three (or even the end of the season for that matter) to admit itís her kit, not just her stats that are a problem?
Like if you guys could just admit that her adjustment for season 9 didnít do anything to increase her viability to win a fight that would restore major confidence and I could actually start playing the game again.
Iím honestly really sick of losing to players entire brackets below my skill level if I want to play as her. Itís frustrating and the opposite of fun

UbiInsulin
02-28-2019, 10:40 PM
Thank you all for the questions! :)

I'd recommend heading over to Candle's thread about the Warrior's Den itself for further discussion: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2003005-Warrior-s-Den-February-28th .