PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with newbies and marksman class?

surprise_mtfk
02-25-2019, 01:25 PM
I honestly don't get it. You newbies can't do anything with the marksman class, especially with sniper and stalker. And yet why do you choose it in every map and camp on the bottom of it? What do you expect to accomplish? That they will come towards you and you take them down one by one and become the ace? A prestige support or can take you out using his AR or SMG. Don't get me wrong, everyone's gotta practice to be good at something but for you, everyone I see, pick sniper and run to the edge, aiming at 1 point for 8 minutes. You think people won't know where you are? Elimination, recon tower. Uplink, Sabotage, they secure the objective while you still expect someone to cross your path and get one lucky shot? The only legit case is Extraction, defender. But even then, toxic will lure you out. Do us a favor, shoot and move. Stay close to your team and DO SOMETHING. Or just maybe choose a scout to start with, that one is easy, just fly up and scan. Everytime I play against a prestige squad and our team are stuck with a low level sniper, he's 100% guaranteed useless the moment he pick the sniper, 3v4 for sure. Sniper and stalker, 2v4. When dead, always yell for revive even though body is out in the open. I swear I'd vote kick because you are stupid and annoying at the same time. And they are always the last one alive because they are sitting on THE EDGE OF THE MAP. We'd just vote kick them and be done with it. No way these idiot noobs can turn it around. They can't even hit anyone, can't even learn the basics. Sorry for the long post but I just have to point it out, they are a liability and can't do anything right.

HumanKevinJones
02-25-2019, 03:02 PM
The #1 rule of Ghost Recon is lowest leveled player must pick a marksman class & be the first person dead or the last person alive in the back of the map. If you're the first person dead, you are legally required to ping your dead body until somebody attempts to revive you.

It sounds foolish, but rules are rules. Anytime I see a low level player pick a class other than marksman that might actually contribute to the team I immediately report them for cheating via the ingame menu & also initiate the vote kick option.

Shaka_Zulu10
02-25-2019, 03:24 PM
Kev you should make a clip of when you went into game chat and "discussed" with the stalker in Warehouse who sat back at spawn. That was hilarious look into the psyche of this lone wolf hero ball mindset of camping snipers.

frankmarras
02-25-2019, 05:05 PM
The #1 rule of Ghost Recon is lowest leveled player must pick a marksman class & be the first person dead or the last person alive in the back of the map. If you're the first person dead, you are legally required to ping your dead body until somebody attempts to revive you.

It sounds foolish, but rules are rules. Anytime I see a low level player pick a class other than marksman that might actually contribute to the team I immediately report them for cheating via the ingame menu & also initiate the vote kick option.

😂 😂😂😂

Iím dying !!

Strictly follow the rules .

Shaka you forgot .. if by chance you feel that is your lucky day and you decide to go ranked solo you end up to play you and 3 marksmans, against the typical full team of diamonds try hard, and if your ďsnipers teamĒ donít disconnect before ( in general 2nd round you are 3v4, 3rd round in 2 or alone ..!!) you can be sure that none of them will have a shot on the Hostage/radio/tower but sit in a bush with no visual just looking at you trying to do the superhero under a rain of bullets and drones (which they will not shoot down) not shooting a single bullet.

Sad story of a solo player in ghost recon camplands

Vikk Damone
02-25-2019, 07:00 PM
Every time I see a newbie pick A sniper I automatically know itís a 3 on 4 match and I have to put my big boy pants on.

Iím not trying to diss the newbies, but when your getting used to the game, pick the pointman or something as aggressive cause to be honest newbies ainít going to get any good my hiding and sitting back only to be out sniped by someone prestige 30+

-Play aggressive, but smart.
-Show the opponent fear.
-if your dead donít spam the ping button cause that could cost the team the match
-donít follow a teammate closely and start shooting cause you just gave his position away.
-if dead, observe how your teammates play
- finish the campaign (fully) to get a hang of the mechanics

And most importantly....have fun!

fastastoast
02-25-2019, 07:08 PM
It's fairly obvious why they do it, it's seems saver. We know they'll die sooner but they think the distance is their saviour.

If I random with low level marksman I run surgeon, you be surprised how matches can be turned around after 3 or 4 revives, especially on quarry.

Vikk Damone
02-25-2019, 07:14 PM
It's fairly obvious why they do it, it's seems saver. We know they'll die sooner but they think the distance is their saviour.

If I random with low level marksman I run surgeon, you be surprised how matches can be turned around after 3 or 4 revives, especially on quarry.

I seen some surgeons put in some serious work Wining tons of matches.

A surgeon paired with a tank in front of him is the ultimate duo

Vikk Damone
02-25-2019, 07:45 PM
I honestly don't get it. You newbies can't do anything with the marksman class, especially with sniper and stalker. And yet why do you choose it in every map and camp on the bottom of it? What do you expect to accomplish? That they will come towards you and you take them down one by one and become the ace? A prestige support or can take you out using his AR or SMG. Don't get me wrong, everyone's gotta practice to be good at something but for you, everyone I see, pick sniper and run to the edge, aiming at 1 point for 8 minutes. You think people won't know where you are? Elimination, recon tower. Uplink, Sabotage, they secure the objective while you still expect someone to cross your path and get one lucky shot? The only legit case is Extraction, defender. But even then, toxic will lure you out. Do us a favor, shoot and move. Stay close to your team and DO SOMETHING. Or just maybe choose a scout to start with, that one is easy, just fly up and scan. Everytime I play against a prestige squad and our team are stuck with a low level sniper, he's 100% guaranteed useless the moment he pick the sniper, 3v4 for sure. Sniper and stalker, 2v4. And they are always the last one alive because they are sitting on THE EDGE OF THE MAP. We'd just vote kick them and be done with it. No way these idiot noobs can turn it around. They can't even hit anyone, can't even learn the basics. Sorry for the long post but I just have to point it out, they are a liability and can't do anything right.

This game really needs team death match (6vs6 or 8vs8) with infinite lives 10 round matches for casual players

Honestly I think it would be fun with an open load out

nga-chairman
02-25-2019, 10:57 PM
haha this post is gold.

I have to totally agree. Played a match last night, Other team was level 5, 5, 13 and one random prestige. The three low levels were a squad, We thought SMURF for sure, Until on scrapyard, no joke, They went Ranger, Sniper and Sentinal.... All three pushed over to the far sniper tower. All three were dead within 1 minute. The random prestige quit.

This game has the sharpest learning curve for newbies then any other game ive played. Hence its harder and harder to get new guys enjoying the game. Something should be done for a newb friendly lobby. Hopefully the custom lobby's help newbies find their feet

Tellahane
02-25-2019, 11:08 PM
If I see this happen I just grab sharpshooter and setup shop nearby, eventually the noon will fire and miss and when they do someone will shoot them back. That's when I can get my headshots in it's like mirror mark but safer because they aren't shooting me!

WARB0RG
02-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Some great posts in here!

i'm tempted to pick Surgeon when I see Lvl 5 pick Sniper. I'll sit 15ft away and do my nails. I'll either have a good 8 minutes to get my digits looking snazzy or a ton of points as I reanimate the dead every 35 secs....

This week, I played Vanguard on Sabotage (Attack), I'm lighting them up, left, right & centre, I've taken one down and two others are pressing me from both sides, I'm suppressed for 85% of this gunfight and I some of my shots are hitting them. Eventually, I take the fall. I've done my bit, they're lit-up, reloading and wounded with sound markers.
The camera moves to a living player: Lvl34 Sniper. Where is he? 40M away watching everything from the tower and not a shot fired: his bullets can penetrate most surfaces & they're in the open!!!
Team Vote Kick. Less than useless.

MurdahDem
02-26-2019, 09:42 PM
I honestly don't get it. You newbies can't do anything with the marksman class, especially with sniper and stalker. And yet why do you choose it in every map and camp on the bottom of it? What do you expect to accomplish? That they will come towards you and you take them down one by one and become the ace? A prestige support or can take you out using his AR or SMG. Don't get me wrong, everyone's gotta practice to be good at something but for you, everyone I see, pick sniper and run to the edge, aiming at 1 point for 8 minutes. You think people won't know where you are? Elimination, recon tower. Uplink, Sabotage, they secure the objective while you still expect someone to cross your path and get one lucky shot? The only legit case is Extraction, defender. But even then, toxic will lure you out. Do us a favor, shoot and move. Stay close to your team and DO SOMETHING. Or just maybe choose a scout to start with, that one is easy, just fly up and scan. Everytime I play against a prestige squad and our team are stuck with a low level sniper, he's 100% guaranteed useless the moment he pick the sniper, 3v4 for sure. Sniper and stalker, 2v4. And they are always the last one alive because they are sitting on THE EDGE OF THE MAP. We'd just vote kick them and be done with it. No way these idiot noobs can turn it around. They can't even hit anyone, can't even learn the basics. Sorry for the long post but I just have to point it out, they are a liability and can't do anything right.

Random thought - its the call of duty effect, they are used to the FPS and that is the best way to acheive it

Guap-Zero
02-26-2019, 11:58 PM
gawd, I wish that muting a player would also mute their pings....

WARB0RG
02-27-2019, 02:55 PM
gawd, I wish that muting a player would also mute their pings....

Amen.

"I get it, you want to be picked up <looks around> ah, you were the medic, well this is awkward. Yes, yes, that's the 33rd time you've pinged you're way up front, out in the open corpse in 10secs.

Hey, do you know how I know you need picking up? Because I saw a notication earlier that their sniper shot you and is probably watching your body, you how how else I know? That big medical cross in a circle in the exact ame spot you're pinging. I know, coincedence or what?!
You know what I don't know? Where the enemy is, have you pinged there? Oh there you go again.
Well, you're so annoying I'm gonna sit in this bush and get a cuppa"

WARB0RG
02-27-2019, 04:47 PM
Had another case of the Noob Sniper last night, bless him.

Round after round, in he ran, and not with the pistol. I was Surgeon (it was the obvious choice). I was top of the table every round; I hadn't fired a single bullet, just a full-time resuscitation/bino guy.

surprise_mtfk
02-27-2019, 11:01 PM
Amen.

"I get it, you want to be picked up <looks around> ah, you were the medic, well this is awkward. Yes, yes, that's the 33rd time you've pinged you're way up front, out in the open corpse in 10secs.

Hey, do you know how I know you need picking up? Because I saw a notication earlier that their sniper shot you and is probably watching your body, you how how else I know? That big medical cross in a circle in the exact ame spot you're pinging. I know, coincedence or what?!
You know what I don't know? Where the enemy is, have you pinged there? Oh there you go again.
Well, you're so annoying I'm gonna sit in this bush and get a cuppa"

I hate it when these idiots bring their call of duty mindset to this game. Like seriously, are you gonna poke your head out and run in the open, no-cover street? Use your brain for once for God's sake. These noobs are a disgrace.

surprise_mtfk
02-27-2019, 11:06 PM
Random thought - its the call of duty effect, they are used to the FPS and that is the best way to acheive it

How pity. Everytime I see a newbie from now, I will vote kick no matter what. Can't do anything. I also get cases where newbies inviting me to join their game so that they expect prestige people to win the game for them. Not only do they suck in terms of skill, but their massive cowardice is also there. I bloody hate newbies because of this. Everyone was a newbie once but you just gonna have to practice, not hiding or applying another game's logic into it, that's just plain dumb.