PDA

View Full Version : Blocking late and not being able to dodge bash/sweep etc

Tyrjo
02-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Is this really still in the game? I feel I can't dodge, let's say the BP bash if I block the light slightly too late. So you are basically eating an additional 20dmg for blocking an inkling to late. I remember it being the same with the Valkyrie sweep, block too late and you can't dodge it even though you know it's coming.

I-Nibbiru-I
02-25-2019, 10:10 AM
*Tries to think of something constructive* Uhhh hmmm, have you tried gitting gud?

Seriously though, it does happen sometimes, especially with the sweep I noticed.

Vakris_One
02-25-2019, 04:20 PM
Yes it is still in the game. If you block late you then can't dodge certain follow ups such as bashes. Vortiger's bash after light is one such move. People were hoping that the devs would address this on Vortiger's end with the last patch but that didn't happen.

Freeze covers this in his vid. Starting from the 1:24 mark

https://youtu.be/F6Wbwk959Ag

Tyrjo
02-25-2019, 07:25 PM
This needs to change asap. How much frustration does this induce each day?

Vakris_One
02-25-2019, 07:49 PM
This needs to change asap. How much frustration does this induce each day?
I don't think the majority of players notice that something is off, which could allow the devs to write this off as "on the to-do list but not a priority". A player that doesn't keep up with the forums or have knowledge of Youtubers like Freeze who document the undocumented things in the game would just assume this is intended behaviour or write it off as possible lag.

Col.Bullet
02-26-2019, 10:22 PM
Little details like this are annoying. Where some mechanical ruleset forces an unfavorable outcome while one can only let it happen.

Vendelkin
02-26-2019, 11:00 PM
Oh i notice it with the valk sweep all the time and it pisses me off immensely.

EvoX.
02-26-2019, 11:24 PM
If this isn't discussed or gets glossed over on tomorrow's den I have a bothersome feeling that they'll pretend it doesn't exist and just leave it in. I really hope I'm wrong.

Knight_Raime
02-26-2019, 11:41 PM
The only two cases that I know of this being a thing is with black prior's bash after light and centurion's jab.
I'm unaware if this is the case with anything else. I do recall that it used to be a bigger problem though and the devs did fix it some how.
So it's a bit disheartening that there are still cases of it being a thing.