PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong track,, any tutorial guide on how?

Zengrath
02-24-2019, 10:26 PM
I haven't played Trials really since like 2nd or 3rd game. So far i been ok up until i reached the Hong Kong extreme track. I'm completely baffled as to how i'm even supposed to get past the obstacles. It took me ages to finally get up first jump which seems only possible if you hold forward then tilt back as you jump?? never had to do that in any of other tracks. but 2nd jump on wooden board then up above barrel seems completely impossible to me. I can't figure out the mechanic people are using. I tried searching these forums and youtube and there are no tips/guide anywhere. The training in-game doesn't touch on these advanced tricks. Perhaps if i played all previous games extensively i would know what to do. I watched some videos of people doing this track but it helps me absolutely none doing it myself, i don't know what keys/buttons they are pressing or what the trick is.

I am assuming i have to beat this track to get beta reward? or not? it mentioned trying to beat this track by end of open beta so assuming it's for reward, any help would be appreciated.

lu3mm3l
02-24-2019, 10:52 PM
I am assuming i have to beat this track to get beta reward? or not? it mentioned trying to beat this track by end of open beta so assuming it's for reward, any help would be appreciated.

No, you only have to buy the Helium bike for 1000$ and claim the addon (and the open beta helmet) on the Ubisoft Club Rewards page. You can actually do that right now. The full game and the included tutorials from Prof. FatShady should prep you for the extreme tracks (there will be like 10? in the full game). You'll learn more stuff before you can even try the extreme tracks in the normal game. The beta has a very very steep "learning curve" since it's for people who'd like to check out the game (and stop at some point) and old fans (who bring "some" experience with them).

Zengrath
02-24-2019, 11:58 PM
EDIT: found it, i had to look at actual game i bought in uplay client to claim open beta helmet and trials turbo bike. Wasnt any option i could find in uplay open beta game, uplay overlay in game, in game store greyed out. I got open beta on steam, guessing steam open beta users don't have access to open beta items? anyway no big deal but i wouldn't have found it without you saying i had to claim something. nothing in-game said i had to.

Thanks! I was hoping the more advanced lessons was left out of beta. Extreme map seems ridiculous without any guidance on how to do those advanced jumps. I actually got past 2nd jump up to checkpoint 2 but i've tried 300+ tries i can't get up onto the pallets at checkpoint too. i manage to get my front wheel up but my back wheel not so much.

lu3mm3l
02-25-2019, 12:06 AM
I'm playing steam version of open beta, i see no rewards page on uplay, i also tried accessing uplay from in-game and nothing there for claiming these items. also in-game store is greyed out. i have no idea how to do what you said.

It's on their website ;)

https://club.ubisoft.com/game/trials-rising/rewards

fleskeknoke
02-25-2019, 12:22 AM
Extreme map seems ridiculous without any guidance on how to do those advanced jumps. I actually got past 2nd jump up to checkpoint 2 but i've tried 300+ tries i can't get up onto the pallets at checkpoint too. i manage to get my front wheel up but my back wheel not so much.

Hang in there! You are doing great.
It is extremely rewarding when you beat tough tracks.
Just wait till you pass your first ninja, its the most crazy feeling.

dallaboo
02-25-2019, 02:00 PM
The mechanic tip you're looking for is something I call "wiggle" to get that momentum from wooden board.

You need to land at the same level as the board then push your rider back to shift the weight to backwheel and add full throttle then bunny hop.

I also learned this from Fatshady, he goes into this technique in some of the Fusions extreme tracks tutorials. Its on his YouTube channel.

jook13
02-25-2019, 08:35 PM
Best advise I got is to think of your movements in terms of leaning and how it affects your bike. Jumping is not a matter of left and right joystick inputs,,, Its a matter of leaning, pre-loading your suspension springs, then releasing that energy stored in the springs. Its less about memorizing inputs and more about feeling your bike and how your movements affect it. Hard to explain,and can take a lot of time to master.