PDA

View Full Version : I still remember

Sekiro...
02-24-2019, 06:53 PM
Seems like the best way to avoid the responsability of balance a hero is launch a even more broken hero
So ppl forget ab the last one and start to complain ab the new one.

But I remember...
we used to complain ab shoulder bash looping and then shoulder bash becomed even more op
we were claimming for a nerf on Conquer's Shield bash
So they released the chineses...
I agree with a move that punish turtles but nuxia traps punish you for try TO PARRY and it doesnt make any sense
JJ is tottaly broken, unsynchronized, too strong, can heal his stamina every time

but they fized any of this?
Is much more simple to release black prior with a unreactable mixup where you need to guess, this game is not only counts with the skill of the gamer you need luck

And the best of all, they dont need to fix any of this issues, a new hero is comming next season, life is going on and seems like this game will never be fair and it will never be considered in the competitive scenario

ArchDukeInstinct
02-24-2019, 10:33 PM

Actually a recent undocumented buff to dodge iframes makes shield bash even more reactable now.

You should probably stick to calling them the Wulin.

I agree with a move that punish turtles but nuxia traps punish you for try TO PARRY and it doesnt make any sense

Because then you could just go for a parry on every heavy and feign it to completely nullify the whole mechanic. You can already just wait to see the trap icon and do a light attack tolargely negate it as it is.

JJ is tottaly broken, unsynchronized, too strong, can heal his stamina every time

One of the few valid points you had.

And the best of all, they dont need to fix any of this issues, a new hero is comming next season, life is going on and seems like this game will never be fair and it will never be considered in the competitive scenario

Yeah I'm going to have to say that it's very unlikely that the devs go through the arduous process of creating a new character with a moveset, armor sets, animations, and so on only to purposely make them OP to cover up other balance issues.

UbiInsulin
02-24-2019, 11:32 PM
In the recent AMA (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1998954-For-Honor-Dev-Team-AMA-Recap), Stefan discussed how making knee-jerk balance changes early in FH's life resulted in the more thoughtful pace we have now:

Is there anything you regret/regretted putting in For Honor?
[Stefan] When the game first launched, we jumped too quickly on some balancing choices which hurt some characters unintentionally. This is why we take a more intentional approach with our balancing updates now.

If you're interested in where things currently stand with the dev team's take on balance, I highly recommend checking out the last Warrior's Den: https://youtu.be/ppvac7iPKIo?t=2702 .

Several of the weakest Season 8 heroes received some help in Season 9 (Shug, WL, PK). We know LB, Raider, and Shinobi (feintable zone attack + slide nerf) have had changes hinted at. JJ's Soothing Mist is getting a nerf as well.

Sekiro...
03-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Actually a recent undocumented buff to dodge iframes makes shield bash even more reactable now.
nice!

You should probably stick to calling them the Wulin.
sorry(?)

Because then you could just go for a parry on every heavy and feign it to completely nullify the whole mechanic. You can already just wait to see the trap icon and do a light attack tolargely negate it as it is.
when I try to parry i get my share of risks, she can feint and gb or wait to parry me.
If Im trying to parry I'm not a turtle.
react to the trap icon with a light is not so simple, just check the win matrix duel platinum.

Yeah I'm going to have to say that it's very unlikely that the devs go through the arduous process of creating a new character with a moveset, armor sets, animations, and so on only to purposely make them OP to cover up other balance issues.
Ubilsulin answered that, thank you

rottmeister
03-01-2019, 10:07 PM

Aaaaaaaaand the buff to dodges was unintended and is now being looked into :/

"Q: Was the recent buff to dodge I-frames intended?

A: No. They are investigating it currently."

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/avwkxy/warriors_den_recap_feb_28th_2019_fight_team_qa/

MrB3NX
03-02-2019, 04:44 AM
Nuxia traps are broken

lights worked for me once out of 100 times which is crazy

bashes ruin the game greatly and the devs likes it that way .

ArchDukeInstinct
03-02-2019, 05:32 AM
when I try to parry i get my share of risks, she can feint and gb or wait to parry me.
If Im trying to parry I'm not a turtle.
react to the trap icon with a light is not so simple, just check the win matrix duel platinum.

Fair point on feint into GB.

Aaaaaaaaand the buff to dodges was unintended and is now being looked into :/

"Q: Was the recent buff to dodge I-frames intended?

A: No. They are investigating it currently."

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/avwkxy/warriors_den_recap_feb_28th_2019_fight_team_qa/

Yeah, quite sad to see that honestly. Seems the devs are really set on having the gameplay revolve around semi-reactable to unreactable bashes grinding people down instead of implementing more interesting offense.

Knight_Raime
03-03-2019, 02:57 AM
Seems like the best way to avoid the responsability of balance a hero is launch a even more broken hero
So ppl forget ab the last one and start to complain ab the new one.

But I remember...
we used to complain ab shoulder bash looping and then shoulder bash becomed even more op

but they fized any of this?
Is much more simple to release black prior with a unreactable mixup where you need to guess, this game is not only counts with the skill of the gamer you need luck

Opening statement isn't true. They make adjustments regardless of character additions or not. The truth of the situation is that heros are not "changed enough" to satisfy people. Both the likes of you and the likes of competitive players. So, no one side of the community is actually happy with what is or what isn't done. We all just agree there isn't enough done. It doesn't help that they seem to try to appease two seperate crowds with changes. But that's a different discussion entirely.

I'm unsure of what point you're trying to make. Hindsight is 20/20 my friend. People change. Wants change. What the community originally wanted back when the turtle meta existed was to give every single hero one unblockable. This was one of the very first suggestions that gained traction. Eventually we got to a point of the game where "unblockable spam" was a common phrasing that was thrown around all the time. Point i'm making is there is no reason to compare the past to now. All we can do is figure out what we want right now and how best to implement that for the future.

Sekiro...
03-06-2019, 11:47 PM
Opening statement isn't true. They make adjustments regardless of character additions or not. The truth of the situation is that heros are not "changed enough" to satisfy people. Both the likes of you and the likes of competitive players. So, no one side of the community is actually happy with what is or what isn't done. We all just agree there isn't enough done. It doesn't help that they seem to try to appease two seperate crowds with changes. But that's a different discussion entirely.

I would be ok if every hero were strong as Blackprior or JJ
but its hard to enjoy the game with so much unbalance

What the community originally wanted back when the turtle meta existed was to give every single hero one unblockable.
would be nice
But they want to vary the gameplay by making orochi and peacekeeper withoud ub or bashes

Eventually we got to a point of the game where "unblockable spam" was a common phrasing that was thrown around all the time.
IMO the spam of some bashes are the cancer of this game

Sekiro...
03-06-2019, 11:49 PM
Nuxia traps are broken

lights worked for me once out of 100 times which is crazy

bashes ruin the game greatly and the devs likes it that way .

I agree.