PDA

View Full Version : Have Ninja's not count for overall score

ImDempsey
02-24-2019, 06:27 PM
I'm speaking for a large part of the trials community that has been competing on the global leaderboard since Trials HD,Trials Evolution and Trials Fusion. It is extremely discouraging knowing that Ninja's will be part of global score when it has always been about speedrunning. If the score for ninja's is there, but doesn't get added into the total global score that actually ranks you that would be okay with me, but having the ninja's count for global score will be a huge mistake. I know that it will for sure make me not compete anymore unfortunately :(

Really hoping the right decision is made here.

ParadoxIX2019
02-24-2019, 07:05 PM
I couldn't agree more. Everyone I have talked too thinks the same thing. it is very very bad idea to have ninjas worth score for global leaderboards. this would for sure ruin the game for many people

lu3mm3l
02-24-2019, 07:32 PM
It's not only that. It might be a pretty unpopular opinion, at least for "ninjas", but I think it's the wrong direction to embrace the flaws of the physics engine instead of fixing them. There are great trials riders out there, haven't seen one climbing a vertical wall or save himself with a fender grab. Yes, there's a lot of fantasy going on but I think this goes against the concept itself, which started different. A zero fault run with a fender grab isn't a zero fault run in my eyes. And no, I don't hate ninjas or talking trash about their skill set - I'm really impressed about some peoples ability to perfectly control their bike. I just think it's not a good fit. Although the game (now) has a fantasy touch.

AndreasJackson
02-24-2019, 10:23 PM
I saw this post and just made an account to add my opinion. I literally love ninjas, but they really should not count for score on global leaderboards. It seriously ruins the competitive-ness for all the players that have put thousands and thousands of hours into the previous games. It would be sad to see ninjas count on global leaderboards, period. i even heard some people that helped test the game mention that they dont like the fact ninjas count, i wonder if it was a after thought by redlynx to do this because i dont see people approving this. like i said, i LOVE ninjas, but they shouldn't count for global, even if there is a couple maps

giantmoosefan
02-25-2019, 09:25 AM
Ninja tracks are just another part of the game. If skill games and stadium finals count towards global score, ninja tracks should too. Much the same way the gameplay changes from smooth, rollercoaster like easy-medium to technical tracks with hard and extreme (slowing things down for most players), ninja tracks are an extension of this; a deeper level of technical drive lines.

Much like how a new player may have fun with the easy levels, but will have to adjust to extreme, extreme players will have to adjust to ninjas (or risk losing those extra points).