PDA

View Full Version : Anno 1404 Quests/Achievements fix Patch request

vpalmer83
02-24-2019, 12:32 PM
BB & Ubi, Non-German versions of 1404 have broken / missed Quests texts and Quest giving ratios, Achievements, Medals etc for long time. Here is user-made patch fixing it, but may be you could make this fixes in official update and pack them into builds wich are distributed with all digital store platforms like UPlay, Steam and GOG ? - 1 not dev-profiled person made this patch in 3 monthes, so may be you could provide such patch, after all you have sooo many personel like community managers and other people who spend a LOT of time making streams and other not nescessary work, so may be just dedicate 1-2 persons to make patch for the game wich is VERY popular even in this days and still make you money (for example i bought 2 copies recently).

dmdilks
02-24-2019, 04:33 PM
There has been a Unofficial patch out for over 5 yrs. But everytime they make a new forum we lose everything from the last one. I have tried many times to get the Mods to do things but for some reason they don't. I just ask one the other day in PM to do something and nothing. Here is a link to all the patches and the unofficial.

https://patches-scrolls.de/patch/185/7/

Here is another link: Plus once there Click on the 3 dots at the right and than you can download it.

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=anno1404-venice-unofficialpatch-v1.10.zip

vpalmer83
02-26-2019, 07:08 PM
I know about this patch and wrote that in second sentence of first post !
What is this thread about - Ubisoft / BlueByte need to make fixes from this unnofical patch into official Anno 1404 game distributive which you can download from most popular digital stores like steam and GOG, so here will be no need to dancing around and using third party resources to play game properly and not broken.

dmdilks
02-27-2019, 04:39 AM
Most people hope they will fix things. But I have been here from day one 1602. They have never really fix most of the problems in all the games. They get to a point they just drop the ball and move on.

Here is a example 2070. Every Time you had to reinstall the game you had to jump through hoops to get it run.The problem was every time you went to start the game and if you had the addon deep ocean it would go into a boot loop. People and the Mods had all kinds of fixes for it.

What the really problem was yes you own it but Ubisoft never really put in your games file on Uplay. So what I did was I bought it through Uplay again and I never had a problem any more.

So the point I'm making is if Ubisoft couldn't figure out that problem on 2070 how do think they are going fix those problems. Plus 1404 it has a memory leak they have never fix. Oh they tried by using Virtual Memory but that didn't work either.

I have all the gaming companies out Origin, Steam, Blizzard. They all use a game interface just like Uplay. Those 3 you can move your game hard drive into a new computer load they interfaces. Point to the games and they do some updates and you are playing. UPLAY forget it you have to start all over again.

I can't even get a Mod to make a couple of stickys here. There are two threads that should be stickys that have a lot of info in them about the game. They were stickys on the OLD FORUM. So good luck on get things fix on the game.

Ubi-Woofer
10-09-2019, 09:02 AM
BB & Ubi, Non-German versions of 1404 have broken / missed Quests texts and Quest giving ratios, Achievements, Medals etc for long time. Here is user-made patch fixing it, but may be you could make this fixes in official update and pack them into builds wich are distributed with all digital store platforms like UPlay, Steam and GOG ? - 1 not dev-profiled person made this patch in 3 monthes, so may be you could provide such patch, after all you have sooo many personel like community managers and other people who spend a LOT of time making streams and other not nescessary work, so may be just dedicate 1-2 persons to make patch for the game wich is VERY popular even in this days and still make you money (for example i bought 2 copies recently).

Hey vpalmer83, could you provide me with some examples of the broken / missed quests and ratios you've described? Additional information regarding the achievements and medals would also be helpful, for me to understand exactly what the issues are with the version of the game you are currently playing.

Also - you've mentioned a fan-made / unofficial patch in your post. What does this patch offer that you would like to see implemented into the official release of the game, as you have mentioned it fixes the issues you have had? While we do not support using unofficial patches or files with our games, I am interested to know what was done / fixed in it, so that I may investigate further with our ANNO team.

I can't even get a Mod to make a couple of stickys here. There are two threads that should be stickys that have a lot of info in them about the game. They were stickys on the OLD FORUM. So good luck on get things fix on the game.

Which threads specifically would you like to see pinned, dmdilks, and why do you feel that they would be useful for so many players to see in that format? I can investigate further if pinning them would be possible. :)

dmdilks
10-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Which threads specifically would you like to see pinned, dmdilks, and why do you feel that they would be useful for so many players to see in that format? I can investigate further if pinning them would be possible.

Thanks But this has already been done just look at the sticky at the top of the page. That was a sticky in the old forum.

Ubi-Woofer
10-10-2019, 08:16 AM
Thanks But this has already been done just look at the sticky at the top of the page. That was a sticky in the old forum.

I'd seen that one, but wanted to make sure there weren't any other threads that you were referring to! Glad to hear that it was sorted.