PDA

View Full Version : so i just bought marching fire for arcade...

Valr4vn_
02-24-2019, 09:52 AM
Biggest mistake so far.
can we get an arcade mode that actually makes sense?
one that i can play by myself without retrying 4738294 times and still failing? the rolls for debuffs and buff are severely in the enemies favor. why are there even 3v1 matches in an arcade mode? who designed this? whoever it was you should fire them.
GIVE US A 1v1 LADDER STYLE ARCADE MODE! ramp up the difficulty based on bosses that already exist and give them more health or stamina. why the HELL would you make it so that its almost always a 2 or 3 v 1? IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE AND MAKES THE GAME INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING AND NOT FUN AT ALL, the system you have in place is based entirely on luck! i saw the warriors den where arcade was announced and EVEN THE DEVS CANT BEAT IT! WTF GUYS? if i could get a refund i would.
lets take a look at what arcade mode should be like. we can keep gear stats and perks, thats not the problem, although the perk system is trash compared to the old system.
get rid of buffs and debuffs, OR MAKE THEM OPTIONAL!
use a ladder system, that increases enemy health and stamina as you progress the ladder
structure the ladder system so that at the toward the top you fight the counter pick of character you picked. (ex: cent vs glad)
AT MOST, AT THE VERY VERY TOP OF THE LADDER maybe one or two 2v1's BUT NEVER a 3v1
get rid of minions all together, theyre annoying and only serve to interrupt you and make things more annoying, or you know, you could do the right thing and stop them from staggering you...today i couldnt revive my teammates several times in dominion because minions kept interrupting me.
make the final boss one of the in game bosses or even appolyon.
i honestly see so much potential lost in this game, to irrational decision making and poor testing. please, if you guys want to keep this game alive, and keep people playing work to balance and give us QOL changes like reworking arcade. until then, i give up. its too much and i cant take the devs anymore, i cant take this game anymore. i played since beta, AND IT STARTED OFF AMAZING, then you guys just kept ****ing it up until it was an unrecognizable mess. you spilled the milk on this one guys.

TLDR: REWORK ARCADE.

Vendelkin
02-24-2019, 10:17 AM
I personally love arcade in its current state. Also this weeks is the easiest its been in over a month and can be cleared with a 0 gear score hero as long as you are capable.(i have done this.)

Arcades not for everyone. But the challengw and tactics necessary to survive i find extremely unique and fun to play through for the most part. If you are struggling i make tutorial videos for each weekly quest. This is my most recent.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pctl2eYZH-c

Also just in case you dont know gear score effects your dmg and defense so with a new character in a weekly a single light will kill you.

Now to comment on some points you make. First minions. Most of the time the minions actually help you because of how certain modifiers work and how lvl 3 ais treat ganks. Using them to your advantage can get you revenge easier or keep an enemy at bay, and in many cases they are free bonus health.

Arcade mode should not be reworked cause some playera like myself love it. Ibwould love to see it given additional modes such as the ladder system you suggest so it could appeal to more players.

Me and others have wanted a 4 person objecrive based mode to be added to it. Similar in style to campaign/story missions.

Nidhrion
02-24-2019, 01:21 PM
Biggest mistake so far.

Mine too. A complete and useless waste of money, i regret it so much.

Jastorm187
02-24-2019, 02:03 PM
I enjoy the challenge, but the broken bot mechanics and hidden buff amd debuff based on gear score have ruined it for me, i regret my purchase as well. They also seem to be ignoring arcade updates all together as well, making it feel very " we have your money, why would we care".

As for the perk system, here is how they need to fix it.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1983073-Improving-how-gear-and-perks-work?highlight=perks

bannex19
02-24-2019, 02:17 PM
Biggest mistake so far.
can we get an arcade mode that actually makes sense?
one that i can play by myself without retrying 4738294 times and still failing? the rolls for debuffs and buff are severely in the enemies favor. why are there even 3v1 matches in an arcade mode? who designed this? whoever it was you should fire them.
GIVE US A 1v1 LADDER STYLE ARCADE MODE! ramp up the difficulty based on bosses that already exist and give them more health or stamina. why the HELL would you make it so that its almost always a 2 or 3 v 1? IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE AND MAKES THE GAME INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING AND NOT FUN AT ALL, the system you have in place is based entirely on luck! i saw the warriors den where arcade was announced and EVEN THE DEVS CANT BEAT IT! WTF GUYS? if i could get a refund i would.
lets take a look at what arcade mode should be like. we can keep gear stats and perks, thats not the problem, although the perk system is trash compared to the old system.
get rid of buffs and debuffs, OR MAKE THEM OPTIONAL!
use a ladder system, that increases enemy health and stamina as you progress the ladder
structure the ladder system so that at the toward the top you fight the counter pick of character you picked. (ex: cent vs glad)
AT MOST, AT THE VERY VERY TOP OF THE LADDER maybe one or two 2v1's BUT NEVER a 3v1
get rid of minions all together, theyre annoying and only serve to interrupt you and make things more annoying, or you know, you could do the right thing and stop them from staggering you...today i couldnt revive my teammates several times in dominion because minions kept interrupting me.
make the final boss one of the in game bosses or even appolyon.
i honestly see so much potential lost in this game, to irrational decision making and poor testing. please, if you guys want to keep this game alive, and keep people playing work to balance and give us QOL changes like reworking arcade. until then, i give up. its too much and i cant take the devs anymore, i cant take this game anymore. i played since beta, AND IT STARTED OFF AMAZING, then you guys just kept ****ing it up until it was an unrecognizable mess. you spilled the milk on this one guys.

TLDR: REWORK ARCADE.

Dude you're way late to the party. People have been *****ing about arcade for months. It sucks. It's one of the worst modes I've ever paid for in a video game and I bought anthem.

EvoX.
02-24-2019, 07:01 PM
It's one of the worst modes I've ever paid for in a video game and I bought anthem.

Damn, that bad?

rottmeister
02-24-2019, 07:35 PM
Luckily I bought this Season's Pass for the Wu lin and not for Arcade.

Some weekly arcades were fun. This week's was relatively easy.

Do you like any of the Wu lin or have any interest in playing them?

If not then I'd suggest playing the lower level arcades (with characters that have that gear score or are a bit lower) they are a lot more fun and don't have any insane modifiers.
Sometimes the legendary ones can seem impossible or flat out rage inducing.
If I remember correctly I have had the no guard UI thing against 3 spammy opponents... that was ... fun .... *crawls into fetus position*

UbiInsulin
02-24-2019, 10:03 PM
Thanks everybody for raising these concerns about Arcade Mode's difficulty. I know it's something that we've talked about on the Warrior's Den in the past, but I'll continue to pass the feedback on.

Jastorm187
02-24-2019, 10:28 PM
Thanks everybody for raising these concerns about Arcade Mode's difficulty. I know it's something that we've talked about on the Warrior's Den in the past, but I'll continue to pass the feedback on.

Please start by removing the dependency on gear score. its ridiculous having this as you have to grind your characters endlessly before using them in arcade. Let the difficulty be the difficulty! Gear score is not a measure of skill.

You have match making pair of noobs with high tier veterans but you cripple anyone in a PvAI arcade mode cause their gear score doesnt meet your expectation??

Vendelkin
02-25-2019, 02:48 AM
Please start by removing the dependency on gear score. its ridiculous having this as you have to grind your characters endlessly before using them in arcade. Let the difficulty be the difficulty! Gear score is not a measure of skill.

You have match making pair of noobs with high tier veterans but you cripple anyone in a PvAI arcade mode cause their gear score doesnt meet your expectation??

This i agree with. Also the only difficulty worth the time to exp it gives is the highest so it is particularily frustrating basically having arcade as a time waster until you rep 8 a hero.

Also earlier i said id post a link, but it didnt happen. I edited it back in but here it is again for any interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pctl2eYZH-c

D0C_Nova
02-28-2019, 02:17 PM
I enjoy the arcade. There is always a way to win. It's not just about spamming attacks at mindless lvl 1 and 2 bots like in 4v4 vs AI. Sometimes use environment to win, or buffs, or simply specific moves. Like I notice a lot of variability between bots' styles even of the same level. Some are very susceptible to guard breaks for instance and others are not.

Let me be clear. I can fight lvl 3 bots. When I was a beginner they were like gods, but now I can wreck them. They might parry every neutral light you throw, so obviously that means you cant do that. Bots aren't people. They have different strengths and weaknesses. You cant reliably play mind games with them so rely more on guaranteed damage.

That being said... fighting 1 or more level 3 bots with significant buffs and for some reason do twice as much damage as they should even though you are at the appropriate gear score....... is f*king bs. I've beaten every weekly arcade since release, almost all of them solo. But there have been some that took me hours to figure out how to beat (or finally get lucky enough.)

Not everyone is skilled or determined enough to complete the weekly arcade. And I like it that way. The crimson conquest effect looks sick and I worked my *** off for the ones I have. They start giving it away to everyone then it's not special anymore. Random quests gold and teal are supposed to be challenging. But if you're struggling with purple and below, well, keep practicing.